CarFax VS CarProof See the difference

FieroAlex

Legacy Member
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up and show you the difference between a CarFax and CarProof report.

I always believed CarProof was better for Canadian cars and CarFax for US cars. I was wrong.

I pulled these 2 reports for the same car from both CarProof and Carfax. I did the CarProof first thinking it would be better as it is geared towards Canadian cars, when I saw the report I was immediately unimpressed with the data and I decided to run the carfax. I will never ever use Carproof again.

CarFax has a much more detailed history for the car, even some service history.

CarProof:
carproof_zps9vid6rnv.jpg

CarFax:
carfax1_zpscbunxbrz.jpg

carfax2_zpsxyzqmlio.png

Think twice next time you pick between Carfax and Carproof.

thanks for the info! I was also under the impression that CarProof would be better for Canadian cars but I guess not

I thought carproof was a dealer system that allowed much more.hiding of vehicle history (flood, VGA, etc) and Carfax more neutral..

I thought carproof was a dealer system that allowed much more.hiding of vehicle history (flood, VGA, etc) and Carfax more neutral..

Humm well that would make sense then. I was just always under the impression CarProof was the Canadian version of carfax and that they were specialized getting data for Canadian cars.

It was my first time paying for a CarProof and it's the last time I will ever do it. I also won't trust it when I see it at a dealership.

I wonder how an AutoCheck report would stack up.

Humm well that would make sense then. I was just always under the impression CarProof was the Canadian version of carfax and that they were specialized getting data for Canadian cars.

It was my first time paying for a CarProof and it's the last time I will ever do it. I also won't trust it when I see it at a dealership.

autocheck from experience isn't as detailed as the Carfax or CarProof

auto.png

CarFax isn't always better. I usually get both when shopping for a used car and on two occasions, CarProof showed insurance claims that weren't on the CarFax report.

CarFax isn't always better. I usually get both when shopping for a used car and on two occasions, CarProof showed insurance claims that weren't on the CarFax report.

Yeap I see that often.
Many times Carproof show claims and Carfax nothing , it happen to me more then once just this year.

That would make sense also since every buyer at the dealer auction has to pay for a Carproof.

Back