News: Guy tows his own car to avoid police crackdown...police stop tow truck anyways.

So you're doing exactly what we shouldn't do as an enthusiasts community, throw others under the bus...

rolleyes

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I haven't thrown anyone under the bus. (?) I just don't agree with it, and if we're going to be ticketting people, it should make sense, no? I believe in drawing the line somewhere reasonable, giving people the allowance to do the things that they want, all while not doing anything stupid.

Anyway, didn't mean to turn this into a lifted truck thread.
fwiw, I'm sure your Tacoma's pretty nice.

seriously fk those cops. Im sure people outside the forum is going to read our comments.
for those people that think we're a bunch of delinquent teenagers disturbing peace, here's some food for thought:

It costs money to go arrest criminals, some wear cop uniforms, other wear suits. Arresting real criminals doesn't bring back money to the city. City of Quebec for example had this criminal Vaillancourt as mayor for about 23 years? I'm sure a lot of your infrastructure is beyond fucked, even by third world country standards. I'm sure if you can connect the dots. The city also built a NHL stadium for a team that won't be coming. Good job Quebec government, you got your priorities.

Stopping those illegal cars are easy targets. You have cops that are about as literate as a nail and they interpret the Code de la securite routiere as well as an ISIS member interprets the Koran. Yes, those car enthusiasts did push the limit, the mods may or may not be legal but this is clear misuse of police effort. Are they a major security concern? No. Do they fill in their quotas? Oh fuck yes.

Maire Vaillancourt à Quebec? The fuck, il était maire de Laval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is ridiculous. Its not even about safety anymore, this is pure discrimination and harassment. Finally a good clean meet with no bozos revving and burning out, and this is the result??!?!?!
In order to promote peace and understanding, leave the guys alone when the meet is respectable. I can understand if the guy is revving or being an idiot then go bust his ass by all means.
I think the secret agenda here is all about the money, no cover charge to get into the show, no taxes being payed + tickets + the cost of inspection + etc........
The crime rate is relatively low there so the police are just looking for anything to flex their muscles and give out tickets and what not.

I see a direct comparison with what is going on between the car modifying crowd and the government as what is going on with the gun owners (and frankly the general population) and the government.

The people are not asking for these regulations, the people are not choosing to put these laws or systems in place, but yet the government does it, and by that is closing its grip on our general freedom. Little by little, common sense is thrown out the window and everything is being heavily regulated to give back what? A false sense of security, nothing else.

The gun registry went through almost unopposed even with all sorts of opposition in the general population. And you know what? People are still going to get shot, people are still going to use guns to hurt others. They'll find a way. It won't stop or even prevent anything, it will simply be a hindrance to the good, honest folks, all the while costing everyone a ton of money.

Same thing with the car scene. They're putting in all these laws to try to prevent such a minimalistic problem, while turning a blind eye to the real problems on our roads; poorly engineered road designs, poorly maintained vehicles everywhere, and a poorly directed approach to enforcement.

Sure, there need to be rules and regulations, but while one properly maintained bagged car is getting towed, you have dozens of 1996 Dodge Caravans on worn out studded tires and busted out bushings and bearings being left alone, not getting stopped. I've said it before in another post, but we're only a very small problem, but we're getting all the attention from the enforcement because it's easy, doesn't require effort.

Misplaced enforcement is what it is. All under the pretext of safety, when we all know this is very far down in the "hierarchy" of the cause of the problem to begin with.

This is ridiculous. Its not even about safety anymore, this is pure discrimination and harassment. Finally a good clean meet with no bozos revving and burning out, and this is the result??!?!?!
In order to promote peace and understanding, leave the guys alone when the meet is respectable. I can understand if the guy is revving or being an idiot then go bust his ass by all means.
I think the secret agenda here is all about the money, no cover charge to get into the show, no taxes being payed + tickets + the cost of inspection + etc........
The crime rate is relatively low there so the police are just looking for anything to flex their muscles and give out tickets and what not.

You sound like that purple bitch... "je suis une bonne samaritaine laissez moi tranquille"....
Just because the meet is going smoothly, doesn't mean they have to close their eyes on stuff that is clearly illegal. Especially with all the fuss going around these past weeks, shouldn't they know by now?

I have never been to a meet without such bozos. There are always going to be a few who rev, burnout or and show how loud their illegal exhausts sounds bouncing off the rev limiter.

So he drove his car to the meet, saw the cops, knew damn well his car has illegal stuff done to it, called a tow truck, still get tagged because obviously his car did not magically appear there and he cant prove he got it towed there for the meet and then cries on facebook that he did nothing wrong...

cryme.jpg

There is a double standard sry (Also never seen modded Harelys stopped, but sport bikes all the time) .

Im so sick of hearing that, modded Harleys do get pulled over all the time. Even worst, when a pack of friends ride together they're automatically labeled as a gang.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

je suis surpris qu'ils n'ont pas ete arreter en vertue de la lois contre le gangsterisme. (atroupement de 2 personnes ou plus)

Here's the perfect example. This one is from last fall. This guy got an inspection while his car was parked in his driveway, officers claimed to have seen him driving around. This car is static and the owner is proud to say it. Lowered all the way down with adjusting rings removed. He's wondering why he got an inspection?
Over 300 comments and 2700 likes.

c2675ec2fa7e099d4d536379cdb54dd5.jpg

03a18b7b63be856935bf3a6813162559.jpg

07c3da2d01ef7c66b090f52e896509c7.jpg

It's sucks that they came onto your property to ticket your PLATED car but this is ridiculous, you can't safely drive this around

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

si je suis accoté, ya aucune chance que mes bagues dévisse et que mon coil se défasse...Wow juste wow !!

Back