Achat 4Runner VS Pathfinder

Grand Cherokee is the closest thing it's got to a competitor.

I was fortunate enough to spend a week with 17' GC Trailhawk and man, that thing was sweet!
Cooled/heated seats/ air suspension that raises the truck / low range and LSD rear end. It's got up to 10.8" of ground clearance and decent approach/departure angles along with all terrain tires.

I'd say it's likely to reach areas most (non trail, non TRD Pro) 4runners won't and it doesn't compromise on creature comforts. The Alcantara/leather seats were a treat. It also had a power liftgate and a modern, seemless 8 speed transmission.

I've owned a 5th gen 4runner. If I was in the market again, I'd give the jeep a good hard look. I've gotten to the point where the on road confort trumps sheer off road prowess on my list of priorities. It makes the toyota feel dated.

The new 2017 is an awesome looking truck. Where I see a problem is the resale value of Chrysler's vehicule and the random reliability... but I know these trucks are a must see

always been the case, but reliable as fuck. and thats good for all model.

I was fortunate enough to spend a week with 17' GC Trailhawk and man, that thing was sweet!
Cooled/heated seats/ air suspension that raises the truck / low range and LSD rear end. It's got up to 10.8" of ground clearance and decent approach/departure angles along with all terrain tires.

I'd say it's likely to reach areas most (non trail, non TRD Pro) 4runners won't and it doesn't compromise on creature comforts. The Alcantara/leather seats were a treat. It also had a power liftgate and a modern, seemless 8 speed transmission.

I've owned a 5th gen 4runner. If I was in the market again, I'd give the jeep a good hard look. I've gotten to the point where the on road confort trumps sheer off road prowess on my list of priorities. It makes the toyota feel dated.

The new 2017 is an awesome looking truck. Where I see a problem is the resale value of Chrysler's vehicule and the random reliability... but I know these trucks are a must see

I just went through this last winter, ended up with a 2017 JGC Altitude. I don't off road, and the on road abilities, creature comfort and equipment of the 4Runner are just not even comparable to the Jeep. Toyota's retarded with their residuals (they're a good 5-10k under actual market value) and their interest rates are not great, so a $44k 4runner cost as much to lease as my $52k altitude. It's a lease though, and I'll concede that I would pick the 4runner over any other SUV if I bought instead of leased.

Put it this way, if we had a zombie apocalypse tomorrow, I would grab my wife, daughter, water, food, my shotgun w/ all my ammo, would throw everything in the jeep and immediately proceed to drive to the nearest Toyota dealership to steal a 4Runner.

For a leased daily driven family hauler, I'm quite happy with my GC. :)

604c7729a573a41c186558effe93a69c.jpg

b03118d0fed7b836d5fe0e84fd597337.jpg

78b7a11328e3b8db056c8cf5602427c4.jpg

d083ef7c97d3468802e971e8ec450446.jpg

If anyone is looking for a Jeep GC Trailhawk, there's also a well optioned Limited with luxury and offroad 2 packages. It does 100% the same on and offroad, has all the features. The only difference is no decals, red tow hooks, and the SRT alcantara seats, basically looks more subtle.
I have the Limited, I do close to 10k km/ month. It takes anything like a champ. Offroad, snowstorm, traffic, towed some trailers. No complaints at all. The best ever average I did between Montreal and Detroit (900km) is 9.1L/100km

first off the Limited has heated and ventilated seats in the front (go figure... unreliable now to your standards) ..... also has 15 speakers/JBL... but the head unit looks like its 15 years old....

like i said before, asking for Xenon, a better head unit and a damn electric tailgate isn't the end of the world and hardly going to affect the reliability of the truck.... its not like the tailgate gets opened 50x a day for it to affect "reliability".... Xenons last longer than halogen (I get it for offroad purposes that Halogen's can be better but when you sell a damn truck with a "LIMITED" on the back it should have Xenons in my book)....

Again.... my problem isn't for the offroad trim.... but you can't just sit there and say the Limited 4runner even deserve to be in the lineup when it doesn't have basic things that a non-offroad luxury trim comes with

4Runners aren't for metrosexual men.

I just went through this last winter, ended up with a 2017 JGC Altitude. I don't off road, and the on road abilities, creature comfort and equipment of the 4Runner are just not even comparable to the Jeep. Toyota's retarded with their residuals (they're a good 5-10k under actual market value) and their interest rates are not great, so a $44k 4runner cost as much to lease as my $52k altitude. It's a lease though, and I'll concede that I would pick the 4runner over any other SUV if I bought instead of leased.

Put it this way, if we had a zombie apocalypse tomorrow, I would grab my wife, daughter, water, food, my shotgun w/ all my ammo, would throw everything in the jeep and immediately proceed to drive to the nearest Toyota dealership to steal a 4Runner.

For a leased daily driven family hauler, I'm quite happy with my GC. :)

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170727/604c7729a573a41c186558effe93a69c.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170727/b03118d0fed7b836d5fe0e84fd597337.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170727/78b7a11328e3b8db056c8cf5602427c4.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170727/d083ef7c97d3468802e971e8ec450446.jpg

Lord it's looking great. God damn Chrysler's designer nailed it.

By the way a car that has a lower residual value cost more to lease than another car that keeps a good residual, not the other way around... a 4Runner should be cheaper than a GC at the same MSRP and same interest rate..

I second the notion that the GC looks are top notch and I do enjoy the interior. Just having family who have owned Chrysler/Dodge dealerships, it would be hard for me to pull the trigger on one. Reliability and depreciation will always keep me away from them.

But on the other hand I could have a SRT and not give two fucks.

4Runners aren't for metrosexual men.

If Toyota decided to put a Limited on the truck... they need to put the equipment of an equivalent Limited of other brands/manufacturers.... or at least the BASICS that I wrote.... Xenons/Auto Tailgate/better headunit.... which again no clue how that makes me a metro....

All you guys have done in this thread is say... "Well look at the highlander" and "You're metro" ..... strong posts guys.... seriously... congrats on making your epenis bigger

If Toyota decided to put a Limited on the truck... they need to put the equipment of an equivalent Limited of other brands/manufacturers.... or at least the BASICS that I wrote.... Xenons/Auto Tailgate/better headunit.... which again no clue how that makes me a metro....

All you guys have done in this thread is say... "Well look at the highlander" and "You're metro" ..... strong posts guys.... seriously... congrats on making your epenis bigger

The Highlander has all the options you want yet you still QQ about the 4runner and a Limited badge.

The GC also has all what you need. I don't know why you're still stuck up on the 4runner it clearly is not the truck for you or your wife. I mean, the market is full of SUVs that offer an AWD perfectly suited for city driving, with all the luxury options one could desire, and then you're stuck on a body-on-frame SUV with an offroad oriented drivetrain with somehow basic equipment and bland interior and QQ about it not having what you want. Just go shop another model and that's it!

Pink shirts aren't welcome in 4Runners.

In all seriousness though, Toyota doesn't care if it doesn't have those options with the limited. They have a solid following, know they have a bullet proof truck and can list it for whatever the hell price they want.

At that price and with those extra options you want, spend a little more and get a BMW/Merc/Audi suv, watch it depreciate like a piece of poo and have it in the garage every 3 months.

Or you have the Lexus GX line up.

Lord it's looking great. God damn Chrysler's designer nailed it.

By the way a car that has a lower residual value cost more to lease than another car that keeps a good residual, not the other way around... a 4Runner should be cheaper than a GC at the same MSRP and same interest rate..

I have to agree, design wise it's a surprise coming from the Americans. It looks great, and I never thought I'd own an American product but I'm not necessarily brand or origin snob, I like a good car wherever it comes from.

In regards to leasing, there's two factors at play here, Toyotas residual is ridiculously low (especially considering how good they hold their resale, they clearly make money again if you return the truck and they remarket it after the lease) and their interest aren't really good which makes their leases not too attractive. Jeeps residuals aren't much better but I got 0% on my 51 month lease and that makes a huge difference the lease payment on a $50k truck.

lol

Correct, should by here by October 2017 or so. I know the boss of a Chrysler dealer in Coaticook and he already ordered one for him. I think the price was somewhere between 85-95k $.

Avec mon heavy foot je prendrais un 4Runner TRD Pro equipper pour escalader des montagnes avant le Jeep. Question de garder mon permis de conduire.

Anyway who needs a 700hp Jeep ???

* Would still try it *

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hate de voir! Seul bémol c'est l'impossibilité d'ajuster le camber en avant parce que tout est jammé fack j'ai du camber positif, putain c'est laid

Back