News: 2017/18 Civic Type R

Congratulations. Can you share some details about your purchase? Which dealer? What did you pay? Finance or lease (can you even lease these?)? How long ago did you put a deposit down to reserve one? Is there any kind of recommended 'break-in" period? What's the oil change interval, and what kind of oil does it call for?

thanks,buy at montreal,price paid:pdsf+tx,i made a deposit month ago ive got it,i follow the 1500km of "break-in" that mean not to much rev to red-line(5000rpm),for the oil change i dont realy know,i change it until the break-in is done and after storage,the oil i will go with 0-20w full syntec

La EK9 etait tellement la plus belle et la seule CTR j achèterais

Dommage ca prenne 25 ans..

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Ek9 et FD2. J'ai été la voir au dealer. Elle est vraiment plus belle en vrai qu'en photo. L'intérieur est cool aussi. J'en achetais une sur un coup de tête c'est sur .

Mais dans mon coeur de fan boy c'est un ITR match number que je veux comme R

Envoyé de mon SM-G900W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

After your little test drive, do you think its a better car than your EvoX?

I can't say better- my Evo is now far from stock- but I can say they are different and I like what I felt- even if it was a small ride.
I am anxious to put it to the test.

cc5f4da68a3d41b81e03f02c9aa821a9.png

If I had one, I would drive it during winter ...

I dont know why, I just dont feel like this car has real HONDA DNA blood to me.
Historically, honda used motorcycle engines and in the years that followed,
the engines kept this philosophy, that is to say natural aspiration, high revolution.

Cutting edge handling, over engineered chassis, double A suspension in front, rear independent trailing arm suspension, etc.
The approach was different. Now it's harder to tune in order to get more performance, sometimes the OEM suspension is already optimized like the DC5 for example.

However, I still appreciate the honda civic type-r

If I had one, I would drive it during winter ...

I dont know why, I just dont feel like this car has real HONDA DNA blood to me.
Historically, honda used motorcycle engines and in the years that followed,
the engines kept this philosophy, that is to say natural aspiration, high revolution.

Cutting edge handling, over engineered chassis, double A suspension in front, rear independent trailing arm suspension, etc.
The approach was different. Now it's harder to tune in order to get more performance, sometimes the OEM suspension is already optimized like the DC5 for example.

However, I still appreciate the honda civic type-r

If only Honda can apply that to it's F1 program.

Back