WTF is this fuid that came out of my transmission?

darkestfenix

It's opaque blue and smells more like bearing/CV grease than it does a fluid.....

Manual transmission.

syp0lw.jpg

Some gear oils are like that and most gear oils smell like that
Manual tranny fluid is not at all the same as auto tranny fluid.

I never blew a tranny in my car

After reading about it, it seems it's not recommended to be used in transmissions with synchros... And supposed to be short term usage with frequent changes.... Some car owners are so fucking stupid.

After reading about it, it seems it's not recommended to be used in transmissions with synchros... And supposed to be short term usage with frequent changes.... Some car owners are so fucking stupid.

Just like people who put racing oil in a street car. It's not that it's not good, it's that race oil hasn't got the detergents that prevent corrosion forming when water gets in the oil from cold starts and short trips. On a race car it's fine because it's started 4-5 times per weekend and the oil is changed after.

Race oil in a street car becomes black in no time because of that...

its people who go on forums and read posts like
"i put 20w50 royal purple in my taurus and its so much better, especially with my short ram intake"
"Been running ching chang racing oil in my car for 10 years no issues"
"84 gmc k10 with the original 305, i always run synthetic cuz its da best"
"My ebay turbo d16 is so much better than swapping to a b-series"

the ligtweight oil is ok whit sychro i usually mix it whit one quart of 75w90 on my vr6 and it work well.

never saw this oil color, probably an additive. see if it's the dealer oil.

Then by a magnetic plug.

And depending of your car, I used liqui moly gear oil, GL4 for the transmission and GL5 for the diff.
I read good comments on many forums about this gear oil.

2049_grande.jpeg

C'est de la HEAVY (rouge) shockproof cest carrément pas bon de mettre de la shockproof dans une gearbox. Meilleur facon de la tuer.

C'est fait pour des différentielles ou transfert case. Gearbox -> MT90 ou bien MTL pure , ou mix 50/50. La bleu est plus orienté pour les véhicule qui roule l'hiver.

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pages/oil
Shockproof in transmission:

Absolutely DO NOT use Redline Shockproof in your transmission!

Shockproof is designed for ring and pinions found in T-Cases and Rear Diffs. If you use it in your transmission, you will break gears and ruin your synchros!

The pic below is of an EVOIII 1st gear which only had 6 months of use with Shockproof oil. Shockproof causes odd gear failures like this one where 1 tooth in your 1st or 2nd gear will end up breaking off and missing. We have seen a bad rash of odd failures like this with Shockproof users

EVOIIIGear_grande.jpg

Shockproof can also cause fretting with gear teeth in your trans. Here is a picture of an EVO 9 1st gear and input shaft after using Shockproof:

EVO9Gears_grande.jpg

How that customers gear didn't break is amazing!

Shockproof also has no friction modifiers, which means that synchros will be unable to work correctly and will have to work serious over-time in order to synchronize your trans correctly. Synchros need friction in order to properly operate. When there is no friction, they are under a large amount of pressure and will wear out very quickly. They will also feel notchy and unpleasant to shift.

The wax found in Shockproof oils will also plug up your small oil passages found in the synchros, shafts and center diff in your trans. Just please don't use it!

Shockproof oils are an unbelievable achievement in engineering and a miracle oil, but only if used as intended. Use Shockproof in your T-Case and you will never have to worry about worn ring and pinions again. Use it in your trans, and you'd be lucky to get 6 months out of it. It is clearly stated on Redlines instructions to NOT use Shockproof in your trans. Take their word for it, they are the people who engineered it and know best.

Take our word for it, use the factory Mitsubishi oil in your trans at any HP level! We don't see gear failures like this when people stick to the factory fluid. Yes, we know, many people believe that you must have some kind of aftermarket oil for your trans if you are to push a lot of power through it. The Mitsubishi transmission fluid is pretty amazing and will give you the cleanest gear wear, and shift possible.

It's hard to believe that oil from the factory is best, but it is and the reason why is due to the poor engineering of the EVO 6-speed trans found in the 9 MR. The trans broke synchros and gears at factory HP levels. Mits had this fluid developed to allow that horrid trans to survive. Due to this, it is the best trans fluid on the market today!

Next question we always get is: Can I use a mix of Shockproof or some other aftermarket oils with the factory fluid? The answer is NO! Please get away from the mentality that you must have some kind of aftermarket fluid in your trans! Use 100% Mits fluid mixed with nothing but more 100% Mits fluid. It works great as it is and will give you the best life and performance possible.

We don't know who has been starting the rash of Shockproof in your trans or mixed with other fluids as a good thing, because it's not. Please don't do it!

@SimZx3KGT t'a oublié la NS GL-5 chez redline pour les transmission qui demande du GL-5

même de la redline mt-90 est raide quand y fait froid .... mais elle fait une foutu belle job de protection de synchro ...

Back