Best place for lunch (west island)

XxH3L10SxX

Me and the guys are always looking for new places to try for lunch.
other than the main things name some places that are not only good food but a decent price as well.

Discuss.....

I used to go to Pastamore and Gicanu all the time. Both are in a little mall on de-Salaberry, can't remember the name. Pastamore has really good pasta (full portion Penne Gigi ftw) and Gicanu has good roasted chicken, potatoes etc...

There's a nice Indian place on Hymus near the corner of St-John's. I think it's called Sahib. Only Indian food I like is from there.

I used to work at metro pizza on St-Charles, nothing special but probably the best pizza around for delivery. Not worth to eat there though it's ugly.

Bar B Barn sur Des Sources pour des vraies ribs comme dans le temps
pis un decor comme dans le temps
avec des serveuses qui ont fait du temps :)

Brasserie le Manoir on St-Jean used to be a great place to grab a bacon burger and a beer... Haven't been there in years though.

Brasserie le Manoir on St-Jean used to be a great place to grab a bacon burger and a beer... Haven't been there in years though.

Since Serkagakis bought the place it's no longer affordable or that great. He's changed the menu 3-4 times and removed a lot of popular items to streamline it to stationsports. The new renovations are okay as they kept the charm but jesus the 100 tvs on the walls is super annoying. A lot of the old timers jumped ship and started heading to La Residence in Pierrefonds but then Seragakis bought that place as well and is doing the same. You can't get quart bottles anymore and he only sells Labatt products.

40wwest has a good lunch menu and isn't that pricey... Just stay away from ordering 6 martinis...

Sanspreso is great for lunch, amazing sandwhichs in Blue Haven mall.

I enjoy Pastamore, under 12$ you can get a heaping portion of pasta, drink and bread.

Bar B Barn sur Des Sources pour des vraies ribs comme dans le temps
pis un decor comme dans le temps
avec des serveuses qui ont fait du temps :)

I went there a while back with my father and his buddies. His buddy commented "They haven't changed the decor since it was a tavern in the 70s" I found the food over priced and horrid. Perhaps it's because I can visit Le Boucan and pay less for better food and atmosphere... Places like Bar B Barn pander to the old crowd. I don't know anyone my age that frequents it. TBH my visit there was the first since I was a kid in the mid 90s.

Back