ticket in the mail for 150$ for parking

BooM

OK THIS IS PURE BULLSHIT,

So I was stopped behind a parked car on Rene-Lesveque like 3 months ago waiting for my friend. I WAS IN MY CAR! I understand if I was the only asshole blocking the no stopping zone that would of been stupid, but NO, I was stopped behind a parked car. So apparently some cop drove by, saw my car, didn't even bother telling me to move or anything, instead, he took my plate and sent me a ticket for 150$, 150$ for being fucking stopped in a lane I wasn't supposed to be stopped in, I mean, the guy must of been having a really shitty day, cuz if he came up to me and said, sir, don't stop here, I would of apologized and moved right away. But no, the asshole just drove by, took my plate number and sent me the ticket by mail. If the ticket was 50$ I would shut up and pay it, but no, now I have to pay 150$. I see these cops in NDG all the time and they always wait a minute to give the person a chance cuz everyone knows that a parking ticket for 150$ is really no fun, but NOOOOOO this cop downtown just drives around taking plates, it should be fucking illegal to send parking tickets by mail.

/end rant

I mean, I can but what am I supposed to say, I was stopped in the no stopping zone, thing is, as I said, there was a parked car in front of me so I wasn't the only person in that lane, my frustration comes from the fact that cops can just decide when they want to be nice and when they want to be TOTAL dicks, I mean, if I wasn't sitting in my damn car or if I was the only asshole blocking that lane, I'll shut up and pay it, but a parking ticket for 150$ without even having the decency to give it to me in person is some scummy ass police work from my point of view.

So, you were stopped in a no-stop zone. You knew that was a no-stop zone and are upset because you got a fine for being stopped in a no-stop zone?

Oif he came up to me and said, sir, don't stop here, I would of apologized and moved right away.

When speeding, do you also expect to be told to slow down insted of getting a ticket?

I understand this sucks for you, but I don't understand why you'd be upset at anyone else but your self.

as I said, there was a parked car in front of me so I wasn't the only person in that lane

What does that change? You probably both got the same ticket.

yea but when I see the same infraction being ignored all the damn time, they pull up behind you in NDG, they go BRUP BRUP with their sirens and people gtfo of the way and keep going with their day, why is it that they get away with it and others don't. BTW if I get pulled over speeding, at least the cops hands me the ticket in person and then I shut up and pay it, next time, blaze by an unmarked car at 140, get the ticket in the mail, take 24-48 hrs to remember when the hell you were going that fast and you wouldn't be pissed off that the cop didn't even have the decency to pull you over and do proper police work like hand you the ticket IN PERSON...

Same thing happened to me years ago, I contested but lost. Felt like an idiot, lost a day of work. Fuck MTL parking. I was stopped for three minutes dropping off my friend

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me years ago, I contested but lost. Felt like an idiot, lost a day of work. Fuck MTL parking. I was stopped for three minutes dropping off my friend

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you, at least someone understands my frustration lol

The question i have is:

Is a no stop infraction, a parking infraction ?? or another type of infraction

A parking infraction can be given to the owner of the car

other infraction have the be given to the driver at that time (except photoradar ticket)

if the driver was not identified ... to bad

what was the article you have violated ?

Just checking ..but i would say the ticket seem fair ...you where stopped in a no stop zone and you seem to know that it was the case

Last edited:
You stopped in a no stopping zone and got a ticket.

And the issue is?

Stop somewhere where it's permissible to do so next time.

Sent via smoke signals

Man-up OP

Take responsibility for your actions.

There's a law, and you choose to disregard it.

Cop has no responsibility to see you in person, he's not a customer service agent.

Back