25 years ago this week, Michael Schumacher made his debut at Spa with Jordan.

Big pat tu as pas mal d'experience sur piste.. Quand tu regardes ce video de jerez 97 tu vois schumacher utiliser la voiture comme belier!?

Je sais que c'est probablement la plus grosse tache sur la carriere de schumi.. Pourtant moi je regardes ce video.. et je vois schumacher controler le pace (villeneuve etait plus vite.. Mais assez pour passer a ce virage?).. Et villeneuve qui dive inextremis..

Si schumi aurait ralenti et laisser villeneuve passer droit.. Peut etre que toute l'histoire serait a recrire.. Mais bon.. C'est juste des suppositions.

A mon avis, c'est clair que villeneuve a utiliser schumacher comme un railing a monaco lol

Big pat tu as pas mal d'experience sur piste.. Quand tu regardes ce video de jerez 97 tu vois schumacher utiliser la voiture comme belier!?

Je sais que c'est probablement la plus grosse tache sur la carriere de schumi.. Pourtant moi je regardes ce video.. et je vois schumacher controler le pace (villeneuve etait plus vite.. Mais assez pour passer a ce virage?).. Et villeneuve qui dive inextremis..

Si schumi aurait ralenti et laisser villeneuve passer droit.. Peut etre que toute l'histoire serait a recrire.. Mais bon.. C'est juste des suppositions.

A mon avis, c'est clair que villeneuve a utiliser schumacher comme un railing a monaco lol

Je le vois pas comme ça... Refresher.

Regarde le slow mo à 1:55. C'est clairement Schumacher qui tourne vers Villeneuve. Et selon les règles de conduites du temps, quand tu te portes à la plus de la moitié de la voiture que tu dépasses, le virage t'appartient.

Et Schumacher, avec son situational awareness, savait crissement où était Villeneuve...

https://youtu.be/jJJZBgNK7FA

You have obviously never seen Gilles Villeneuve in the wet...

I wasnt born, however that race he finished with the front wing ripped off is epic.

Also in reference to Villeneuve I think Eddie Jordan is a moron for this comment:

He was a hooligan who would never have won a championship. He drove like an idiot."

Meanwhile he was revered by Enzo as one of the best drivers.

I don't feel that battle would have ever happened with Senna had he lived. Hill just seemed much better suited to the Williams

You are joking? Hill was better suited to the Williams because he was minimum 1-1.5 seconds a lap slower than Senna. That Williams was a complete dog until Mansell came in and sorted it outed since it was basically an evolution of the FW14 passive car he had tons of experience on. Senna was driving the wheels off that car to stay ahead of Schumacher. Without doubt Senna would have worked out the kinks and would have beaten Schumacher. You are also forgetting the Bennetton B194 was also an illegal car running the banned traction control from 1993.

You have obviously never seen Gilles Villeneuve in the wet...

I wasnt born, however that race he finished with the front wing ripped off is epic.

Also in reference to Villeneuve I think Eddie Jordan is a moron for this comment:

He was a hooligan who would never have won a championship. He drove like an idiot."

Meanwhile he was revered by Enzo as one of the best drivers.

Eddie Jordan wasn't too far off, the hooligan part is British humor to make a point. Gilles had massive talent but uncontrolled, not helpful for winning championships. Enzo revered him because he was prepared to die for a result driving for him and he knew it.

As for the 'epic' race where he lost his front wing, it was impressive but the cars of that era had so much downforce from ground effects that front wings weren't really used for downforce. The Brabham/Lotus of that era ran without front wings and hardly any rear wings for that matter. Other than Schumcher no one was better in the wet than Senna.

Back