Looking for a motor for an ap2 s2000

Still looking

Acura Honda Dismantling USA-CA(Rancho-Cordova)1-916-859-0023 / 1-877-859-0023 (it's far)
Giant Auto Salvage USA-NJ(Newark) 973-465-9383 / 973-344-0274 (New Jersey)

I don't understand and it does blow my mind but... Why not have the plug holes filled, re-drilled and retreated... Since the head will be on a machinists bench might as well pump up the valves etc etc.

I've had this issue on a 8v turbo volvo bloc(all plug holes were stripped, plugs would shoot out when i'd hit boost lol), popped the head off brought it to an old man who was amazing with aluminum and then to machine shop with a spare head so that he could nail the angle perfectly. I spent maybe 650-700$ total in 2005 for this work.
(just went through my contacts, both old man aluminum is out of the game and machinist as well).

GL

Its the block thats the worst part. The head is repairable, the cylinder walls are not.

Actually it is, have you considered going in the direction of sleeving the bloc? It's not all a lost cause if you can rebuild the head. Redo the base and sleeve it alone!
http://realstreetperformance.com/Pr...eeves-Honda-S2000-F20C-F22C-87mm-89m-Max.html

Honestly, between scavenging a motor that came from buttf*ck who knows where and just dealing with what you have IMO deal with what you have. Rebuilt motor, all matching numbers, barely affecting the car's value.

Food for thought.

PS: you do all your work? What shop do you deal with?

Actually it is, have you considered going in the direction of sleeving the bloc? It's not all a lost cause if you can rebuild the head. Redo the base and sleeve it alone!
http://realstreetperformance.com/Pr...eeves-Honda-S2000-F20C-F22C-87mm-89m-Max.html

Honestly, between scavenging a motor that came from buttf*ck who knows where and just dealing with what you have IMO deal with what you have. Rebuilt motor, all matching numbers, barely affecting the car's value.

Food for thought.

PS: you do all your work? What shop do you deal with?

Yes I do all my work, I can have a shop repair the current motor but it won't be cheap. Honda motors are usually pretty good. I plan on buying a complete running car wreck and then doing a complete part out minus the parts I need.

Back