Car starter causing grind noise when turning key to acc position

goshko

Any car starter gurus here ?

My sister just bought a car with 32 000 kms and when she uses the starter to start the car the starter makes a griding noise when the key is turned on/off the acc position.

Car does not make any grinding noise when starting and makes no grinding noise at all when the key is used to start the car.

Are you sure its the starter? Because if its just when she put the key to acc its maybe something else.

If it's really the starter that is doing that noise on ACC position ( without turning to START position ) it's most likely an electrical problem with the ignition switch itself.

A car with 32 000 kms should be under waranty unless it's too old ?

If it's really the starter that is doing that noise on ACC position ( without turning to START position ) it's most likely an electrical problem with the ignition switch itself.

A car with 32 000 kms should be under waranty unless it's too old ?
2013 yes still under warranty.

Noise only happens when the car is turned on with the starter. Once the car is started and i put the key in its makes a grinding noise when key is turned to acc.

If i start the car with the key car makes no noise at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What kind of car ? It seems to me like a car that doesn't have starter override protection and it attempts to crank while the car is already on.

Le dealer va pas garantir le remote starter.... sauf si c'est lui qui la installé ou à limite vendu l'auto selon les termes et ententes.

Back