Official BaT car thread

right on the money!
although in USD, lol

I am always happy to see these sales- makes me feel good about my car.

Now, just need to get the nerve to make a purchase.... ok well need the cash as well.

Sell one or buy one. Just remember that literally everyone on that site knows what they're talking about, so if you do list a car, don't mess around with lies. These dudes aren't afraid to send a lawyer after you for a badly advertised car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sell one or buy one. Just remember that literally everyone on that site knows what they're talking about, so if you do list a car, don't mess around with lies. These dudes aren't afraid to send a lawyer after you for a badly advertised car.

I would be in acquisition mode , not selling... lol and yeah I get it with the crowd on BaT. I consider my self a good buyer.

Just so I understand, people just drop $30kUSD on a 200hp Integra, sight unseen based on a few photos?

Honnêtement j'acheterais une auto de 50 000$ par internet si la description est bonne avec beaucoup de photo et une inspection. C'est ce qui fait la réputation du site aussi, des autos décrites dans les moindres détails.

(Il me reste seulement à trouver 50 000$)

Just so I understand, people just drop $30kUSD on a 200hp Integra, sight unseen based on a few photos?

Well in this case we are talking about $20KUSD and this listing is well documented will all that anybody should really need to buy a car. Can't say sight unseen as the pictures are pretty clear.
Most EBAY and BaT sales are conducted this way and buyers seem satisfied.
I haven't honestly bought this way yet- I usually buy local but I know I am missing out on many good buys in the US- however with the exchange these days- good buys become OK buys.

This is BaT, not racejunk or eBay.

Very different caliber of buying and selling. When I listed my corvette for sale, I practically had to leave work early each day to talk to people who made phone appointments with me, and to discuss banking and logistics. There are real bidders there, but also real sellers. I've seen quite a few cars get removed because the comment section ended up figuring out if the car was a previous salvage, or stolen, or even if it had a lien or was imported illegally. Cars that lied about their service or numbers matching were also debunked and removed. It's a tough crowd for a seller, but I like it better that way.

Very different caliber of buying and selling. When I listed my corvette for sale, I practically had to leave work early each day to talk to people who made phone appointments with me, and to discuss banking and logistics. There are real bidders there, but also real sellers. I've seen quite a few cars get removed because the comment section ended up figuring out if the car was a previous salvage, or stolen, or even if it had a lien or was imported illegally. Cars that lied about their service or numbers matching were also debunked and removed. It's a tough crowd for a seller, but I like it better that way.

That's the feeling I get when I look at this site. I would feel comfortable buying or selling on it.

I beg to differ....

Dont get me wrong......I like the site, and the community, and clearly "MOST" of the members are car guy, but none-the-less a lot of drama queens on that site.

I've never bought or sold, just lurking and reading the posts, and I gotta say....lots of useless un-constructive comments.

Well in this case we are talking about $20KUSD and this listing is well documented will all that anybody should really need to buy a car. Can't say sight unseen as the pictures are pretty clear.
Most EBAY and BaT sales are conducted this way and buyers seem satisfied.
I haven't honestly bought this way yet- I usually buy local but I know I am missing out on many good buys in the US- however with the exchange these days- good buys become OK buys.

I don't know, maybe I'm old school but that's a heck of a lot of risk buying a car like that. A photo isn't going to tell you if the clutch is slipping, if the gears crunch above 5kRPM, if it's been tracked, if the car drives straight or if the engine overheats in 10 minutes of traffic. And looking at the comments, I think some are moronic and unverifiable. Like Facebook anyone can say anything at anytime on the internet, lots of jealous haters or others who trying to discredit the seller to bring the price down or just people with an axe to grind. How can you possibly take the comments as credible? I know It's been done before but seems to be an enormous leap of faith buying on this site.

I beg to differ....

Dont get me wrong......I like the site, and the community, and clearly "MOST" of the members are car guy, but none-the-less a lot of drama queens on that site.

I've never bought or sold, just lurking and reading the posts, and I gotta say....lots of useless un-constructive comments.

There's always a non-constructive peanut gallery going around, but what I was trying to say was that you won't get far by making up information. The only way you can mislead one of the "know-it-all" guys is if you flat out lie about the car.

That 928 we spoke about a few months ago was one of those examples where a seller flat out lied, but even then bidders were still shying away as it still sold relatively low compared to all previous sales.

Putain j'adore les Scirroco mais je déteste les MK2. Et ca me surprend pas que ce soit celle de Antoine Joubert! Il est un mordu des vieilles VW et a fait part d'une trouvaille à RPM il y a quelques semaines

d994c37f8a664dd8eba455f72b82ee74.jpg

Back