Coup d'état en Turkey

confirmed by every serious news media outlet... cnn.com, ap, bloomberg, whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is funded by NATO members (ex-Turkey obv)... Erdogan was becoming somewhat of a problem for the West.

Since the last 3yrs, the country face many terrorist and général Security issue.

Don't forget that this country was used to be reputated for a multicultural peaceful place.

Shit it the fan in Europe

Un gouvernement de droite fondamentaliste autoritaire qui avait son support chez les jambon croyants du 450 profond qui tombe au main de militaire qui veulent un pays plus moderne... good.

Juste des tank dans la rue . Rien de mal haha

P.s .. y'a un tank qui utilise même son flasher lol. Chauffe mieu qua montreal

Dans l'histoire de l'humanité, quand l'armé prend le pouvoir, c'est rarement pour les droits humains et la démocratie.

I call bullshit sur leur raisons

Dans l'histoire de l'humanité, quand l'armé prend le pouvoir, c'est rarement pour les droits humains et la démocratie.

I call bullshit sur leur raisons

On verra dans 7 jours... c'est d'un gouvernement aux tendances de plus en plus violentes, instables et autoritaires dont on parle ici.

Petit tour sur Google:

http://fpa.oxfordjournals.org/content/12/2/192

Coups and democratization

Research suggests that coups promote democratization in staunchly authoritarian regimes, have become less likely to end democracy over time, and that the positive influence has strengthened since the end of the Cold War.[11][12][30][31]

A 2014 study found that "coups promote democratization, particularly among states that are least likely to democratize otherwise".[30] The authors argue that coup attempts can have this consequence because leaders of successful coups have incentives to democratize quickly in order to establish political legitimacy and economic growth while leaders who stay in power after failed coup attempts see it as a sign that they must enact meaningful reforms to remain in power.[30] A 2014 study found that 40% of post-Cold War coups were successful. The authors argue that this may be due to the incentives created by international pressure.[11] A 2016 study found that democracies were installed in 12 percent of Cold War coups and 40 percent of the post-Cold War coups.[12]

I'm pretty sure I called this like a year ago, Erdogan has been out of his god damn mind for a while now. Doesn't Turkey's military have a pretty legit non sectarian non religious history?

Erdogan is a fucking nut job with grand aspirations that would have dragged the country through hell for them. Hopefully Turkey can be the example of a modern secular muslim state can be and will lead the region out of these dark days.

Also important to note that there are probably factions with the Turkish army, since Erdogan has been in power he's done everything to cripple the senior leadership within the army and consolidate all the power with himself.

NATO is for sure backing the army. Army is secular, being Turkish is first for them being Muslim is 2nd or even later.

NATO is for sure backing the army. Army is secular, being Turkish is first for them being Muslim is 2nd or even later.

Lets just hope the people who elected an Islamist leader don't turn this coup into yet another fail-state... I'm also very curious to see how NATO AND Russia will react.

Last edited:
For those who aren't aware, this HAD to happen.

Also for those who don't know, here's a reason why.
When the majority of your population is living in 3rd world conditions and your leader had the nerve to build himself one of the biggest palaces in history.

Behold.

_78990669_erdoganstaircase.jpg
ERDOGAN-master1050.jpg
yeni-basbakanlik-3-565x295.jpg
e18996a0878803a5.jpg
turkey-palace-getty_custom-1de5c735ec041c48e5a8c239551a117b4ab2d546-s900-c85.jpg

1000 rooms (one thousand), cost twice the initial $615M pricetag

Back