Recherche évaluateur pour moto - SAAQ

Snail

Banned
J'ai même pas pris le temps de checker voir si le sujet exists déjà.

À date, j'en ai un qui charge $100 et se déplace, mais je payer le moyen cher, en taux et en taxe (bien évidemment)

Any suggestions?

La moto en question est sur Décarie.

C'est deux choses différentes. Évaluation de la valeur pour les vieilles motos n'importe quel dealer peut le faire pour 20-40$ en lui montrant des photos de la moto. Inspection SAAQ ça ressemble à ça 80-100$, si le gars se déplace pour inspection SAAQ, 100$ c'est pas cher.

La p'tite madame SAAQ m'a tendu 2 cartes me précisant que soit doit être un évaluateur certifié.

Le gars en question m'a soumissionné $100 pour me donner la valeur de ma moto.

Cependant, j'entrepose ma moto Honda chez un dealer Honda. Tu me dos qu'ils sont en mesure de faire une évaluation qui sera reconnu à la SAAQ?

Donne nous ta situation au complet et on pourra mieux te répondre. Moto achetée où? Moto remisée? Quelle année? enregistrée au Québec avant?

Only need an evaluator if you want to insure more than what replacement is worth.

If you want to register the bike under your name, you only need a garage estimate of value- easy to get and cost approx $20- most bike garages can hook you up.

as Broody said- explain what you are trying to do and we may be able to answer better

as Broody said- explain what you are trying to do and we may be able to answer better

Donne nous ta situation au complet et on pourra mieux te répondre. Moto achetée où? Moto remisée? Quelle année? enregistrée au Québec avant?

1982 Honda CB750K acheté d'un gars en Ontario, plaqué Ontario.

...en été 2015 et toujours pas transféré à mon nom. (ma négligence bien sûr) Raison : elle ne partait plus et je voulais faire plusieurs choses dessus avant de procéder à toute la patente SAAQ, la faire inspecter, etc. Finalement, j'ai manqué de temps, j'ai abandonné et je l'ai amené chez Honda Excel près de Orange Julep pour arranger les petits bobos que j'ai pas le temps ni l'expertise, ni les outils ou l'espace de faire.

J'ai appelé l'équivalent de la SAAQ en Ontario pour être sûr que la moto pouvait toujours être plaquée sans problème; tout est beau.

Tout fonctionne bien dessus, c'est une moto non-modifiée, totalement stock. Il manque les mirroirs dessus (parce que l'autre propriétaire est un badass) mais évidemment je vais en mettre avant de la faire inspecter bien sûr.

Présentement, elle est toujours chez Honda Excel, en remisage, et elle est en attente de se faire réparer.

On m'a expliqué que vue que c'est un 1982, elle tombe dans l'historique et doit être évalué, mais c'est une Honda CB750K; c'est comme l'Accord des moto. J'imagine que ça ne sera rien de cher.

Only need an evaluator if you want to insure more than what replacement is worth.

If you want to register the bike under your name, you only need a garage estimate of value- easy to get and cost approx $20- most bike garages can hook you up.

Why did Mrs. SAAQ tell me that it needed to be a certified evaluator? I called a guy and he quoted me $100. For sure I'll just tell Honda Excel to evaluate it for me, if they'll charge $20. lol

J'ai trouvé ce sujet en ligne qui date d'un an, apparement ils voulaient exiger l'évaluation d'un évaluateur agréé GAA mais ont reculé donc le papier de dealer louche à 20$ devrait encore marcher (peut être 40$ chez Excel because gros dealer). Appelle la SAAQ avant pour confirmer
http://www.ridaventure.ca/index.php...vehicule-de-plus-de-25-ans-1er-decembre-2015/

Pour l'inspection SAAQ, j'avais été à un centre d'inspection de camion mandaté SAAQ sur la 40 dans le coin de la 25, facile de t'y rendre depuis Décarie

Et watch out la facture que excel va te sortir pour les réparations! J'ai une vieille moto que j'aime mais dès que tu vas au dealer une fois ou deux pour de la mécanique ça finit par coûter plus cher à rouler qu'une moto récente. Moi les carbus cest finit après mon actuelle, surtout quand tu en as 4 et que tu veux pas les régler toi même, quoi que en 5 ans je l'ai fait faire une fois et depuis ça roule.

Last edited:
J'ai trouvé ce sujet en ligne qui date d'un an, apparement ils voulaient exiger l'évaluation d'un évaluateur agréé GAA mais ont reculé donc le papier de dealer louche à 20$ devrait encore marcher (peut être 40$ chez Excel because gros dealer). Appelle la SAAQ avant pour confirmer
http://www.ridaventure.ca/index.php...vehicule-de-plus-de-25-ans-1er-decembre-2015/

Pour l'inspection SAAQ, j'avais été à un centre d'inspection de camion mandaté SAAQ sur la 40 dans le coin de la 25, facile de t'y rendre depuis Décarie

Et watch out la facture que excel va te sortir pour les réparations! J'ai une vieille moto que j'aime mais dès que tu vas au dealer une fois ou deux pour de la mécanique ça finit par coûter plus cher à rouler qu'une moto récente. Moi les carbus cest finit après mon actuelle, surtout quand tu en as 4 et que tu veux pas les régler toi même, quoi que en 5 ans je l'ai fait faire une fois et depuis ça roule.

Disons que je suis assez méfiant de faire réparer ça au dealer, mais bon, je suis vraiment mal pris en appartement. Ce printemps je déménage à la Rive Sud dans une maison avec un garage, assez d'espace pour jouer avec et apprendre.

C'est ma première expérience en moto, donc je verrai qu'est que ça sera.

email me and I can give you my contact in laval who can get you an dealer evaluation for SAAQ for $25 and then even fix your vintage bike.

Bike evaluations are a real joke! It's made to stimulate the economy. Nothing else. You don't need photos or to bring in the bike in question. You show the guy your reggies and tell him how much you want it valued at.

Anybody can do it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Bike evaluations are a real joke! It's made to stimulate the economy. Nothing else. You don't need photos or to bring in the bike in question. You show the guy your reggies and tell him how much you want it valued at.

Anybody can do it.

I can tell you that this really not the case, at all.

They are a joke for sure- but still need to be done by a willing dealer. Most dealers will ask to see the bike- trust me I know- but when you find a place that will do them - bike unseen, they want minimum a picture and the reggie.
They have to put their dealer stamp on the paper and the dealer stamp needs to exist.
again- ask me how I know.

U got a turd at the SAAQ who tried to make their friends' business some money. In fact I'd like to know the names of the only 2 places they accept this paper / stamp from lol

Its not a stamp they're after. Its just a legit header n signature from any shop.

The reality is that every dealer I dealt with never even asked to see the bike. Ask me how I know... I own n run a reputable motorcycle riding school n an evaluation is just there to collect taxes on a bike that no longer exists in their book.

So if I have a Ninja 1987 750r with old titles, like not registered since 2001, what is the process? And the bike is running but I need someone to tune the carburator, where do I go?

So if I have a Ninja 1987 750r with old titles, like not registered since 2001, what is the process? And the bike is running but I need someone to tune the carburator, where do I go?
I believe the $$$ evaluation is for bikes over 25 yrs old.

Fix your bike up right then go get it mechanically inspected at an saaq authorized place (google pk auto) n then get the evaluation paper at any dealer n then go plate it at the SAAQ with those two bits of paper n ur reggies.

Edit: do the evaluation first then mech. inspection since the SAAQ is right next door to pk auto

Last edited:
running a riding school has nothing to do with transferring ownership of bikes 25 years and older, unless you buy old bikes for the school- that would be kinda neat actually- retro riding school.

anyways I stand by the 20 odd transfers that I have done in the past years- pre revenu Quebec shake up- during the RQ fiasco and just recently.

YOU NEED to go to a bike dealer- where IN MOST CASES the want to see the bike (marque dealers usually) and the will write you up an evaluation so that the SAAQ can tax you on the behalf of RQ. NOW if you have a friendly bike shop who is registered as a dealer- he MAY just accept a picture of you bike and serial number and write up an evaluation at the price you request- with this paper- you can go to the SAAQ to register your bike.

I didn't need to have a riding school to discover all of this above info.

And I assure you that this is the way its done.

along with what I wrote for SAAQ registration- you can look up on Kijiji ads- there are some bike shops that specialize in old school carbs and fix er ups.

Moto Experts in laval has worked on these old bikes as well.

running a riding school has nothing to do with transferring ownership of bikes 25 years and older, unless you buy old bikes for the school- that would be kinda neat actually- retro riding school.

anyways I stand by the 20 odd transfers that I have done in the past years- pre revenu Quebec shake up- during the RQ fiasco and just recently.

YOU NEED to go to a bike dealer- where IN MOST CASES the want to see the bike (marque dealers usually) and the will write you up an evaluation so that the SAAQ can tax you on the behalf of RQ. NOW if you have a friendly bike shop who is registered as a dealer- he MAY just accept a picture of you bike and serial number and write up an evaluation at the price you request- with this paper- you can go to the SAAQ to register your bike.

I didn't need to have a riding school to discover all of this above info.

And I assure you that this is the way its done.
You should maybe go see other dealers n shops if they're asking to see the bike for an evaluation.

I don't break my head with crap like that. I tell em what I want printed n that's that.

You are paying for a simple piece of paper that takes 2 minutes to print n sign. We're not talking about a mechanical inspection here!

You should maybe go see other dealers n shops if they're asking to see the bike for an evaluation.

I don't break my head with crap like that. I tell em what I want printed n that's that.

You are paying for a simple piece of paper that takes 2 minutes to print n sign. We're not talking about a mechanical inspection here!

yup spoke with about a dozen people over 2 years, all the same story- that is the procedure- I don't make the rules.
I have a good garage- he doesn't ask to see the bike- but anywhere else- first time customers- its the way its done.

either way- no matter for you or me- seems that we are set, just want to send others on their first experience with the right info- that's all.

Back