Ativan perscription on short notice

rollingsound

Hi guys, I have a big trip coming up and I've been not sleeping. Before anyone asks I've tried all the non medicinal avenues to handle it and they're not working. I've dealt with anxiety for a long time but this trip (and some other stuff) is really bothering me. So my question is if I show up to some random walk in clinic and state my case do you think I'll have problems getting a script written for Ativan? My GP is not available. Thanks guys

Tell them your GP has given you a prescription in the past when needed, but is on vaca so you went to a walk-in.

Any doctor can access your prescription history at your pharmacy by calling. So if you had a prescription in the not too distant past You'll get some.

But man, if it's for sleep try sublingual zolpidem (brand name Sublinox). This shit gets me the best sleep I've never had.

have you tried half a bottle/full bottle of zeequil with a shot of whiskey ? this shit knock you off in no time

She either puts you to sleep or gives you the weirdest boner.

Or both and you wake up with the weirdest boner.

win/win

It all depends on the doc, don't tell him you've had it before if you've never had any prescription. Talk about your anxiety, sleep problem and all that, he might wants to put you on antidepressant, but tell him you're looking for a more "temporary fix" since you're not feeling like crap that often. But keeps in mind, Ativan is serious shit and you should think twice about it before going down that road.

Don't expect to get Ativan easily like that. This is a benzo, it's highly addictive, it has a pretty long half life ( meaning it will still have an effect the following day ). If you want to get anything at all I'ld just avoid going to the doctor and ask "can I get some lorazepam buddy ?". You'ld just look like a junkie that want some free benzos.

Just say that you have some problems sleeping recently and the doctor will prescribe you something. Probably something that have close to no side effect but not really efficient either...try that first.

If it doesn't work after a few days then you go back and tell him....he'll try something a bit more powerful. Something like zopiclone or ambien. That should work.

If it's still not working then it's probably benzo time. Temazepam (restoril) will probably be the benzo of choice here....it will works but you don't want to use this for too long. You don't want to have benzo withdrawal symptoms...it's known to be worst than heroin to detox.

Good luck.

I got the Ativan, the reason I wanted that was because a big chunk of me not sleeping is fearing a panic attack on the flight, it's happened more than once and I usually just white knuckle it without disturbing anyone around me, but it sucks. The ativan can be used to get me to sleep if I'm dreading the flight and also can be used to pretty much stop anxiety and panic almost immediately if I have an attack in flight. A big part of not having a panic attack is knowing that you have something to knock it out with. This ironically can calm you to the point where you may not even need the pill itself. It sounds weird but it's true. This isn't long term. I only have a handful of pills. This is just to get me through the trip and then it's back to normal. I'm generally a bit more anxious than average but I totally handle it in my normal life without meds. Flights are the kind of thing I can't keep exposing myself too to get used to them unfortunately that'd be a bit too expensive lol.

Very true indeed. It is always good strategy to have a B plan *tu*
I got the Ativan, the reason I wanted that was because a big chunk of me not sleeping is fearing a panic attack on the flight, it's happened more than once and I usually just white knuckle it without disturbing anyone around me, but it sucks. The ativan can be used to get me to sleep if I'm dreading the flight and also can be used to pretty much stop anxiety and panic almost immediately if I have an attack in flight. A big part of not having a panic attack is knowing that you have something to knock it out with. This ironically can calm you to the point where you may not even need the pill itself. It sounds weird but it's true. This isn't long term. I only have a handful of pills. This is just to get me through the trip and then it's back to normal. I'm generally a bit more anxious than average but I totally handle it in my normal life without meds. Flights are the kind of thing I can't keep exposing myself too to get used to them unfortunately that'd be a bit too expensive lol.

Back