This email is a scam! (Leaving this up for others in case)

JoeyV

SOLVED - This is a scam email. Do not click link.

Just got an email that's seems too legit to be legit...but since the only Apple product I've ever owned in my life is a used iPhone 4 to process Square payments...I have my doubts. What do you guys think?

The link in the email isn't an https link, so I'm not clicking it, but the email behind the red blocks is mine, and I do have an Apple ID associated to that email.

15697522_10154081801631674_2993657771032459747_n.jpg

I'm usually pretty observant and on point when it comes to spotting scam emails, but this one has me questioning it.

EDIT - I goggled the email it came from, the person does exist and has a page on linkden, which ads to the confusion for me.

Last edited:
Just log on apple.ca and check?

Most likely a scam, google the sender's email too.

j'ai pas penser me logger et checker mon compte Apple. Merci! En effet, c'est un scam et rien n'a ete acheter a mon compte.

Thanks guys. Mon derp moment est fini.

SOLVED - This is a scam email. Do not click link.

Just got an email that's seems too legit to be legit...but since the only Apple product I've ever owned in my life is a used iPhone 4 to process Square payments...I have my doubts. What do you guys think?

The link in the email isn't an https link, so I'm not clicking it, but the email behind the red blocks is mine, and I do have an Apple ID associated to that email.

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=356d94c7ceec72c567f0883adc19cdcf&oe=59206458

I'm usually pretty observant and on point when it comes to spotting scam emails, but this one has me questioning it.

EDIT - I goggled the email it came from, the person does exist and has a page on linkden, which ads to the confusion for me.

Checked that link using the Linux master race OS + Tor browser to be sure (not necessary but in case they track)

Removing the trailing index.php part hits a very convincing & also unsecured phishing page that looks like this:

ZYkY5rs56QmoAa2vxQMwrLtxEeIuyzOEqR7tFnvdAFl_94eSDw37LxUQaVBqvgwVJxjegd6usXaD9STOINScoa5jobrF7cAh5Q=w1920-h1080-rw-no

None of the links at the top of the page (mac-ipad-iphone-watch-TV-music-support-search etc.) work. This was the first thing to check as well as the link not being secure:

0pRrU9MgbeT9hCaamzs7PTuhq9yz4HDEPi2hvu53FGJg1zgbmWACUo1lFXdVec2sl3bG3Di6o6pa6--O35HuRj81WeFg9ntQIg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

Note that it's normal for the Tor browser to show as "firefox" when the security properties are displayed.

85u8SYz5_FTrbEeC4C9xd381tydyju_IiutIRRguusWrDyGvzE6diD9EO9QJeHfq54jndPhn4SIjALKr8NZGjqd7JO2oToNlMA=w1920-h1080-rw-no

I'm not sure what their PHP code does with an email address like shown in OP's link.

Be safe, there are new and better scams every day. The fuckers...

99% of the time the sender's address will give it away instantly. SomeGuy@SomethingSomethingDarkSide is not good. this one is @...ont.ca. pretty sure apple doesn't use that.
the other 1%, you look at the link where the site redirects.

moi je recois des scam assez solide de Paypal, tout tout tout a l'air legit, seule maniere s'est d'être sur un ordi et de placer la sourie sur le lien pour voir vers quelle adresse le lien mène.

Sont fort pareil les ti-coune en cote d'ivoire. ils doivent en pogner une méchante gang s'ils sont moindrements naif/pas top avec les ordis.

lol

sous-domaine.nom-du-site-en-sous-domaine.domaine-pas-legit.com

C'est le dernier avant le ".com/ca/fr/etc" qu'il faut vérifier.

Si le domaine est pas legit (ici apple.com) dont touch that shit.

Even if links in email looks good, mousing over them usually shows a different url on the bottom. Should send that email to apple's fraud department, I do that to all scammers claiming to be a legit company. Since I can't stab them in the neck and watch them die slowly with that special look on their faces knowing that this is the end of the ride. Happy holidays

Back