1.8L 8V G60 with AEB Block - lots of pics

Found a 02A to 02J conversion kit that someone purchased but never got to install. Bit of clean and lubrication and should be good to go. Perfect time to do this while the engine out. :D

Got the timing pulley cleaned and painted, just need to do the same to the intermittent shaft pulley.

Buddy of mine offered me a set of 15" x 6" Sebrings at my favourite price (free LOL), I just got to get them from Alberta to Ontario though.

Looking to do a custom lip to them:

Also going to need center caps

I lucked out on the wheel getting them for free from a co-worker :beer: , now I've got another co-worker driving back to NFLD next month and is going to drop them off for me :clap:

Picked up a 02A tranny from a 16V Passat, has a better gear ratio then the stock tranny. Bonus got a newer starter (which I needed) and another clutch with on 6,000 KM on it. The drawback was it was an 16hrs road trip to go get it in Windsor, Ontario.

No I hadn't thanks for the link :bigup: It's also posted on Ottawa VDubbing more details on the link you sent me though.

Pick up the Neuspeed Strut Bar thanks to ScHyZo :bigup: These were made for the VR6 but it will clear the G60 intake manifold with a bit of tweaking.:D

Ordered parts today so I can start putting the internals back together, new OEM conrod bolts, new oil pump, new water pump, oil pump priming tool, clutch alignment tool, rebuild kit for the 02J shifter plus a bunch of misc. parts.

Removed the intermittent shaft pulley from the PG block to test fit onto the AEB block, turn out that the PG pulley with need to be machined it's 2 thousands too small, secondly the keyway will need to be altered since the intermittent of the AEB pulley has the keyway built into the pulley. All part of a hybrid build.
PG on the left - AEB on the right

Close up of the AEB pulley

AEB intermittent shaft keyway is cut right thru the shaft.

Back