Ferrari owner sues Ferrari because Ferrari won't sell him the Ferrari he wants

MontrealM3

Legacy Member
Denial harmed his 'reputation in the universe of Ferrari aficionados,' which must be an interesting universe indeed

By the time we hear about the latest limited-production supercar, it is, as often as not, already sold out. A little disappointing, sure, but what are you going to do? Sue the company?

Yes, absolutely, you go right ahead and attempt to sue, at least if you’re Florida flea market emperor/noted Ferrari collector/onetime race driver Preston Henn.

Over the weekend, a Verified Complaint for Damages filed in the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Fort Lauderdale Division, appeared in our inbox. The document, which we’ve attached below, is a mini-drama in 20 parts; it outlines Henn’s history with the Ferrari brand stretching back to the Luigi Chinetti days and highlights his extensive Ferrari collection -- including the 275 GTB/C 6885 Speciale, which some (including, we’ll note, Mr. Henn) speculate may be the most valuable car in the world.

It details Henn’s desperate attempts to secure a LaFerrari Spider -- including a $1,000,000 deposit check mailed directly to Sergio Marchionne, an interesting tactic to be sure -- and Ferrari’s “demeaning” rejection.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-new...se-he-cant-buy-laferrari-spider#ixzz4Hskhj2cN

LaFerrari_serie_limitata_3_0.jpg

Its the guy from the swap shop on sunrise Blvd in Florida, he has so many cars its not even funny

it look like a very nice car, i understand the wner if he wants one.. but jus tbe a bit patient.. one will pop for sale on dupont for sure..

it look like a very nice car, i understand the wner if he wants one.. but jus tbe a bit patient.. one will pop for sale on dupont for sure..

because it have been already owned by someone and could potentially affect the re sale value

"Used" / "second hand" LaFerrari go for roughly $4.5M on the market - three times the price of what you pay when you buy it from Ferrari, or should I say when they agree to sell it to you. Based on his status, it's obvious he wants a new one.

because it have been already owned by someone and could potentially affect the re sale value

See previous comment. The LaFerrari Aperta will probably go for $4M a year from now - the owners have to agree to keeping them for a minimum of a year before reselling them.

That's not the point, this is all about his inflated ego. I hope he never gets his hands on one and it eats him up inside.

dawson-crying.jpg

The dude owns an F40, F50, Enzo, FXX, MC-12 and a LaFerrari, wrote a check of 1,000,000$ up-front and he is not qualified???

What the heck is this? Maybe the guy is 85 years old so he is not as "cool" as Gordon Ramsey, but WTF is wrong with you Ferrari? Just on the customer service stand point, it's not ok! This is one of your top customers, you don't say no to him when he want to buy a new car!!!

While is list of Ferrari's is nice it is not as impressive as Lawrence Stroll (now there is some serious machinery, including the much coveted 250 GTO).

Surely Stroll is on the list to get La Ferrari Spider.

While is list of Ferrari's is nice it is not as impressive as Lawrence Stroll (now there is some serious machinery, including the much coveted 250 GTO).

Surely Stroll is on the list to get La Ferrari Spider.

Maybe not...Isn't he eyeing a piece of Willams F1 or something?

Back