Breaking News: SAAQ Luxury car list is in effect!

I arrived at a saaq location almost 2years ago to this date.. with a car to plate on that list..
I declared $xxxx.

the lady said " this car is a ******* right". I confirmed yes it is.

the lady said "let me check with my manager, there may be some special rules for this car".

after 15mins of waiting at the counter.. she came back and said.. " sorry I cannot plate this car/brand without an evaluation, heres a list of evaluators we accept".

I said " the car is 17years old etc etc..". she said " sorry cant do it youll have to come back"...
So you paid full tax on evaluation for your *******?

But if you can afford one of those cars, chances are you can get a hook up for evaluation inspections.

If it was the joke inspection that saaq requires for 25+ year old cars, its complete bologna.

It's not even an inspection the guy shows up, takes a look around the car, takes some photos and writes you a paper with what it's worth. You can get it devalued by presenting an estimate for XXXXX value of repairs however the person isn't going to write down a 50k Ferrari for 2500$...

You can have any car devalued even something that's newer...

I recently bought a 1991 lexus. The saaq wanted an evaluation so the owner went to the lexus dealership and they did it for free. Took about 10min.

But if you can afford one of those cars, chances are you can get a hook up for evaluation inspections.

If it was the joke inspection that saaq requires for 25+ year old cars, its complete bologna.

i wouldnt even call it an inspection. They dont care about how safe the car is they just want to tax us. Bottom line its just an evaluation.

It's not even an inspection the guy shows up, takes a look around the car, takes some photos and writes you a paper with what it's worth. You can get it devalued by presenting an estimate for XXXXX value of repairs however the person isn't going to write down a 50k Ferrari for 2500$...

You can have any car devalued even something that's newer...

ya, haha he'll only write 20k

Imagine trying to find a fish to buy your POS hummer. Then you go to SAAQ and realise than you need an evaluation to transfer it!!!!! Buyer says no thanks !!!!

Imagine trying to find a fish to buy your POS hummer. Then you go to SAAQ and realise than you need an evaluation to transfer it!!!!! Buyer says no thanks !!!!

Evaluation is 80-100$

Besides I don't remember the last time I saw an H2 or H3 on the road.

Ils ont fait la liste peut-être aussi avec la rareté des véhicules et pas juste les prix?

Porsche y'en a des tonnes sur les routes, comme Audi, BMW et Mercedes.

Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Bentley, Rolls Royce on s'entend y'en a pas gros dans tout le Québec...

Entendue ce matin à la SAAQ

"Un véhicules qui a une valeur de plus de 40 000$ est considéré un véhicule de luxe."

sent from your mom's bed.

Yup i know doesn't make sense to me either but that's what he girl said to a raging custom that was pissed of that luxury tax

sent from your mom's bed.

That luxury tax is only good for recent cars (7 years and less). My '07 Porsche 911 Turbo is no more considered a luxury car even though it's worth more than 40k.

That luxury tax is only good for recent cars (7 years and less). My '07 Porsche 911 Turbo is no more considered a luxury car even though it's worth more than 40k.

Exactement ca fait longtemps qu'il y a une taxe de "luxe" sur tout vehicule de 40k$ et plus, n'importe qui qui a acheté un char neuf va te le confirmer

Exactement ca fait longtemps qu'il y a une taxe de "luxe" sur tout vehicule de 40k$ et plus, n'importe qui qui a acheté un char neuf va te le confirmer

Oui.
Et cette taxe tu la paye sur la plaque.
Le désavantage c'est que tant que la valeur descends pas en bas de 40 000$, tu va payer la plaque plus chère. Mais quand même moins chère a chaque annexe ( parce que le véhicule déprécie).
Je pense c'est le red book que la SAAQ utilise pour ça.
Just saying.

Back