Tesla Model S -hacked by wifi. Why does everything have to be connected?

student13

The Tesla Model S hack been hacked by wifi . This begs the question, why does everything have to be "connected to the net". Your car , or your toaster does not need to be connected to the internet.By being able to modify braking algorithms, seat positions and windshield wipers over the net via an OTA update, aren't these people just asking for trouble? - Even if Tesla is quick to patch. Why is this even possible.

PS: I have said it before I am waiting for the day some smart ass, hacks the GM ONSTAR server farm, and engages satellite kill switch for all vehicles.

Last edited:
At least it can be patched... the same issue have arised with a bunch of manufacturer but they can't "hot fix" anything... ask Chrysler.

Hey when I have client meetings and typing the address in my GPS can take time (and sometimes not even find it) or I can go on my phone, find the address on google and then SEND TO CAR = BEST THING EVER!

The scariest part of all of this is that they did not need any special equipment - all commercial off the shelf stuff, NOR did they need to access the OBD2 port OR be within wifi range.

13d.jpg

Ramenez les carburateurs colisse!!

Un carburateur analogue pour chaque tesla. Fini le hacking,.

Mechanical throttle body!

And take off powersteering! They cant take over the car's steering if you do that!

And while your at that! Put in a manual transmission!

yep, they'll do something about it when people start dying. Unfortunately thats the way it goes in the auto industry.

sur une note plus serieuse j ai entendu cette semaine a la radio que les Tesla envoit continuellement du data pour enrichir le database des systemes de conduite autonome , aucune idee si c'est vrai une theorie conspirationniste impliquant des shemales travaillant pour le Mossad

The Tesla Model S hack been hacked by wifi.

and?

Even if Tesla is quick to patch.

It's already patched

Why is this even possible.

Everything is hackable. Security flaws will always exist.
Because everything can be hacked, observe how the company reacts to any new flaw found: That's part of the customer service.
Tesla is committed to their software security and you can see it how quickly they fix flaws and deploy updates over the air.

The Model S was hacked last year and it was shown off at Def Con

You can jump forward to their conclusion at 40m40s

Last edited:
Back