iPhone 7

Personnally, i like having a choice of telephones so i can pick one that has the features i need. Some people like physical keyboards, some need to be able to swap a fresh battery or insert a memory card to increase storage space. Some people will want bigger or smaller screen sizes. I don't like the one size fits all approach of Apple.

Okay... and? Is there some sort of monopoly on why you can't select any other handset available? Apple is under no obligation to provide you with your specific needs. They're a consumer product company who's purpose is to make money. They do that really well.

I don't get the moaning and bitching of Apple. It's not like anyone is forced to buy their products. And they're not forced to cater to you. Market demands say they should provide X to consumer Y and they do that. Bitching about that seems to me as someone with too much time on their hands.

In the end, these are all companies that exist to make money. As long as their coffers keep being filled, they'll continue with what they're doing. Being a cheerleader of a company, or bitching about a company just for the sake of it is so asinine

You know how these debates play out in real life? I'll give you all an example :

Me : buys new iphone
Friend : is that the new iphone?
Me : ya
Friend : lol, why iphone trolololol
Me : because i like it
Friend : oh okay, so anyway whats up

And then the phone never comes into discussion again. that's real life. No one cares for more than a second

Using the port charge for headphones is kinda inconvenient but looks like they needed to do that so they can provide water resistance .

What?

Other phones are truly waterproof and they ALL have 3.5mm jacks.

And for the wireless charging you clearly never had one. You leave it on the dock when not in use and take it whenever to look at whatever. It's great at work. Of course if you want to watch Netflix 2h you're better with the cable but then you won't be able to use earphones because your new phone won't charge while.doing it...

Sur le Suburban à un de mes amis, l'appuie bras de la console centrale est équipée du chargement sans fil. Juste à laisser ton téléphone pour qu'il se charge automatiquement sans devoir penser à le brancher, c'est très bien pensé et pratique pour ceux qui ont la fonction de chargement sans fil. De plus en plus de voitures ont ces fonctions. Je me demande pourquoi Apple a passé à côté de cette feature la. J'te gage un petit deux que c'est pour garder du contenu en septembre 2017.

Fait cocasse, j'étais sur un club de tir ou il n'y a pratiquement aucun réseau et je voulais partager des photos par BT. J'ai jamais été capable de partager les photos sur les iPhones. Pourtant, sur les Android ça fonctionnait. why?

look guys, it really comes down to ecosysem lockdown and what you prefer

the majority of customers don't give a shit about specs. I can tell you that with 100% certainty. You have people buying core M computers to do every day tasks, whereas the nerds swear that i7 is the minimum you need to open MS Word. People get by just fine with whatever they choose

and apple has a sweet ecosystem. A lot of things are integrated in ios, macos. I'm platform independent for the most part, but i love the integration between my macbook pro and my iphone. All the apps I've bought on ios, i'm not going to buy somewhat inferior versions on Android. It's just the truth. Some developers manage feature and UI parity between ios and android, but most don't.

Not to mention, when something i have breaks, i walk into an apple store, and get it fully repaired right then and there (no waiting 3 weeks even though you have next day.. looking at you dell), or they give me a full on replacement.

Specs aren't even considered by 99% of the people, so it's pointless to try and convince one nerd that your specs are better than his specs, because in the end, you'll have millions of people who don't give a fuck about your opinion on specs :)

the fuck, si un nerd te dis sa... c'est pas un nerd.
Apple Store sa fonctionne juste pour 25% du monde. par exemple, le apple store le plus pres de moi est a 1000km.

Toutes les caméras sont bonnes et le nombre de pixel, on s'en fout un peu présentement, les photos sont beaucoup trop grosses pour tout le monde anyways. La spec qui est intéressante parcontre est la luminosité requise. Le S7 est à 1.7 et le iPhone à 1.8, même grosseur de capteur. Et donc le S7 laisse entrer plus de lumière. On va pas se battre la dessus, mais le fait est que quand tu sors ton flagship pour 1-2 ans à venir et que t'es déjà en retard sur la compétition de 1 an, ce n'est pas ce à quoi nous étions habitué de la pomme.

Tu as aussi les pixel qui rentre en compte. Par exemple, le Nexus 6p a 1.55um et le iPhone 6s en avait 1.12um (comparé au 1.50um du iPhone 6). grosso modo c'est la size du capteur divisé par le nombre de pixel.

En plus, je regarde toutes les specs... Et j'arrive même pas à comprendre... J'aurais compris si Apple avait dit... BAM, nous on ne dépasse pas 500$ pour un téléphone, pis voilà ce qu'on vous donne.

- Moins de screen-to-body ratio
- Moins de DPI (par beaucoup là...)
- Moins de batterie
- Moins de talktime
- Moins bonne camera
- Moitié de processeurs logiques (ok, leur single core benchmark est supérieur, je l'accorde.)
- WOW, IP 67 certified... Le S7 EDGE est IP68 for motherfucking god... Comment tu peux te petter les bretelles d'une innovation majeure????????????? Les deux 30 minutes, 1m pour la pomme et 1.5m pour le S7... Je sais, c'est pas une grosse diff, mais pourquoi tout à coup faire tout un plat du IP67???

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...e-7-Plus,Apple-iPhone-7/phones/9818,9816,9815

Sony have had waterproof phones since the Z2 which was already IP68. All their subsequent phones INCLUDING the Xperia tablets are IP68.

Toutes les caméras sont bonnes et le nombre de pixel, on s'en fout un peu présentement, les photos sont beaucoup trop grosses pour tout le monde anyways. La spec qui est intéressante parcontre est la luminosité requise. Le S7 est à 1.7 et le iPhone à 1.8, même grosseur de capteur. Et donc le S7 laisse entrer plus de lumière. On va pas se battre la dessus, mais le fait est que quand tu sors ton flagship pour 1-2 ans à venir et que t'es déjà en retard sur la compétition de 1 an, ce n'est pas ce à quoi nous étions habitué de la pomme.

Xperia range have incredible low light sensitivity and ISO. I don't remember the last time I used a flash to take a picture with my Z3 and honestly the photos are better, no red-eye, no skin glare and amazingly low noise from low light conditions.

Use an ipad charger. It's faster.

It's not so much expecting revolutionary stuff, but wishing they could at least keep up with their competitors.

Sub (Full) HD display on the the 7 is pure horseshit. They could just as easily offer a 1080p panel. This is all about nickels and dimes.

My Galaxy S7 has both a headphone jack and water resistance. Come to think of it, it also has a physical home button. (A few sony phones from the recent past also featured water resistance)

So no, getting rid of the headphone jack for that sole purpose wasn't needed.

Quite a few GM products feature wireless charging in the upper trim models. Looks convenient to me.

But fine, let's all trash talk wireless charging untill Apple "invents it" next year and comes up with flashy marketing term for it.

And that's coming from the owner of both an iPhone 6S and Galaxy S7. I'd say I'm pretty objective all things considered.

Sony Xperia Z3 from 2013 has IP68 and still looks great. I wanted to update in October and get a Note 7 but not for 500$. I'll probably update to the Xperia X Performance for 50$ instead.

Yeah, that's the one company I'm a fanboy of: Sony. Sorry. Sadly they're far far away in the smartphone arena, and not very popular in North America.

ft9sJ6o.jpg

QB9Mjtu.jpg

tRZmCcz.gif

9hS9Sq3.jpg

vt9KZWi.jpg

q5f6rwg.jpg

Attachments

• vt9KZWi.jpg
    vt9KZWi.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Lol, so fucking genuis!!!! Let's make the phone smaller, so you have to carry an extra adaptor with you!

An overpriced burden of a solution to an artificial problem.

The single USB-C port is also the reason I returned the macbook I had purchased.
You'd figure they got enough shit over that clusterfuck to reconsider the single port approach to their devices.

And so SD slot.

And so SD slot.

How stupid is this!!!! Oh wait, there's a lightning adaptor.................................................................

What?

Other phones are truly waterproof and they ALL have 3.5mm jacks.

And for the wireless charging you clearly never had one. You leave it on the dock when not in use and take it whenever to look at whatever. It's great at work. Of course if you want to watch Netflix 2h you're better with the cable but then you won't be able to use earphones because your new phone won't charge while.doing it...

i was not implying that you need to remove the 3.5 jacks to have water resist . Was just saying it was one of the reasons apple did it .

Explain to me what's so great about having to leave your phone on a dock to charge it . While you need to stop charging your phone to quickly check ur mail or txt msg , i can do all that while still be charging cause i'm wired .

Now tho some people , mostly students or people who listen to their iphone while working will have issues since the 3.5 jack is gone. Apple sales team would tell you but we have a solution for that , our amazing airpods that cost 160$ . That's a dick move from apple and clearly just a $$ bonus for them with this whole lighting port crap.

One thing tho , those airpods look sooooooooooooo nice and are truly wireless. I feel like buying some cause of how slick it looks . Was looking online and most Bluetooth earphones have some kind of wire sticking out of it . Headphones seem to be the only ones with zero wires .

i was not implying that you need to remove the 3.5 jacks to have water resist . Was just saying it was one of the reasons apple did it .

Explain to me what's so great about having to leave your phone on a dock to charge it . While you need to stop charging your phone to quickly check ur mail or txt msg , i can do all that while still be charging cause i'm wired .

Now tho some people , mostly students or people who listen to their iphone while working will have issues since the 3.5 jack is gone. Apple sales team would tell you but we have a solution for that , our amazing airpods that cost 160$ . That's a dick move from apple and clearly just a $$ bonus for them with this whole lighting port crap.

One thing tho , those airpods look sooooooooooooo nice and are truly wireless. I feel like buying some cause of how slick it looks . Was looking online and most Bluetooth earphones have some kind of wire sticking out of it . Headphones seem to be the only ones with zero wires .

There isnt one move that ive seen from apple that hasnt beed a dick move, displayport, 1 usb port on 1500$ laptop etc.

There isnt one move that ive seen from apple that hasnt beed a dick move, displayport, 1 usb port on 1500$ laptop etc.

Apple's best products are the iPad and the Mac Mini for 600$. Basic Mac, basic tablet.

I'm forced to support Apple products (only a few including MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini and iPad Air 2s and iPhone 5 & 6) for work and they work fine until they don't.

Then it's painful.

Right now all my users are getting nagged with the update that asks them to enter their unlock pin to update their iPads in the night which kills any alarm they had set for the morning.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Apple's best products are the iPad and the Mac Mini for 600$. Basic Mac, basic tablet.

I'm forced to support Apple products (only a few including MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini and iPad Air 2s and iPhone 5 & 6) for work and they work fine until they don't.

Then it's painful.

Right now all my users are getting nagged with the update that asks them to enter their unlock pin to update their iPads in the night which kills any alarm they had set for the morning.

Stupid stupid stupid.

You have an imac, your drive dies, you have to unglue the screen to change it wtf! 1500$ for a computer and you cant change\upgrade ur drive without risking breaking your screen, i mean at that price they couldnt put 4 screws and a door?. Memory welded in so u cant upgrade that either. Never understood their decisions

Back