Motorcycle beginner (suggestions needed)

May I also suggest the KTM Duke 390, if you're looking for a smaller engine. I haven't tried it yet, but I've seen many reviews that say that it's the best "beginner's bike." I've been thinking of test driving it and making it my reliable daily, and turning my CB360 into more of a project bike.

I dont know where ur from but mathias sport had some "journée d'essais " for those bikes recently you should check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know where ur from but mathias sport had some "journée d'essais " for those bikes recently you should check it out

Most trial days are in may or june, it's over for now. The schedule can be problematic for some, but I like the formula "try all the bikes you want no question asked", no need to deal with the vendors.

Pour le RC390 il a l'air cool, mais ça reste un bike sport basic donc zéro confort et le moteur doit vibrer.

Harley Davidson on aussi leur essais jusqu'à tard dans la saison. Par contre à ce que je sache, personne te laisse rouler dans une journée d’essais avec un permis apprenti. Les seuls qui le font, c'est ceux qui te loue des bike avec une franchise de 2000-3000$ pré-retirée sur ta carte de crédit... just sayin'.

Peu être j'ai mon 6a depuis 9 ans donc ca va aller pour moi mais cest bon a savoir pour Op

Most trial days are in may or june, it's over for now. The schedule can be problematic for some, but I like the formula "try all the bikes you want no question asked", no need to deal with the vendors.

Pour le RC390 il a l'air cool, mais ça reste un bike sport basic donc zéro confort et le moteur doit vibrer.

They come with riser clip ons, and the vibrations aren't horrible.

That's awesome, I'm definitely gonna check it out. I just looked it up, and it's 32 mins from home. I live in Brossard, so should be pretty easy to get there.

If you live in Brossard just go to Duroy. They are strictly KTM, and have been the best garage experience I've ever had.

Awesome, I had no idea there was a dealer there. Definitely gonna check it out in the spring.

Do you still have your CB360, or you sold it before getting your KTM?

Still have the 350, and 2 750 basket cases.

I ride the Duke basically every day. Duroy is great, they have a fully trained staff that's been to the Austrian factory, and almost every part is in stock. They focus mostly on Motocross, but I would highly recommend them.

Ooops,my mistake, thought it was a CB360. Not much of a difference in both anyways.

I've been riding my CB to work daily, but I might be looking for something bigger for highway rides next year. I wasn't sure about plating 2 bikes, but if I had the CB on an antique plate, it would be much cheaper, and I could still drive it daily to work. I honestly don't see myself getting rid of it.

I thought of the Duke 390 for a while, but then again, I might regret having 2 small engines. I was hoping they would bring the XSR700 to North America, but the FJ-07 with the rounder headlight is very similar in look. So I might be looking at that, or the Duke 690 in the spring.

I Fucking love my 690. But, it's honestly not an amazing highway bike. Pretty windy. But on roads like the 327, you'll beat just about anything.

puissance et 250cc /facepalm

si c'est une 250 2 temps oh que OUI, comme la fzr 250 par exemple

sinon moi aussi je passe mon permis apres lhiver, mais je ne suis pas debutant cest juste que mon permis etranger n'est pas reconnu ici...

je te conseilles une 600cc sport, moins que ca tu vas etre tanner trop vite, je roulais les 500cc de la motoecole, ca avance pas...

si c'est une 250 2 temps oh que OUI, comme la fzr 250 par exemple

sinon moi aussi je passe mon permis apres lhiver, mais je ne suis pas debutant cest juste que mon permis etranger n'est pas reconnu ici...

je te conseilles une 600cc sport, moins que ca tu vas etre tanner trop vite, je roulais les 500cc de la motoecole, ca avance pas...

Fzr= 4t 4 cylindres, mais punch pas pire pareil, 44hp.

Tzr= 2t, 50hp+

I Fucking love my 690. But, it's honestly not an amazing highway bike. Pretty windy. But on roads like the 327, you'll beat just about anything.

A friend of mine let me ride his CBR600 for a day. We have friends in Ottawa that we go visit fairly often, so it was a nice change over the CB on the highway. But definitely feel all the wind, it's kinda scary lol.

I'm used to riding at max 90kmph on a daily basis, so anything over 100 for me is a pleasant surprise.

Fzr= 4t 4 cylindres, mais punch pas pire pareil, 44hp.

Tzr= 2t, 50hp+

ahaaa c'est pour ca que l'autre parlait de 4t, desolé mon erreur j'ai confondu avec la 2t, effectivement la fzr ^^. c'est des mythes ces motos la pour moi (les 250 400 et 500)

j'avais eu une aprilia RS 125 2t, que du bonheur, la RS250 reste encor un reve pour moi ...

Back