News: 2017/18 Civic Type R

congrats. first thoughts?

I have a whopping 70 km so far... but I can say that I am getting used to the big wing. I love the front stance- the way it looks.
Driving- the comfort mode makes street driving easier than any of my other previous cars.
I can do with the rev match down shifts but nice for a lazy drive.
Seats are wonderful- as expected.
Steering wheel is ergonomic- the car feels nimble.

I am not used to all the electronics so I am making my way through all that.

Can't wait to flog it at ASE next week.

CTR vs STI a Propulsion. Pas fort comme prestation pour la STI, il a complètement perdu les freins après quelques tours. Nadeau a l'air heureux de la CTR.

what I can't wait is to see some base civics with the type R badge, I really didn't miss that... it almost went away and than...

what I can't wait is to see some base civics with the type R badge, I really didn't miss that... it almost went away and than...

wont happen for now. body parts are ultra expensive on the new CTR! wing alone is 3K so ill let you guess for the complete wider front end how much it would cost

wont happen for now. body parts are ultra expensive on the new CTR! wing alone is 3K so ill let you guess for the complete wider front end how much it would cost
He said type r badges, those are available pretty easily

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

those are us prices... double and + for canadian market i already checked and they forgot alot of things!

the suspention assembly front and rear brakes witch you all need if you want to fit the ctr wheels because they have other bore size and bolt pattern. all the electronics that control the suspention and brakes are not the same has any other 10th gen

its not an easy conversion like the older type-r's used to be!

I was told the complete rear wing assembly was $9K... ouch.

We started getting stuff in for the ar.

First , wheels- Fast Co- 18x 9 FC04A to start0 cheap and effective at 18lbs and $975 Tax in for set

fast wheels (2).jpg

close up.jpg

First impressions on the track is nice,.

The car will need alignment adjustment, ie negative camber up front if the tires plan to survive 1 day on the track. The car seems to rotate nicely when provoked- however I did not push it very hard.
The brakes seem up to the task, but again when asked for multiple sessions of hard braking- maybe not so much.
Honda offer free lifetime pads replacement.

Speaking of brakes- after 160km of street- the pads started to squeak a bit - so I figured with the dust and all.... now after 5 laps of track- squeak is gone- guess the pads are now bedded.

Stay tuned for more updates

Back