How to lose the last 15-20 pounds when you're ALWAYS hungry?

Xc0m

Legacy Member
I lost about 70 pounds since late 2014. I need to lose about 15-20 more to be at the right weight for my body.

Every day, I do:

I do 50km of stationary biking (moderate) which is ~1200 calories
I also do 15-20 km of walking, which is ~1000 calories

The problem is since I hit 210 pounds, i'm constantly hungry. I can't go 2 hours without eating, and my meals are regularly 1000+ calories, and i never feel full. I'm basically burning 200-300 calories a day, even though i'm exercising a lot.

So the weight loss has come to a near stand still.

How can i fix this? No matter what I eat, i'm hungry. Pizza, sandwich, burgers, salads, dairy, etc. I'd love to eat only 2000 calories a day like normal people, but the hunger is constantly there.

Water is a really good way to temporarily suppress hunger. I suggest drinking a lot before sleep and going to bed with an empty stomach. the longest fast you do everyday is when you sleep. hence the word breakfast. break - fast.

after reading your post again. Since you've already lost a lot of fat.

Perhaps you should start building muscle.

Go to the gym 3-4 times a week and workout 50min to 1 hour. This will let you eat as much as you want* as you'll be building muscle not storing fat.

*Healthy foods, primarily veggies and lean meat

Water is a really good way to temporarily suppress hunger. I suggest drinking a lot before sleep and going to bed with an empty stomach. the longest fast you do everyday is when you sleep. hence the word breakfast. break - fast.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I drink a lot of water already, but usually stopped a few hours before bed. Always have cravings before sleeping

tu t'entraines 6h par jours?

Oui, j'ai en masse de temps. Je travail 2 heures, je prends une marche d'une heure, je travail une heure, je fais du bicycle pour une heure, etc. Je controle quand je travail.

after reading your post again. Since you've already lost a lot of fat.

Perhaps you should start building muscle.

Go to the gym 3-4 times a week and workout 50min to 1 hour. This will let you eat as much as you want* as you'll be building muscle not storing fat.

*Healthy foods, primarily veggies and lean meat

I'm not sure about this. It would allow me to continue eating the calories and having to work out less, but in the end, if i skip just a few days, it's going to get stored as fat again. I need to find a way to curb hunger permanently.

I've been reading up on how fat cells react when you lose weight. Fat cells don't die. When they get emptied out, they release a hormone or something that makes you crave food. I wonder if because i was so big, there's just so many fat cells sending those signals.

Eat as much as you want but you gotta eat clean ! Less meat, more chicken and fish. Cut the sugar and the fat as most as possible. Replace any of your drink by water.

I''ve been eating a mediterranean ''diet'' for a while and i went from 194 to 184 without even moving from my couch. I still eat junk food once in a while but when i do i feel bad, almost physically bad lol.

It's really hard at first because you will crave the taste of fat and sugar and all the other shits but if you're mentally strong enough it will be easy.

Oh and try to slowly reduce your portions, the hunger will slowly go away.

C'est normal d'avoir faim quand t'es en déficit calorique pour maigrir, faut juste apprendre à l'endurer.

Eat as much as you want but you gotta eat clean ! Less meat, more chicken and fish. Cut the sugar and the fat as most as possible. Replace any of your drink by water.

I''ve been eating a mediterranean ''diet'' for a while and i went from 194 to 184 without even moving from my couch. I still eat junk food once in a while but when i do i feel bad, almost physically bad lol.

It's really hard at first because you will crave the taste of fat and sugar and all the other shits but if you're mentally strong enough it will be easy.

Oh and try to slowly reduce your portions, the hunger will slowly go away.

Sugar must be cut, but not the good fat, fat is really good for us.

Sugar must be cut, but not the good fat, fat is really good for us.

Oui ca je suis d'accord mais quand je disais fat je pensais plus aux trans fat qu'on retrouve dans les pizza ou autres mets congelés. Mais meme les ''bons'' gras en quantité exagéré deviennent nocif. Idem pour le sucre. Celui qu'on retrouve dans les fruits nous suffit amplement et le corps n'a pas besoin des sucres raffinés.

Le chanvre, le chia et le quinoa sont des aliments a ajouté dans sa routine. Des oméga 3 et 6 ( bon gras ), plein de protéine, fibre et plein d'autres trucs. Bref revenir a la base et couper le plus possible les aliments transformés est idéal.

I also lost 65 lb since September 2015

Running 30 minutes a day helped me lost the first 30 lb but after 2 month of being at 240 i started the gym and a lost another 35 lb since April 2016 now i'm at 205-208lb since june can't lose anymore pounds.

Since I started this I stopped eating bread juices potatoes rice chips all the bad food packed with carbs.

2 weeks ago a made a bet with friends who would lose the most weight in 4 weeks ends September 15 2016, now i have started to lose pound again this morning 203 pounds my goal is 195lb September 15.

What you should eat

Oatmeal ( breakfast)

Chicken breast
Fish. ( dinner + greens )
Meat

Salad ( supper )

Plus all the water you want drink

do that for a month

Post results after

I

Oui ca je suis d'accord mais quand je disais fat je pensais plus aux trans fat qu'on retrouve dans les pizza ou autres mets congelés. Mais meme les ''bons'' gras en quantité exagéré deviennent nocif. Idem pour le sucre. Celui qu'on retrouve dans les fruits nous suffit amplement et le corps n'a pas besoin des sucres raffinés.

Le chanvre, le chia et le quinoa sont des aliments a ajouté dans sa routine. Des oméga 3 et 6 ( bon gras ), plein de protéine, fibre et plein d'autres trucs. Bref revenir a la base et couper le plus possible les aliments transformés est idéal.

Le gars pèse 210, il fait pour 2000cal de workout par jour. Disons que son basal est à 2000 et qu'il mange 3000cal, ce qui le met en déficit de 1000 cal pareil... Mais reste qu'il mange 3000 cal.

Tu découpes ça comment si tu coupes sucre et gras? À 2.5g de prot par kg de poids (pas mal le max...) ça lui donne un intake de 240g de protéines pour 2160cal ... Lui reste toujours ben un 1300-1400 calories de sucre + gras et à 4cal, ça fait qu'il lui reste un 350g à répartir.

1gX LBS de poid en proteines = 210G Proteine par jour(Oeufs,Poulet,saumon,thon,Steak,whey) Des sources completes dacide amines pas la marde de beans ou rice protein.

0.45gx LBS de poid en Fats = 95G Gras par jour(Les gras sont ESSENTIEL-Omega3, omega 6), Saumon, Fish oil,Flaxseed oil, Noix de grenobles, amandes,Avocats, Huile olive.

Le reste en carbodhydrates.

1.La pluspart du monde ont des Cravings(Hungry) a cause qui mange pas assez de gras Essentiel.

2.Le but cest pas de juste manger des proteines sans gras(poulet,thon,whey, blanc oeufs). Mais dincorporer des gras Essentiel dans la Diete A TOUT LES JOURS. 95G Minimun de gras/jour pour ton poids.

Je comprends pas trop ce que tu essaies de m'expliquer ? Que parcequ'il brule beaucoup de calorie c'est bon pour lui de manger de la scrap ? produits laitier,noix, poisson, poulet sont tous des aliments qui contiennent du gras la viande aussi. Ton sucre tu vas le chercher dans les fruits, verre de jus d'orange.

Tu peux bien manger pour 4000 calories si tu veux mais alimente toi avec les bonnes choses. Si tu t'alimente comme il faut je crois pas que tu aies besoin de bruler autant de calories dans une journée pour perdre du gras.

I also lost 65 lb since September 2015

Running 30 minutes a day helped me lost the first 30 lb but after 2 month of being at 240 i started the gym and a lost another 35 lb since April 2016 now i'm at 205-208lb since june can't lose anymore pounds.

Since I started this I stopped eating bread juices potatoes rice chips all the bad food packed with carbs.

2 weeks ago a made a bet with friends who would lose the most weight in 4 weeks ends September 15 2016, now i have started to lose pound again this morning 203 pounds my goal is 195lb September 15.

What you should eat

Oatmeal ( breakfast)

Chicken breast
Fish. ( dinner + greens )
Meat

Salad ( supper )

Plus all the water you want drink

do that for a month

Post results after

I

Worst advice ever, dont listen to this.

1. You need a COMPLETE PROTEIN SOURCE AT EVERY MEAL(Eggwhites,Chicken,Salmon,Whey Isolate). Eating just oatmeal for breakfast is a Disaster!
2. You need HEALTHY FATS AT EVERY MEAL(Fish oil,Flaxseed oil,Olive oil, Walnuts, Almonds, Avocados)
3.You need Complex Carbs(Oatmeal, Brown rice,Potatoes, Veggies) and Eat like 1 Fruit per day for Breakfast.

Je comprends pas trop ce que tu essaies de m'expliquer ? Que parcequ'il brule beaucoup de calorie c'est bon pour lui de manger de la scrap ? produits laitier,noix, poisson, poulet sont tous des aliments qui contiennent du gras la viande aussi. Ton sucre tu vas le chercher dans les fruits, verre de jus d'orange.

Tu peux bien manger pour 4000 calories si tu veux mais alimente toi avec les bonnes choses. Si tu t'alimente comme il faut je crois pas que tu aies besoin de bruler autant de calories dans une journée pour perdre du gras.

Je veux dire que MAX MAX 250g en protéines par jour pour pas avoir de troubles ailleurs (organes...) et ça représente 2250 cal. Le reste, faut aller le chercher quelque part, mais tu lui dis de COUPER LE PLUS POSSIBLE LE SUCRE ET GRAS, or, c'est justement impossible. Reste qu'il faut qu'il en mange et je n'ai jamais dis de manger de scrap.

Si ça peut t'aider... Weight loss, c'est 2x ratio gras vs sucre, donc pas couper le gras... Pie chart de droite.

image.jpg

Ok alors j'ai peut-etre seulement mal expliquer. Je dis pas de couper tout ce qui contient du gras loin de la haha, je dis seulement de couper tout ce qui est transformé, bourré de sel, trans fat etc.

Tser genre que pour diner au lieu de te faire cuire une delissio tu te fais un saumon avec un side de légumes grillés avec de l'huile d'olive avec édamame ou tofu ou bien un riz avec du chanvre, chia ou whatever.

Ou ta petite collation d'après-midi tu prend des noix et un fruit au lieu d'un sac de chips. Aussi éviter de se prendre un snack avant d'aller se coucher car ton système fonctionne au ralentit et transforme tout en gras.

Mais bon j'ai aucune connaissance en diète de gym, je parle seulement en général.

Depuis 6 mois je mange tellement de scrap c'est l'enfer. J'ai jamais jamais autant manger de junk de ma vie et... j'ai perdu 15lbs, principalement du gras.

Je mange une fois par jour dans un window de 4h le soir. Je lève autant sinon plus sur mes lifts et la cerise sur le sundae, j'ai JAMAIS JAMAIS faim.
En plus de manger de le scrap, je suis encore plus productif vu que j'ai pas à me soucier des repas durant la journée.

Tout le monde me traite de fou :p

Tu manges une fois par jour et presque juste de la scrap ? lol ton corps va finir par lacher pi ca sera pas beau quand ca va arriver.

Back