Donald John Trump is no longer president: what does it mean for you?

Oh look, Spaceman Spiff ignoring the main argument and focusing on the trivial, must be a day that ends in "y".

I lurk for the most part these days because of asshats like you. People actually take the time to form coherent arguments (for an Off Topic section of a car forum) and then they are graced with the buffoonery that are your responses.

If you take notice, I addressed my response to Stirl to save him the time and frustration, to inform him that he's dealing with someone who's a few watts short of a light bulb when it comes to debating topics such as these. The insult as you see it was not the main goal of the post, but the explanation as to why he might not want to further engage.
If you take notice, i wasn't replying to you but was addressing the others to inform them that you are still an asshole. I forgot to add that they shouldn't waste their time arguing with a delusional nutjob who lives in an alternate reality and likes to make up rules to win an argument.

There shit but they're still better than Youtube channels ran by nutjobs.

mmeeehhhh

tenor.gif

MSM is ran by nutjobs so the only difference is which screen you view it on

The actual intellectual elite has in youtube a media and a reach that is impossible with MSM. If one chooses to waste time with fanatics thirsty for clics, that’s on them. There are gems to be found. I guess you have to be interested in what smarter people have to say to find them?

Illegal immigration costs the US well over $50 billion/year. Wall could cost $25 billion. Stop illegal immigration and the wall's paid for in no time. Where do most illegal immigrant enter? Mexico. Boom, Mexico just paid for the wall.

Interesting way of seeing things. Saying Mexico will pay for the wall by reducing the fiscal burden of americans if they don't immigrate illegally. It's like saying (hypothetical numbers): we spend 500M/year on border security. If we spend 5B on a wall, that cost will go down to 100M/year, effectively saving 400M/year making the wall pay itself in a few years.... Thing is, it's still american people that have this fiscal burden. It's not Mexico injecting any money into the system.

Why don't they charge people to get in, no matter who it is ? 1-5$/person/crossing ? Surely that would pay for the wall. Like a toll system on a private highway ?

You're right, I purposely significantly lowered the number that illegal immigration costs the US. It's closer to $200 billion/year. Surely 25% of that is because of illegal immigration through Mexico.

In 2016, Mexicans made up approximately 50% of illegal US immigrants.

Were you okay with George Bush's $2.3 billion border wall that Obama and Hillary Clinton supported?

Section of wall ok. Big wall racist. Got it.

that number is highly debated depending on your source, but 200B is way over the top everywhere I looked. In any case, what people seem to forget is that illegal immigrants still stimulate the economy by taking the shit jobs americans don't want to do. Most of them barely make minimum wage and would be classified as the poorest population. Their taxes wouldn't account for much anyway. not saying they shouldn't pay them and that I am ok of them leeching off some parts of the system, but still. Which part of the system are they leeching from ? schools, roads ? It's not like they are crossing into the US, getting on welfare and doing jack shit all day. Then on the other hand, you have Trump signing a 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut to the rich...

Because people have used the wall as a reason to call Trump racist more than they've given any other reason for objection.

Democrats will claim it's about money, but that's pure nonsense as the last Democrat President DOUBLED the country's debt in 8 years. Liberals do nothing better than spending money that's not there. For a country with a $600 billion annual military budget, the cost of the wall is a drop in the bucket. There are plenty of reasons to oppose a wall between allied countries. Money isn't near the top of that list.

Yes, Obama doubled the debt, but one could argue he got elected in 2009, right in the middle of the global financial crisis. He did what he had to do to get the economy back up and running.

I honestly think if Trump would have worded his demands differently from the beginning and been a fair player, he would have gotten what he wants. He's so hellbent on pissing off the democrats and bullying his way into anything that he forgot he's not alone in this. He pissed off a lot of people and now some are just sticking it to him. It's childish politics, but this is the state of it today. The dems will probably block anything he does for the rest of his term now, just to piss him off...

Again... it makes for entertaining TV.

I honestly think if Trump would have worded his demands differently from the beginning and been a fair player, he would have gotten what he wants. He's so hellbent on pissing off the democrats and bullying his way into anything that he forgot he's not alone in this. He pissed off a lot of people and now some are just sticking it to him. It's childish politics, but this is the state of it today. The dems will probably block anything he does for the rest of his term now, just to piss him off...

Again... it makes for entertaining TV.
Trump could have traded wall funding for DACA. Most democrats would have caved in if he had offered something they wanted in exchange.

Trump could have traded wall funding for DACA. Most democrats would have caved in if he had offered something they wanted in exchange.

Trump doesn't like a deal where he's not clearly a "winner". If the deal benefits both parties 50/50, he's not interested. His loss really because I think you're right.

This is the conclusion of Trump's own Drug Enforcement Agency, in their 2018 threat assessment, which says that "only a small percentage of heroin" was seized along the land border, while "the majority of the flow...is through legal ports of entry"

DwZLkEIWsAA__7A.jpg

Edited to add infographic.

DwZiK_hWoAAKrhS.jpg

Last edited:
@spaceman spiff fak si tu me dis ke les mexicains y rentre aek dla drogue tu vas vas encore dire fuck le mur???? bin oui sa rentre par bateau so c'est toute les mesure qui faut prendre pour controler le pays

@spaceman spiff fak si tu me dis ke les mexicains y rentre aek dla drogue tu vas vas encore dire fuck le mur???? bin oui sa rentre par bateau so c'est toute les mesure qui faut prendre pour controler le pays
Je dis que l'argument que le mur va nuire au traffic de drogue est fallacieux et erroné. Tsé un avion ça vole par dessus les murs. Pis les bateaux font le tour du mur. Pis les trucks passent par les routes parce que les agences frontalières n'ont pas les ressources pour inspecter plus que 10% du traffic routier.

Faque non, ton mur servira à pas grand chose contre les trafiquants de drogue.

So Democrats have a telegenic, charismatic rising star who turns to gold absolutely everything she touches at the moment but they go with this

Dwb2I1PXgAAj3hi

To respond to Trump.

Words fail me.

Back