Lexus is 250 AWD 2009-2011 Yay or Nay??

-manu-

Legacy Member
So I'm looking for a second car just to go from home to work when I don't have the company vehicle. I already have a 4runner for the family and long trips. Anything else similar to suggest? Willing to spend between 10k and 15k on a car that won't cost me an arm and a leg to maintain. Thanks. :D:D:D

i dont know man , g37x must be fun till you have to gas every week, not a small gas tank either. If you have a 10k-15k budget, means you probably dont have deep pockets for gas either, something to consider.

Corolla is fun to drive? Doubt it...

10-15k, can get you from home to work, cheap maintenance.

Otherwise, why not a manual is250 rwd? More fun to drive and less parts can go wrong than on a awd automatic car.

10-15k, can get you from home to work, cheap maintenance.

Otherwise, why not a manual is250 rwd? More fun to drive and less parts can go wrong than on a awd automatic car.

True but I already have something similar that I hate on a daily, a 99 camry. I told myself 2 years ago I would just wait till it dies. It will just not die and I cringe everytime I get in. So I've been checkin g37x and I think I'm sold. I'm going to check on out later today.

i dont know man , g37x must be fun till you have to gas every week, not a small gas tank either. If you have a 10k-15k budget, means you probably dont have deep pockets for gas either, something to consider.

Having a budget does not mean I can't afford gas. It's the price I would like to pay for a second car. I will do about 5k a year with this car. So gas consumption is not an issue at all.

Yup. this.

I had my G37x for like 4 years, about 16-18k km a year, i was putting about 80-100$ per week of gaz in it. vs the S4, i drop 50-60$ of gaz a week. Same fn KM. My nephew bought one used G37xs and he's freaking about how much this car is like alcoholic on happy hour.

But still, fun car to play with.

True but I already have something similar that I hate on a daily, a 99 camry. I told myself 2 years ago I would just wait till it dies. It will just not die and I cringe everytime I get in. So I've been checkin g37x and I think I'm sold. I'm going to check on out later today.

Keep the camry, more confortable than any entry level modern premium car.

Problem is the sound you get out of the vq. I always push my car to over 4k rpm. I guess you gotta pay to play.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I get 10.3-10.8 average L/100km from each fill-up but I dont drive in traffic. On the cruise control at 118 kmh highway gets mid-8's.
In town with lots of stop and go it drinks a lot. If you like to beat on it it drinks a lot.

It's a REALLY fun car to drive, it really is a true sports sedan. The "X" isn't like other AWD cars as it's RWD until you actually need front traction. It drives 95% like a RWD.

The peak you see in my fuel economy history is the day I went to Napierville :D

2016-11-14%2007.35.06.jpg

^ That's better than my 3.0 inline 6 with 215hp, not bad at all.

Also, just because someone doesn't want to spend a ton on a car doesn't mean they can't afford gas.

Also, just because someone doesn't want to spend a ton on a car doesn't mean they can't afford gas.

This.

Dans mon cas c'est le contraire, vu que je me suis acheté un char used pas cher il me reste pas mal de lousse pour autres choses! :)

I get 10.3-10.8 average L/100km from each fill-up but I dont drive in traffic. On the cruise control at 118 kmh highway gets mid-8's.
In town with lots of stop and go it drinks a lot. If you like to beat on it it drinks a lot.

It's a REALLY fun car to drive, it really is a true sports sedan. The "X" isn't like other AWD cars as it's RWD until you actually need front traction. It drives 95% like a RWD.

The peak you see in my fuel economy history is the day I went to Napierville :D

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/mtl9c1/2016-11-14 07.35.06.jpg

I've had my g37x for 2 weeks now and I absolutley love it. I've averaged 12L/100kms but I do traffic every morning for the champlain bridge and traffic at night too.

Get about 480 kms to a tank (gased up twice so far (78$ and 73$ full tank with the gas light on)

Back