Need help : Cell phone plan + device inquiry

Snail

Banned
Hey all,

After having my cell phone paid for about 5 years, I now need to pay for my own plan. Mommy said that she's fed up with my sh!t.

ok, not true; I'm leaving a workplace that paid my bills. But I know next to nothing about cell phones and I'd like a little advice from you guys.

- I give almost no f*cks about phones and generally hate phones, and I suck with technology, but I need one so...
- I really don't want to spend much, so about $30-$50 / mo., and what $350 for the phone? I dunno, somthing cheap.
- I have had an iPhone 5S for a while now, and have gotten used to its size and functionality.
- I want something lightweight and small enough to fit with minimal discomfort in my pockets.
- ...but with a screen bigger than a BlackBerry Bold.
- The only feature I really like is a good camera. Something with a decent lense. My iPhone 5S was pretty good for that.
- It's gotta be reliable. No blue screen of death or Galaxy explosion blackhole in ma pocket sh!t.
- I wouldn't mind the same phone I had, but I think there are better phones for less money than an iPhone 5S.
- I've heard of phones that could accept 2 SIM cards; that could be cool as I sometimes travel internationally.

Plan-wise :
- Unlimited talk/text preferred.
- 2 Go. of data preferred.

Essentially, I'm looking for a Corolla S of cellphones. Cheap, and unimpressive, but reliable, low running costs and does all the basics very well. With a great camera, 'cause you know, I'm big on the ducklips selfies and poor parking job thread.

What can you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Get a 2gb plan from any low cost provider : Koodo Fido or Virgin BYOD. Wil probably cost less than 40$ a month. As for the phone, are you open to buying used ? If yes, look for a used iPhone, otherwise, the LG G4 is probably your best bet.

I was told LG phones were problematic and unreliable. True?

Also, a rep recommended mmended me a Huawei nova plus.

I was told LG phones were problematic and unreliable. True?

Also, a rep recommended mmended me a Huawei nova plus.

He's probably getting a spiff to sell these. That being said, it's still a nice phone, rather solid reviews, but I'm not sure of how well it's going to age considering the CPU it has.

Anybody having problems logging into Fido.ca? My current bill has a $30+ overcharge and I need to
find out what's wrong or tear up the plan. I saw the billing details and they make no sense.
Using a basic $25 per month voice and text.

Back