Focus RS hitting the dealers

Subaru has been selling their shitbox STI for years between 42-50k... no one really says nothing

Ford and VW come in selling something to compete with the STI at the same price range and all of a sudden MR goes all jew

To each his peach, I'm not saying they shouldn't have the manual transmission I'm just saying they should also make an automatic that is better than the piece of shit they put in the rest of their line-up. I don't know why people are bashing me for just saying they should've added more choices for the people who are searching in that segment. I'm tired of always seeing Manual and Auto transmission rants.

And BTW 16v just because you like manual transmission it doesn't mean you're more or less of a car enthusiast than me. I think you're taking it a bit too personal.

And BTW 16v just because you like manual transmission it doesn't mean you're more or less of a car enthusiast than me. I think you're taking it a bit too personal.

but it's a good freaking clue.

0% of automatic driver that I know are car enthusiast. Or they are just fake.

Enthusiast is someone the % of something takes in your life. So you might be right.

Anyway, There should be rules about real car guys.

such as :

- never take your car to the garage for simple maintenance or engine swap.
- look back your head 3 times when you walk away from your car.
- put more money on car's improvement than on your gf.
- on vacation time, riding the car from point A to B, should be at least 90% of the vacation fun.
- lapping.
- knowing the spec of your own car ( many fake enthusiast people fail hard on that one)
- less electronic assistance is fun. it measure the driver capability, not the car.

^^ this is just for the lol, sans rancunes :p

Last edited:

Enthusiast is someone the % of something takes in your life. So you might be right.

There should be rules about real car guys.

such as :

- on vacation time, riding the car from point A to B, should be at least 90% of the vacation fun.
- lapping.
- knowing the spec of your own car ( many fake enthusiast people fail hard on that one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610rMnK9HCo

That guy's videos make me die, they're pretty on point tbh. I don't disagree on the fact that most automatic drivers aren't enthusiasts but at the end of the day they count for total sales at the end of the year so all I meant is that I'm surprised Ford which is there only to make money (on s'entend que ils sont la pour l'argent et pas pour les enthusiats) didn't offer 2 transmissions to compete with the others.

Point final

J'aurais regarder la Focus ST ou RS si une bonne transmission automatique avait été offert. Je vais donc regarder du côté de VW!

...I'm surprised Ford which is there only to make money (on s'entend que ils sont la pour l'argent et pas pour les enthusiats) didn't offer 2 transmissions to compete with the others.

Cuz the RS is a proven formula in Europe its buyer base wants a manual transmission. Ford is smart, the $$$ spent tooling & shipping an auto transmission (and all that goes with it) to the North American market only to satisfy all small percentage of their buyer base would be silly. Those who want a hot hatch want it manual so that's how they will supply it.

Beautiful car but I'm not sure of the market, I wonder how the sales will fair again'st the competition.

Cuz the RS is a proven formula in Europe its buyer base wants a manual transmission. Ford is smart, the $$$ spent tooling & shipping an auto transmission (and all that goes with it) to the North American market only to satisfy all small percentage of their buyer base would be silly. Those who want a hot hatch want it manual so that's how they will supply it.

Don't confuse the European market with North America's

Anyway, There should be rules about real car guys.

such as :

- lapping.
- less electronic assistance is fun. it measure the driver capability, not the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610rMnK9HCo

huh? I have a shit ton of clients who are real car guys.. They just couldn't be bothered working on them..

13.7 pour le golf R? Ils ont surement delete le clutch delay valve ou mit un driver de furie dedans. Mon ami en a une et il a de la misere a rouler dans le 14 a napi meme si sa vie en dependait.

A ce prix la j'espere que tu peux dropper la clutch avec le gaz dans le cute off sans que tout éclate.

13.7 pour le golf R? Ils ont surement delete le clutch delay valve ou mit un driver de furie dedans. Mon ami en a une et il a de la misere a rouler dans le 14 a napi meme si sa vie en dependait.

Surprenant qui fasse pas mieux que ça ? à quel trap speed il rentre ? et combien de 60ft

That guy's videos make me die, they're pretty on point tbh. I don't disagree on the fact that most automatic drivers aren't enthusiasts but at the end of the day they count for total sales at the end of the year so all I meant is that I'm surprised Ford which is there only to make money (on s'entend que ils sont la pour l'argent et pas pour les enthusiats) didn't offer 2 transmissions to compete with the others.

Point final

il aurait pus mettre une tranny automatique dans la mustang 350..........il l'on pas faite!!!!, parce qu'une tranny automashit pour une voiture de piste et plaire a quelque enthousiasme tarlouse ne fait pas de sens.....héhé

j'ai bien aimer la phrase du chroniqueur auto a V (le gros) qui a tester la hellcat....

''entre vous et moi une bête de ce genre ne peut qu'être dompter qu'avec une transmission manuel.......''
une phrase de ce genre....tout a coup mon estime pour lui a remonter d'un cran.......

ca fait quelque temps que je regarde et j'en parle mais je veut une mustang convertible pour ride avec mes gars mais vu mon budget de pauvre ca va finir avec un 1990 a 2004 max (10k budget max).....par contre des que j'en voit une avec transmission automashit....je prend meme pas le temps de la regarder MEME si est hyper clean avec toute les option etc.....
dont make sense to have this type of car and put a automatic tranny........une type M / AMG /etc que tu utilise tout les jour dans traffic etc.....peut etre (et même là encore).....mais une RS/STI/R/GT/SRT/ etc.... please stop the none sense and buy a manual tranny

par contre, une automatique d'une mustang 2002 ca a rien avoir avec les transmission de nouvelle génération double clutch

One thing Ford did get right on that car...

That fucking exhaust note... Oh My God. One of the best sounding 4-bangers EVER. They did really really right on that one.

Back