Wrap VS 3m Clear VS Plasti-Dip

Lt_Crazy

OK so winters coming.....I won't have a beater this year so whats better...

I've heard good things about 3m clear film but FUCKKKKK its pricy! For a couple of hundred bucks more I could get the whole car wrapped.....or I could just plsti-dip the front end of the car and remove it come summer....??

opinions....

OH BTW if someone mentions Ali and/or extreme dip....who am i kidding....

here goes nothing!!

You can buy a beater with the money it'll cost you to wrap it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

you want to protect your car against physical damage or against rust and salt ? If it's only for stone chips i'd put 3M on the hood+bumper, bottom coners of front doors and corner on the rear door/wheel arch.

If you want protection against rust i'd go for rustproofing and carwash every week or so.

Ppf is pricey but it's because the film is $$$ and a good installation is time consuming. It all depends on your budget, what kind of installation you are looking for and film. Most people who are in a budget get a partial hood, partial fenders, headlights and side mirrors. You can add a front bumper, full hood, side rockers, etc.

Ppf should stop 90% of possible rock chips

Ppf is pricey but it's because the film is $$$ and a good installation is time consuming. It all depends on your budget, what kind of installation you are looking for and film. Most people who are in a budget get a partial hood, partial fenders, headlights and side mirrors. You can add a front bumper, full hood, side rockers, etc.

Ppf should stop 90% of possible rock chips

Is there a reason why a plastic film is so pricy.....how thick is it...

but yeah looking to do full hood, fenders, front bumper, mirrors, rocker panels, around the rear tire, headlights and fogs lool im just gonna wrap the car in a bubble loool

you want to protect your car against physical damage or against rust and salt ? If it's only for stone chips i'd put 3M on the hood+bumper, bottom coners of front doors and corner on the rear door/wheel arch.

If you want protection against rust i'd go for rustproofing and carwash every week or so.

I wanna protect it from everything! LOL but the rustproofing, i've got that down....its the rockchips and shit i was worried about!

coverking_car_bra.jpg

Call me old fashioned but I've had many cars with bras in the past, my Saturn, the Taurus and it only improved the Tiburon by hiding those horribly busy front splitters.

Do it!

DO IT!

shia-labeouf.png

C est de la caaaalisse de marde a installer mais jai toffé 2 ans sur la meme pellicule. Pas beau durant deux ans mais 2 ans de dommages de sauvé. Pour 50$ je peux pas trop me plaindre.

Jai meme subis les attaques d'un mangeux de marde a velo (roue qu frotte sur deux portes) sur mes portes, pas une crisse de marque loool.

Comment t'enleves ca?

Is there a reason why a plastic film is so pricy.....how thick is it...

but yeah looking to do full hood, fenders, front bumper, mirrors, rocker panels, around the rear tire, headlights and fogs lool im just gonna wrap the car in a bubble loool

Xpel ultimate and Suntek are around 8mins thick. They are both self healing.

What kind of car do you have? Kms ?

You are looking at around $1500-2000 depending on the installation you are looking for.

Enjoy your car as it is and get it sprayed where it is worn out in a couple of years... Front bumper repray is only around 500$... If you want to reduce wear put ceramic coating that will help to avoid light swirls from winter washes.

Xpel ultimate and Suntek are around 8mins thick. They are both self healing.

What kind of car do you have? Kms ?

You are looking at around $1500-2000 depending on the installation you are looking for.

its a 2016 Charger with 3k km

Enjoy your car as it is and get it sprayed where it is worn out in a couple of years... Front bumper repray is only around 500$... If you want to reduce wear put ceramic coating that will help to avoid light swirls from winter washes.

it might be the smartest solution.....

A ceramic coating will not protect your car again rock chips and swirls. The smartest thing to do is to get ppf.

Let's assume you want to get a respray in the future that will match with the rest of the car in terms of color and orange peel. ( let's forget about resale value going down because not OEM paint)

Whole front end, side mirrors and rocker will cost around 2-4k and a respray will always chip faster

If you really want the best possible solution, PPF and ceramic coating. Opticoat Pro+ has a 7 year warranty which is crazy. You'll never have to wax the car again.

Back