Bande annonce du film Ghost in the Shell

Disappointed about who they chose for the lead. Visuals look good but overall it will depend on pacing and maturity. Will it be a film like blade runner or a movie for normies.. And the million dollar question... Will it be 2 hours of strong independent woman poz loads or will it respect the original intent of the material ? Nuanced performance or a vulgar display of Hollywood excess?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Not a movie guy...so meh. Kinda naked is kinda cool.

Apart from that, I noticed 2 cars in those trailers. What do you think?

The first one, I'm quite confident it's a modified 2nd gen Lotus Esprit.
GhostShell1_zpswjti1efp.png

1985-lotus-esprit-2.jpg

The 2nd, I have no clue. Almost 1980 Audi GT Coupé-like.
GhostShell2_zpskiqgdytg.png

6922cb8e714e624b6fbed490f1c65fe1.jpg

Disappointed about who they chose for the lead. Visuals look good but overall it will depend on pacing and maturity. Will it be a film like blade runner or a movie for normies.. And the million dollar question... Will it be 2 hours of strong independent woman poz loads or will it respect the original intent of the material ? Nuanced performance or a vulgar display of Hollywood excess?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bad choice of lead? you know Takeshi ''Beat'' Kitano is one of the (if not the ) best Japanese actor and one of the most respected producer/director ?

on the other hand, here is the opinion of some of the people in the movie industry.

In Japan, fans of the manga were surprised that the casting caused controversy with many already assuming that the Hollywood production would choose a white actress in the lead role, since they consider that not too much attention should be paid to the physical appearance of the main protagonist because the dominant themes in Ghost in the Shell are the nature of self-identity and how it becomes affected with the use of different cyborg bodies that host human cyber-brains.

Sam Yoshiba, director of the international business division at Kodansha's Tokyo headquarters (the company which holds the rights to the series and its characters) said, "Looking at her career so far, I think Scarlett Johansson is well cast. She has the cyberpunk feel. And we never imagined it would be a Japanese actress in the first place... this is a chance for a Japanese property to be seen around the world."

During a launch event in Tokyo, Director Rupert Sanders said of Johansson "There are very few actresses with 20 years' experience who have the cyberpunk ethic already baked in. I stand by my decision — she's the best actress of her generation".

Paramount released a film of Mamoru Oshii visiting the studio, in which he says that Johansson exceeded his expectations for the role.

Producer Steven Paul addressed the controversy, referring to the setting of the film as "an international world", stating "There [are] all sorts of people and nationalities in the world in Ghost in the Shell. We're utilizing people from all over the world. There's Japanese in it. There's Chinese in it. There's English in it. There's Americans in it."

So we have the original movie, than SAC series, Arise series and now this.

Arise is a reboot that's still pretty recent so it's kinda weird to do 2 reboots at the same time with different origin stories.

I'm confused at where they are going with this.

Jamais entendu parlé de ça de ma vie, mais Scarlett Johansson devrait aider à la cause. Je payerai pas pour aller voir ça par contre.

J'ai adoré Blade Runner (et j'ai peur qu'ils scrappent le 2) je vais jeter un coup d'oeil à l'original alors.

Back