News: 2017/18 Civic Type R

I really don't like the look of the new CTR, however considering how my I've liked my 2010 SI (flashpro, koni yellow shocks, neuspeeds race spring, hp+ 4 corner, braided lines, full hasport mount kit, 225/45/17 Kumho Ku36) I really want a new CTR.

Even if I'm more of a "RWD guy" and have alot more track time in a RWD and AWD than FWD, god I liked the SI, by fare the best daily driver I ever had. I could daily this car and still do laps after laps at ASE and drive back home without an issue.

If they kept the same "spirited" feeling I found in the SI in the new CTR, the driving experience will be awesome, I always thought an extra 50-100hp on my SI would be beyond perfect.

as for "fail wheel drive" I just think it's a comment said by people who don't know how/didn't had the chance to exploit a FWD proprely, having driven FWD, RWD and AWD on/off track, stock and really modified I think all of them are fun, you just can't drive them the same way. My Si was set in a way the rear end was loose, I was having barely zero understeer.

Getting warmer-
https://theshopmag.com/features/civ...0&spJobID=982206282&spReportId=OTgyMjA2MjgyS0

After its global reveal in Geneva earlier this month, the first production Civic Type R made its U.S. debut on March 26 at the 2017 AutoCon automotive performance and tuning convention in Los Angeles.

With 306 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque from its 2-liter DOHC, direct-injected and turbocharged i-VTEC in-line four-cylinder engine, the 2017 Civic Type R is the fastest, most powerful Honda ever sold in America. Featuring aggressive styling to match its performance, the Civic Type R is the hot hatch that U.S. compact enthusiasts have been dreaming about, according to Honda.

For East Coast enthusiasts, the Type R will make its debut at the New York International Auto Show on April 12. The first Type R-badged Honda will go on sale nationwide in late spring.

The Civic Type R chassis builds on the major upgrades undertaken for the 10th-generation Civic makeover with model-exclusive spring, damper and bushing settings, a new Dual-Axis front suspension setup with aluminum lower arms and steering knuckles for improved at-the-limit cornering and reduced torque steer; a new four-wheel Adaptive Suspension System with three-chamber dampers; a retuned and adaptive dual-pinion electric power steering system with variable gear ratio; and a helical limited-slip front differential. Mounted to the suspension are 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels shod with 245/30R 20 Continental ContiSportContact 6 performance tires. Decisive stopping power comes from Brembo 4-pot aluminum calipers squeezing 350mm (13.8-inch) cross-drilled rotors at the front. The rear braking system features solid 305mm (12-inch) rotors.

The 2017 Civic Type R is designed to reward the driver in all driving conditions, on the track and on the street, and features three driving modes: Comfort, Sport (default) and +R. The driver selectable modes adjust steering and throttle response, transmission rev-matching, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and the Adaptive Damper System. Utilizing new, three-chamber dampers, individual stroke sensors and three vehicle-G sensors, the new damper system offers a wider range of variability for ride comfort and dynamic handling response.

The 2017 Civic Type R will launch in a single, premium-contented Touring trim. A 7-inch touchscreen interface with embedded Honda Navigation system has both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility; and should the driver ever tire of hearing the Type R growl, a 540-watt, 12-speaker audio system with SiriusXM 2.0, HD Radio and Pandora compatibility is also provided as standard.

Additional interior Type R features, according to Honda, include heavily bolstered sports seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift boot, aluminum shift knob, aluminum sport pedals, red Type R driver's meter and serialized Type R plate on the center console.

20-inch aluminum alloy wheels shod with 245/30R 20

Ça va être ruff sur les routes de Montréal ça, mais quand même, j'ai hâte de voir les review de ceux qui vont aller en chercher une, car les review des journaliste sont vraiment off souvent et surtout quand c'est un package spécial comme la Type R.

20-inch aluminum alloy wheels shod with 245/30R 20

Ça va être ruff sur les routes de Montréal ça, mais quand même, j'ai hâte de voir les review de ceux qui vont aller en chercher une, car les review des journaliste sont vraiment off souvent et surtout quand c'est un package spécial comme la Type R.

Its the first thing that I will change.
Once I get my track wheels, the second thing I will do is challenge you and your RS to a lap around the circuit of your choice- you will see that AWD and FWD in this case, makes little difference!
besides- it will be fun

Its the first thing that I will change.
Once I get my track wheels, the second thing I will do is challenge you and your RS to a lap around the circuit of your choice- you will see that AWD and FWD in this case, makes little difference!
besides- it will be fun

you are going to destroy me on any circuit anyway, but i could let you drive my RS and see which one is faster with the same driver :)

you are going to destroy me on any circuit anyway, but i could let you drive my RS and see which one is faster with the same driver :)

I can't say no to an offer like that, being the car whore that I am- let's do it!

Oh wait- still need to get my CTR....

Getting warmer-
https://theshopmag.com/features/civ...0&spJobID=982206282&spReportId=OTgyMjA2MjgyS0

The driver selectable modes adjust steering and throttle response, transmission rev-matching, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and the Adaptive Damper System. Utilizing new, three-chamber dampers, individual stroke sensors and three vehicle-G sensors, the new damper system offers a wider range of variability for ride comfort and dynamic handling response.

Not sure I like the idea about the different drive modes changing steering characteristics. I would want consistent turn in results and feedback regardless of mode. But I guess we'll see what that truly means when the car is released.

Either way, this car has me intrigued. Not because I'm a prospective buyer, because this could be the start of a line of cars that bring real type R engineering to NA.

Not sure I like the idea about the different drive modes changing steering characteristics. I would want consistent turn in results and feedback regardless of mode. But I guess we'll see what that truly means when the car is released.

Either way, this car has me intrigued. Not because I'm a prospective buyer, because this could be the start of a line of cars that bring real type R engineering to NA.

It adjust the steering assist, not the turning ratio.

If it's like mine, in track mode, the steering feel a bit heavier.

Back