A garage to do Toyota a 2003 4Runner 4L 225kms exhaust manifold repair?

BUGSEY

Mechanic #1 told me keep the 2 oem manifolds w/cats on and just do the gaskets.
#2 said whole assembly needs to be changed ($800 parts) + labour $?.
Would hope to get a flat rate for labour.
Is it crazy to spend around 1200-1400 on this?
The exhaust noise is mildly noticable.
Would you guys recommend someone experienced with good rep? Thanks!

Mechanic # 1 m'a dit garder les 2 collecteurs oem w / chats et juste faire les joints.
# 2 ledit ensemble entier doit être changé (800 $) + pièces travail $ ?.
Je l'espoir d'obtenir un taux fixe pour la main-d'œuvre.
Est-il fou de dépenser environ 1200-1400 à ce sujet?
Le bruit d'échappement est légèrement perceptible.
Voulez-vous les gars recommander quelqu'un d'expérimenté avec une bonne rep? Merci!

Last edited:
http://www.mrtoy4x4.com/

Go see this guy. When I had my 4runner he helped me a lot. He started as an enthusiast of 4runners then started working on other 4runners and before he knew he had a garage specializing in 4runners.
He used to be in St-Michel on the south shore, then moved to the island of Montreal, I just checked and now he`s in St-Jerome.

google translator power!!!lol

when you do an exhaust job you have to think at worst case scenario.. it can cost 600$ or 1500$ you never know how bad its gonna be

I now have the 2 manifold/catalytic assemblies from Amazon for $800 taxes included.
Update, Kiko doesn't do exhaust manifolds, neither does Quality.
The garage Kiko referred me quoted $500 labour for both sides but has "mechanics" that look like from the Gangs of LA.
Pat garage on Jean-Talon E. told me if bolt/studs break and there is no room to drill
he'll need to take the head off then ship the head off for resurfacing or something before putting it back on.
Previous visit he charged me 260$ parts for a $125 retail Timken plus 3hrs labour.
The garage Quality reccommended estimated labour of $200 "if there is no rust???? no broken bolts"
He changes all the bolts as they are prob rusted & stressed.
Said the 4 on each side have springs on them, bolt onto the engine and cost $20 each.
Is there a garage that doesn't charge double and triple for parts?

Last edited:
yes, DIY and you will not get overcharged... But you'll have to deal with whatever shit happens

Back