2018 Corvette ZR-1

Love the dead body in the back comment from one of the readers. But yes it would be really cool to see a mid-engined Vette.

Wow , the replies on CArAndDriver and light years ahead of the average calotte à l'envers from MR
-
Before I even read this article, please don't say that any corvette is essentially any ferrari, at any price, regardless of the performance. That's like saying a big mac is essentially a porterhouse. C&D - please stop insulting your reader's intelligence.
-
But yes, this will be fast as balls,

would make a nice Future Catalog from Cover 2018 ZR1 Vs GTR NISMO

-
Before I even read this article, please don't say that any corvette is essentially any ferrari, at any price, regardless of the performance.

I thought of this for a min. Why not? The corvette has a proper motorsports history now. Ferrari also has a history in road racing. And before you say "oh but ferrari is part of F1 history!" Yea but that means fuck all considering an F1 car and a normal ferrari have little in common besides a dual clutch.

We have the habit of putting Ferrari on a pedestal. But why? Its a sports car manufacturer just like any other. Enzo Ferrari is dead and so is the old tradition of assembling cars by hand. When you think of it Ferrari is notoriously for being unreliable and expensive to maintain. If the new Corvette can keep up on the track for a fraction of the cost with good reliability is that not amazing in its own way?

We always try to be smug and act "oh but American muscle will never beat italian supercars!" But who among us actually owns a ferrari? The corvette is something we can strive to own. A car for the working class. A hero of the proletariat, a rebel fighting Italian aristocracy. I think its safe to say that if the new corvette spanks a ferrari on the track. Then it is a super car.

I thought of this for a min. Why not? The corvette has a proper motorsports history now. Ferrari also has a history in road racing. And before you say "oh but ferrari is part of F1 history!" Yea but that means fuck all considering an F1 car and a normal ferrari have little in common besides a dual clutch.

We have the habit of putting Ferrari on a pedestal. But why? Its a sports car manufacturer just like any other. Enzo Ferrari is dead and so is the old tradition of assembling cars by hand. When you think of it Ferrari is notoriously for being unreliable and expensive to maintain. If the new Corvette can keep up on the track for a fraction of the cost with good reliability is that not amazing in its own way?

We always try to be smug and act "oh but American muscle will never beat italian supercars!" But who among us actually owns a ferrari? The corvette is something we can strive to own. A car for the working class. A hero of the proletariat, a rebel fighting Italian aristocracy. I think its safe to say that if the new corvette spanks a ferrari on the track. Then it is a super car.

Think again, and this time try thinking about the overall quality of a Ferrari vs a corvette...

Not just a matter of "history" lol...

Think again, and this time try thinking about the overall quality of a Ferrari vs a corvette...

Not just a matter of "history" lol...

Yea, one is known for having one of the most reliable performance engines of all time (LS) and one of known for catching on fire.

Yea, one is known for having one of the most reliable performance engines of all time (LS) and one of known for catching on fire.

Oh well, I guess the fact that the corvette has a reliable engine puts it right next to a Ferrari.

Same V12 engineering, same interior/exterior quality, same chassis quality, same materials, cool story bro.

But yeah it has a powerfull and reliable engine.

cool story bro

2018 ZR1 compared to an F12 TDF...yeah right , at most they can compare performance Wise , but for the rest.....

La corvette est un succes pcq elle est le meilleur rapport qualité/prix, tu peux la battre comme elle peut t'ammener a Quebec en consommant 7-8l/100 sans compter la quantité de préparateur et de piece after market.

Changé la recette au grand complet serait un parit très risqué. A mon avis son mieux de conserver la Corvette dans sa forme actuel et p-e dévellopper un autre modele qui ferait office de ''supercar''.

Changé la recette au grand complet serait un parit très risqué. A mon avis son mieux de conserver la Corvette dans sa forme actuel et p-e dévellopper un autre modele qui ferait office de ''supercar''.

Je comprends tellement pas l'obsession du monde pour une Corvette MR...

Je préfèrerais que GM reprenne le nom de Fiero plutôt que Corvette s'ils tiennent à faire un mid-engine.
Une Corvette c'est FWD qu'ils se rentre ça dans tête batinse! Ils n'ont pas le droit de détruire une icône de l'automobile

Back