Breaking News: SAAQ Luxury car list is in effect!

f*cking Hummer?? HAHAHAHHAHAHA

You mean a Colorado (H3) or a Tahoe (H2) with Tonka-style trim = luxury.

"So how much are selling your 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport?"
"...bout $3.50."

Hummer H1 worth a lot of money.

And

The list we are talking its for older car than 2006...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hahaha Hummer ... bunch of idiots that made this list. Surprised I didn't see Boxster LOL

I do that too if the car's at all worth it.

Perfect example the Volvo - paid 5300$, car is 11 yrs old could've shown up and told the lady I paid 2000$ for it. Would've saved 300$ in taxes but then imagine an idiot in a white M series bimmer cuts me off in traffic and we have a crash. The insurance will ask how much did I pay the car?

I then would be forced to say 2000$...

Not take that relatively low amount and translate it into a 10.000+ Porsche. Would you take that chance?

Note that I'd have no problems doing it for a 1500$ car but anything over a couple grand yeah, declare the correct value or you risk making a false saving.

Depuis quand les assureur on accès au système de la SAAQ ?

Hummer H1 worth a lot of money.

And

The list we are talking its for older car than 2006...

Well, the H2 started as a 2002 model in 2001, and the H3 as a 2006 model year in 2005. But yeah, you're right; that would rightfully apply to the H1.

It's funny how a Maybach, S-Class, 911, Pagani, McLaren, etc. wouldn't be considered luxury simply because it didn't make the list, but hey, your Ferrari Mondial / Hummer H2 did so pay up.

encore une esti de liste de ginette faite sur un shop towel.

La liste a pas lair plus serieuse que la premiere lol.

I do that too if the car's at all worth it.

Perfect example the Volvo - paid 5300$, car is 11 yrs old could've shown up and told the lady I paid 2000$ for it. Would've saved 300$ in taxes but then imagine an idiot in a white M series bimmer cuts me off in traffic and we have a crash. The insurance will ask how much did I pay the car?

I then would be forced to say 2000$...

Not take that relatively low amount and translate it into a 10.000+ Porsche. Would you take that chance?

Note that I'd have no problems doing it for a 1500$ car but anything over a couple grand yeah, declare the correct value or you risk making a false saving.
WOW...

Insurance payout works by market values of what they paid out in previous claims.. Not what you paid at the SAAQ, a seller can sell for whatever price they wish that doesn't mean it's the correct market value.

I just plated my E34, I paid almost nothing for it but needed an evaluation done. The evaluator listed it at XXXX $, my proxy said I paid XXX. The woman was like damn you got a good deal but I need to charge you tax based on XXXX amount.

Hey serious question; can you exchange a car for a favor? Like, "could you re-do my deck? I'll give you my Chrysler Lebaron", or "could you build up negative pressure in my pipe? I'll give you my Aston Martin DB7."

...and then tell the SAAQ that the car was honestly just exchanged via service. A service which was only about 45 minutes long at $30/h.

Hey serious question; can you exchange a car for a favor? Like, "could you re-do my deck? I'll give you my Chrysler Lebaron", or "could you build up negative pressure in my pipe? I'll give you my Aston Martin DB7."

...and then tell the SAAQ that the car was honestly just exchanged via service. A service which was only about 45 minutes long at $30/h.

Yep but you still need to pay tax on some sorta value. You can only exchange between family and even that requires from Rev Quebec forms to be filled out. The employees SAAQ don't care, I bought my Audi last week and she straight up said "Do you want to pass it for the min amount of 1$"

Nope. Like Greg said(and you did in bold), you must put a price on it. Same thing with Revenue Que/Can. Legally, you can't trade time/goods and act like it never happened.

45min @ 30$/hr = 22.50$.

pi lol @LG qui pense que paske y passe un char a 1$ a SAAQ les assurances vont juste y donner 1$.

Porsche 911 aurait du etre sur la liste..

Des vieux cayenne ca vaut rien on s en fou...

Mclaren / pagani pre 2006... penserait pas moi..

De toute manière un char usagé vendu entre particulier... on devrait meme pas payer de taxes... c est un bien usagé.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

je comprend que ces stuide comme list, mais pk vous chialler que la liste est mal faite? vos yeule pi soyez content que porsche sois pas ca liste..?

Une chance que Revenu Québec chekc pas la SAAQ.. sinon y viendrait chercher de l'impôt sur le profit à la revente de voitures.

this list of 10year+ old luxury/sport cars is in effect officially for probably a year now.. or perhaps exercised with more discipline lately by saaq staff..

and even the staff was getting smarter about certain brands even up to 2 years ago.. I know..

I arrived at a saaq location almost 2years ago to this date.. with a car to plate on that list..
I declared $xxxx.

the lady said " this car is a ******* right". I confirmed yes it is.

the lady said "let me check with my manager, there may be some special rules for this car".

after 15mins of waiting at the counter.. she came back and said.. " sorry I cannot plate this car/brand without an evaluation, heres a list of evaluators we accept".

I said " the car is 17years old etc etc..". she said " sorry cant do it youll have to come back".

It may have been just back luck with this lady.. but this was 2 years ago.. so they were already applying this "List" rule up to 2 years ago..

But if you can afford one of those cars, chances are you can get a hook up for evaluation inspections.

If it was the joke inspection that saaq requires for 25+ year old cars, its complete bologna.

Back