Plating a QC car in Ontario

goshko

Est-ce qu'on doit passer par une inspection mécanique du véhicule comme lorsque l'on plaque une voiture de l'Ontario au Québec ?

J'ai déjà fais plaquer 3 véhicules au QC qui était de l'Ontario ... what a stupid fucking process... it's Canada not Iran for christ sake.

Sur le site de l'Ontario sa en fait aucune mention.... could it be this easy ?

Man o Man QC is so fucked it's not even funny boys

It is that easy. As MTV said, Safety + E-test. Then enjoy laughing how it costs nothing in comparo to Quebekistan.

Having a car in Quebec is cheap and the saaq inspection is really easy, can't complain too much.

I had to go through that when I moved to Ontario. IMO it's more of a pain in the ass to move your Quebec car to Ontario than the other way around because they add an E-TEST. Just another cash grab and pain in the ass. Plus they hate Quebec cars, when I was trying to sell or trade in my car I'd get issues when I mentioned it's from Quebec. People and dealers know we have no safety or emissions test so they think we all drive pieces of shit cars. If you see a dealer selling a car from Quebec in Ontario they actually spell it out on the add that the car was previously from Quebec. It blew my mind.

J'ai un exemple quand tu amene du quebec vers alberta sa se ressemble pas mal pour l'ontario plus le E-test ! ai tu veux je peux te l'envoyer par courriel jai le pdf officiel de tous se qu'il inspecte

edit je viens de le convertir en jpg !

aa74dbd4eb0b1bd336ef0710b3d7d24a.jpg

0fa2e58fa83c6fb9f46566bcd079be87.jpg

a3bbb4abe541738163636b09c91bba78.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It is that easy. As MTV said, Safety + E-test. Then enjoy laughing how it costs nothing in comparo to Quebekistan.

lol

I pay 200$ /month for insurance for a clean record. You might save 100$ a year on registration and license but you're 100% gonna get rekt on insurance.

but off topic...

You need safety and e-test to be done.

MTV is right... and it's easy.

Bringing your car to Ontario should be the last of your worries. Focus on where to live and having a good job.. and hopefully commute is not crap.

I moved 2 years ago to Ontario. No regrets other than stupid home prices.

MTV is right... and it's easy.

Bringing your car to Ontario should be the last of your worries. Focus on where to live and having a good job.. and hopefully commute is not crap.

I moved 2 years ago to Ontario. No regrets other than stupid home prices.

That and crazy insurance rates..

lol

I pay 200$ /month for insurance for a clean record. You might save 100$ a year on registration and license but you're 100% gonna get rekt on insurance.

but off topic...

Maybe you should change companies? My sister pays 50$ a month full on a V8 R design XC-90... And she doesn't have that clean of a record (Ottawa)

Maybe you should change companies? My sister pays 50$ a month full on a V8 R design XC-90... And she doesn't have that clean of a record (Ottawa)

Good for your sister but the general consensus is that insurance is more expensive in Ontario generally.

I'm in the Windsor area, with a bunch of BS, I cross into Michigan daily, and cover over 50k km/year. Best I got was 400+ for TD Meloche, Aviva, belair, etc. Intact was the only sub 250 quote. I'll be taking a company lease soon just because they pay for insurance and that will put me 200$/month ahead.

I'm in the Windsor area, with a bunch of BS, I cross into Michigan daily, and cover over 50k km/year. Best I got was 400+ for TD Meloche, Aviva, belair, etc. Intact was the only sub 250 quote. I'll be taking a company lease soon just because they pay for insurance and that will put me 200$/month ahead.

Yeah prices sound about right
50$/month in ontario for xc90....
its unusually low, like much to low, unless it's insured with a fake address in qc wich we see all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience the cost of insurance for me dropped each time I moved.

Montréal (West Island) was most expensive, Gatineau was cheaper, Ottawa is really cheap. We pay around $900/yr on a $50k car with full coverage and 5 year replacement value.

Back