SAAQ inspection for car where title of ownership has been removed?

JROC

So about two weeks ago I saw a car for sale on kijiji in my area. The owner was putting it up for sale because there was a lingering mechanical issue that she was fed up of dealing with. I was going to get in touch with the owner to set a time to go and check it out, but this was right before I was set to go on vaca for about a week and a half. I left a message with the the seller but it was only when i got back that I received her reply on my phone. Unfortunately by that time she had already given up trying to sell the car as its been posted online for about 2 months before I contacted her, and informed me that she de-registered the car with the SAAQ and listed it as scrapped. Anyway I went and saw the car and I am familiar with the brand and model and knew exactly whats wrong with it and its totally repairable and in great condition. Can someone confirm as i'm not 100% positive on the rules of the SAAQ, after removing the title ownership of a vehicle, but if I were to buy it and want to place it back on the road it would have to get an inspection...correct? regardless if its been like 2 days?...

Le véhicule est encore à son nom mais avec un status de 'mise au rancart', tant que le véhicule est pas transféré au nom d'un autre particulier le nom du propriétaire change pas. Autrement dis oui il va avoir besoin d'une inspection à cause de la mise au rancart mais si tu penses qu'il la passerait quand même je vois pas l'inconvénient d'y acheter quand même.

Pour acheter LÉGALEMENT un véhicule mis au rancart ça prends une licence de commerçant / recycleur.

just curious what kind of car?

also, you can pick it up for scrap value now, rebuild on your time, then have it inspected when you wish.

also, did she "scrap" the car for real, or just didnt pay the registration?

just curious what kind of car?

also, you can pick it up for scrap value now, rebuild on your time, then have it inspected when you wish.

also, did she "scrap" the car for real, or just didnt pay the registration?

She didn't renew the registration, and listed it as scrap, but the car is still sitting at her place. Its a SAAB 9-5 that needs a turbo rebuild. I wanted it as a cheap backup car to my daily driver, not really worth the time and money to put in storage and start fixing it IMHO

Back