Who here RWDs all winter?

I've done it many tires with different cars. Worst was a 88 mustang 5.0 with brand new 4 seasons. Best was a E46 3 series with new Marshal KW22.

Around town most RWD with good winter tires will be perfect, it's when you start going up north in remote areas that it can be a problem.

07 is350 last 2 winters on hakka's 7's.

No problems whatsoever.

Remove traction control on small streets, put it back on on highways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best fun by car that you can have a legal limit is a winter driven RWD with heated seat and proper winter tire ;)

Last 2 winter was 190e 2.3 shoc 5 speed with firestone winterforce

I had a lot of trip from Mtl to Tremblant / Mont-Laurier / Chertsey / Ottawa

It was fun and i will miss this since i sold it a couple month ago... back to fwd... but next car will be rwd for sure.

My 4wd transfert case doesnt work anymore, so I guess that counts... I picked up studded Hakka Nordman and it's perfect heheh. 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara is not the most confy ride but whatever

Mazda B3000 with Toyo G02's and a Power tax diff locker.! Truck was manual and Ive never had so much fun.. Only ever got stuck if I was being dumb..lol

GMC Sierra 2500 , BF KO2 . 4x4 but I rarely use it. 95% on 2x4.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Rwd c'est le fun dans 1 pouce de neige.

Quand tu tombe dans plus de neige, des tempetes et des cotes, AWD est meme pas proche d'etre comparable.

Last year drove my E55 on snows and had no issues.
Three years before that E60 M5 on snows and no issues either.

Mind you, nothing compares to AWD though. So much fun in the snow.

frankenbmw, wintersport M3, 200k
lowered, only got stuck once cuz I thought I could clear a foot high snow bank

335i 2013, doing around 10-12k in winter, toyo G2io or something like that dont remember.
Its all good when you use your head.

e90 330i, 200k, sport suspension, so lower

gislaved n100 studded = winter fun, can't wait actually
yoko ig3 = was shitting my pants every day, stuck in snowbanks everyday, etc...

I take the traction off, but keep stability on for small streets, and everything on on highways...

I drove rwd's and let me tell you on the highway when it's snowing and you change lanes and you feel the back slipping sideways, not fun, especially when going 100+

I won't get into the arguments, but you do have a better car control with a rwd when you know how to control it.

I won't get into the arguments, but you do have a better car control with a rwd when you know how to control it.

When going under 20km/h maybe. Like I said, I drove rwd, and it's not fun on the highway when it snows. Yes it's doable. But not really fun, even with good winter tires.

RWD in winter...Adjust driving speed if you are not comfortable.... Nobody ask you to be more than 100+ on snowy day.

For my Part, in snow i was cruising 110 and still felt really secure on the 15 / 117 high speed twisties

Back