Shops for a Fiesta ST deal, ends up with one off prototype

Toze

A couple of months ago I was searching sites on the Internet for either a decently priced new or used Fiesta ST. One Thursday evening I was curious about a 2015 ST that was in my extended ‘too far but would consider the drive” search area, located in Nashville. This vehicle had only 57 miles on the clock and was about 2 grand under the price of a new ST with incentives: not a bad deal.

The dealership photos were not particularly good quality, but showed a car that was apparently Performance Blue. Not my favourite colour, but one that I would consider.

u5nosdb5hr1au3zogijl.jpg

What piqued my interest, though, were the seats: white and black leather Recaro with black inserts

d4mggurovtndbw1lqr5x.jpg

They don’t make anything like that for the ST. The choices for Recaro seats are either orange and black or grey and black. I thought that perhaps someone had put Focus ST seats in the car, but an image search showed that those didn’t exist either in this particular colour combination. In fact, I was not finding anything that looked like the seats in this car.

Then I noticed that the steering wheel in the dealership pictures also seemed slightly unusual. Leather and something else - perhaps suede/alcantara - but with contrasting white stitching. That’s different, too. It was an image search for “2015 fiesta st steering wheel stitching” that provided the answer. In amongst the many pictures of steering wheels there were two pictures of a bright blue car. One of these pictures showed the car interior; it had the white and black leather Recaro seats.

efoxidtqiujhyu4ohr3g.jpg

It was looking like this Nashville car could very well be the auto show car. Aside from the obvious unique physical aspects of the interior of the vehicle, the build date shown on the VIN plate in the dealer photo matched up, the CARFAX suggested Ford corporate ownership, and delivery mileage on the 18 month old car indicated a vehicle that was only ever trailered around to auto shows across the nation.

Although the pictures on the dealer website did not suggest the unique colour that articles from the auto show were depicting, the price was right, and I already had funds lined up. I emailed the dealer first thing the next day, got a phone call about an hour later, and discussed the vehicle over the phone. One point made was that the vehicle was already heading back to a dealer auction - so if I wanted it, I would have to move quickly.

The salesman sent me a link which had some much more detailed pictures of the car. It looked amazing.

asl8l1kg4xlzdmzoqwxn.jpg

Unfortunately I was not quick enough to make a decision on the vehicle. The deal fell through, and the vehicle headed back to the auction house.

I looked at other cars over the next few weeks but none stood out like this car. I would have purchased a Molten Orange ST for the right price, but there were none on any of the dealer lots in my area and the alternatives were not that appealing to me. I resolved to either wait for a good deal on a colour that I didn’t particularly care for, or to order a Molten Orange. Time passed. I still checked the VIN of the blue car occasionally to see if it would show up elsewhere. At one point the CARFAX hinted that it might show up at a dealer in Dallas, Texas. I checked their website for a couple of weeks, but ultimately that lead amounted to nothing.

Finally a couple of weeks ago I heard that, lucky for me, the car was acquired by a local Ford dealership only ten miles from my house. I headed there as soon as I had found out, ready to see the car and hopefully make a deal.

I don’t normally get excited, but on the drive to the dealership I was very much excited and likely willing to overpay for this car. When I arrived, the car was right there in the parking lot. It looked incredible in the sunlight and even better than in the auto show pictures: Liquid Blue is a very unique colour. I spent a few minutes looking over the car and knew that I was going to buy it, cost be damned.

As I discussed the car with the salesman I certainly had to temper my enthusiasm. The dealership employees had no idea that this was a special vehicle or really anything other than a regular Fiesta ST, but they for sure were not going to let the vehicle go for a cheap price. However, I was there, ready to buy and provide them with an immediate profit on a vehicle that had only just arrived. Within ten minutes I had made the deal, and the next day I drove the car home. The car is great, and I plan to drive the tits off it.

So, that’s how I ended up with a one-off Fiesta ST. Apparently you can have that gorgeous shade of Ford GT Blue.

oleny3wp7ylpz9wwgqx0.jpg

koiqzfeo6lj3vyldwiuc.jpg

bhgavinrmiagtwj1hm4z.jpg

jktkltlomzlzwlf5wy6k.jpg

Source: http://oppositelock.kinja.com/yes-you-can-1788112803

CLIFFS
Looks for deal, ends up finding a one off ST
Painted Ford gt Blue, recaros with white stitching and leather/Alcantara steering wheel

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Worse thread ever
So much dissapoint
So much don't care
Wow you mislead me
Without yes it's no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome man, congrats!! :bigup: What are the odds that a car that you were looking at in Nashville would end up practically on your doorstep? It was meant to be....

ouais dans vie il y a des choses qui n'arrive pas pour rien parfois.

congrats!

Pense tu découvrir autre chose a propos de cette voiture? P-e qu'elle cache autre chose.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but it's not me lol it's just a copy paste from reddit. I forgot to wrap the text with quotation

Well in my defense I did post the source of the text under it

Well in my defense I did post the source of the text under it

Yyyyeah...how the hell did I miss that? Friday morning with no coffee explains it I guess.

A very cool story is now just a cool story...I am disappoint.

Oh boy... I've been working at the montreal autoshow for years. I know how we treat these "display" cars. Beat the shit out of them when the engine is dead cold. Hopefully his isn't in too bad shape.

Oh boy... I've been working at the montreal autoshow for years. I know how we treat these "display" cars. Beat the shit out of them when the engine is dead cold. Hopefully his isn't in too bad shape.
Pretty much how cars are treated at the dealership.

Pretty much how cars are treated at the dealership.

LOL. actually. Doesn't ford put their cars in"delivery mode" before they end up at the dealer? I remember working with a couple cars that had a delivery mode that cut power and limited top speed but i dont remember if it was the fords..

LOL. actually. Doesn't ford put their cars in"delivery mode" before they end up at the dealer? I remember working with a couple cars that had a delivery mode that cut power and limited top speed but i dont remember if it was the fords..

BMW M cars have jockey limiters

Awesome car, that was my no. 1 choice, my GTi was second.

So fun to drive especially with Cobb tuning.

One big major disappointment..... this car is so tiny......no trunk space at all and the backseat are......just for kids. This is not a family car, its a teenager car.

Its an alternative for an FRS/BRZ if you like 4 doors

Awesome car, that was my no. 1 choice, my GTi was second.

So fun to drive especially with Cobb tuning.

One big major disappointment..... this car is so tiny......no trunk space at all and the backseat are......just for kids. This is not a family car, its a teenager car.

Its an alternative for an FRS/BRZ if you like 4 doors

I had a Fiesta ST 3dr in UK. It was awesome, The steering and suspension actually felt might tighter

I had a Fiesta ST 3dr in UK. It was awesome, The steering and suspension actually felt might tighter

Yep, i test drove one with cobb tuning and one without, defenitely a difference.

That car is so fun to drive............... but sometime in life you need something more practicals, Like i said at a young age without any family its an awesome car

Back