Breaking News: SAAQ Luxury car list is in effect!

73vette

Legacy Member
Good morning boys,

Yesterday I was at the SAAQ to do the transfer of ownership on one of my Porsche's. Once I provided the registration, I was very surprised (even dumbfounded) to hear the girl behind the counter say;

SAAQ Clerk: hmmmm...lets see if Porsche is on the "the list"

Me: "Huh? what list"

SAAQ Clerk: Revenue "Qc's new luxury car list"

Me: Huh?

SAAQ Clerk: Yeah, from now on Car's between 10-25yrs old that are on this list must have a professional evaluation done in order to determine the taxable amount. Only then can the car be plated.

Me: Huh?......ummmmm......ahhhhh.....SHIT! So?? Is Porsche on the List?

SAAQ Clerk: *Scrolling down the list with her mouse*.......Nope, your good to go. So how much was the sale amount?

Me: XX,XXX$

SAAQ Clerk: Ok

After the transfer was complete and all the paperwork was in order, I took the time to ask her where I could find "The said list"(luckily she was super friendly). She proceeded to say "I see that you own few cars that are on the list, therefor in order for you to be prepared in the event that you ever decide to sell one of them "here's a pen and paper, you can write them down...."

So here it is;

- Aston Martin
- Bentley
- Ferrari
- Hummer
- Lambo
- Lotus
- Maserati
- Rolls Royce

There you have it boys.....so if your looking to pass your '06 Lambo for 1$ at the SAAQ it aint gonna happen.

lol @ Hummer

eventually they will make a list of models from other manufacturers as well.

The poor guy that wants to sell his POS H3 is gonna have a good time

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

le gars qui arrive avec sa vieille bugatti a 1 million est mort de rire.

passe moé ca a une 1$ ginette.

LOL @ lotus...

Et pas de porsche...

Les vieilles lotus ca vaut rien VS des 993 surévaluées a 150-200k$

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Good morning boys,

Yesterday I was at the SAAQ to do the transfer of ownership on one of my Porsche's. Once I provided the registration, I was very surprised (even dumbfounded) to hear the girl behind the counter say;

SAAQ Clerk: hmmmm...lets see if Porsche is on the "the list"

Me: "Huh? what list"

SAAQ Clerk: Revenue "Qc's new luxury car list"

Me: Huh?

SAAQ Clerk: Yeah, from now on Car's between 10-25yrs old that are on this list must have a professional evaluation done in order to determine the taxable amount. Only then can the car be plated.

Me: Huh?......ummmmm......ahhhhh.....SHIT! So?? Is Porsche on the List?

SAAQ Clerk: *Scrolling down the list with her mouse*.......Nope, your good to go. So how much was the sale amount?

Me: XX,XXX$

SAAQ Clerk: Ok

After the transfer was complete and all the paperwork was in order, I took the time to ask her where I could find "The said list"(luckily she was super friendly). She proceeded to say "I see that you own few cars that are on the list, therefor in order for you to be prepared in the event that you ever decide to sell one of them "here's a pen and paper, you can write them down...."

So here it is;

- Aston Martin
- Bentley
- Ferrari
- Hummer
- Lambo
- Lotus
- Maserati
- Rolls Royce

There you have it boys.....so if your looking to pass your '06 Lambo for 1$ at the SAAQ it aint gonna happen.

so you declare five digit number and pay minimum 1000$ of taxes instead of almost nothing on a car who someone else have already pay taxes ... good citizen, good citizen ...

f*cking Hummer?? HAHAHAHHAHAHA

You mean a Colorado (H3) or a Tahoe (H2) with Tonka-style trim = luxury.

I'm just happy the 96' NSX-T isn't there anymore, and that the list sounds like it was put together by a 4th grader.

"So how much are selling your 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport?"
"...bout $3.50."

Why is there no official document about this anywhere on the internet?

It would be important for people to know...

^This. Danny should totally inquire about this list. I can't stand it when the government passes legislation and it isnt published for the public. It might not interest EVERYONE but for the few that it does. They should have access.

so you declare five digit number and pay minimum 1000$ of taxes instead of almost nothing on a car who someone else have already pay taxes ... good citizen, good citizen ...

I do that too if the car's at all worth it.

Perfect example the Volvo - paid 5300$, car is 11 yrs old could've shown up and told the lady I paid 2000$ for it. Would've saved 300$ in taxes but then imagine an idiot in a white M series bimmer cuts me off in traffic and we have a crash. The insurance will ask how much did I pay the car?

I then would be forced to say 2000$...

Not take that relatively low amount and translate it into a 10.000+ Porsche. Would you take that chance?

Note that I'd have no problems doing it for a 1500$ car but anything over a couple grand yeah, declare the correct value or you risk making a false saving.

I do that too if the car's at all worth it.

Perfect example the Volvo - paid 5300$, car is 11 yrs old could've shown up and told the lady I paid 2000$ for it. Would've saved 300$ in taxes but then imagine an idiot in a white M series bimmer cuts me off in traffic and we have a crash. The insurance will ask how much did I pay the car?

I then would be forced to say 2000$...

Not take that relatively low amount and translate it into a 10.000+ Porsche. Would you take that chance?

Note that I'd have no problems doing it for a 1500$ car but anything over a couple grand yeah, declare the correct value or you risk making a false saving.
So, if you had declared paying $100 000 for your Volvo the insurance company would send you a $100 000 check if it's totaled? Neat!

Back