Donald John Trump is no longer president: what does it mean for you?

Wait, I am not leaning against any side for now as I did not do my due diligence at all towards this circus, but is it just me who finds it quite laughable that Trump would of said the exact sentence « There must not be any quid pro quo »?

I mean, the medias are the ones who started using the latin expression « quid pro quo » for a matter of convenience when trying to quickly summarize explanations etc...and now, how convenient, Trump, the guy who can barely use proper basic English, used the exact latin expression while talking casually over the phone?

Lmao how convenient! To be clear, I am not debating on whether or not he expected a favor in return of anything, in fact I wouldn’t even have flinched if we got told that Trump said something like « I do not expect any favor in return », but let’s be real, the simple fact that Trump would have conveniently used the exact latin expression makes it soooooooo cheesy it’s not even funny, it makes it look like a falsified testimony only Trump could be capable of :laugh:

- Medias : Trump would have done a quid pro quo peanut jellybean

- Testimony : Trump said the exact sentence « There must not be any quid pro quo peanut jellybean »

This can’t be serious :laugh: :laugh:

Bhahaha seems like I am not the only one who got annoyed by the « evidence » fabricated by a 8 year old kid which revealed that Trump conveniently said the exact sentence : « There must not be any Qui Pro Quo » :laugh: :laugh:

Sondland testified that 0n September 9, Trump told him “I want no quid pro quo.” That Trump was aware that an intelligence officer had accused him of such behavior — after spending a summer “enthusiastically” pressuring Ukraine to conduct investigations that would aid his reelection — suggests that the conversation with Sondland, who testified that there was a quid pro quo, was meant more as a bailout plan than as an honest confession to a U.N. ambassador in over his head. And as Daily Kos points out, there’s a smaller concern related to the choice of language from the president with a limited vocabulary: “Trump using such precise language without being prompted was always a question mark because he clearly doesn’t bat around Latin phrases very often.”

https://apple.news/AnSbziedRTE63MaNASCgxoA

249579dd01e5d9a04755c264e61a72da.gif

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Anyone has more details in what their differences were? (Trump v Spencer)

Proceedings were initiated by a review board that may have resulted in Gallagher being stripped of his seal insignia (the trident) Trump decided and posted on Twitter that, for some reason (mostly political; ie catering to his base), he wouldn't allow this to happen. For context, this was after Trump overruled Gallagher's demotion to a lesser rank. The demotion was basically the outcome of Gallagher's flawed murder trial.

Spencer felt strongly that the president's interference (in spite of his prerogative as commander in chief) ahead of the proceedings undermined his role as secretary of the navy and sent the wrong message ( ie contrary to good order and discipline at large)

This was his publicly stated position. Part of the issue is that he went over his boss's head and tried to negotiate with the White House for Gallagher to retire and keep his status. Spencer's boss, Esper, didn't like him breaking the chain of command and fired him.

TLDR: Polling showed that there was likely an overlap between trump supporters and fans of the movie Zero Dark Thirty. Trump decided that a good way to "show support" for the men and women of America's armed Forces is by intervening in cases of alleged war criminals. Because even when seals go rogue, they're still seals and this must be celebrated somehow.

Here's what he was alleged to have committed according to wikipedia:

Chief Gallagher was accused of multiple offenses during his final deployment to Iraq and during the Battle for Mosul. The most prominent accusation and the best-attested to was the murder of a prisoner of war, a war crime.[6] A captured young fighter of the Islamic State (also known as ISIL, ISIS, and Daesh) was being treated by a medic. According to two SEAL witnesses, Gallagher said over the radio "he's mine" and walked up to the medic and prisoner, and without saying a word killed the prisoner by stabbing him repeatedly with his hunting knife. Gallagher and his commanding officer, Lieutenant Jake Portier, then posed for photographs of them standing over the body with some other nearby SEALs. Gallagher then text messaged a fellow SEAL a picture of the dead captive with the explanation "Good story behind this, got him with my hunting knife.”[6]

Another accusation was that Gallagher's sniper work during his 2017 deployment became indiscriminate, reckless, and bloodthirsty. He allegedly fired his rifle far more frequently than other snipers;[2] according to testimony, the other snipers in the platoon did not consider him a good sniper, and he took "random shots" into buildings.[1] Other snipers said they witnessed Gallagher taking at least two militarily pointless shots, shooting and killing an unarmed old man in a white robe as well as a young girl walking with other girls. Gallagher allegedly boasted about the large number of people he had killed, claiming he averaged three kills a day over 80 days, including four women.[1] Gallagher also was reportedly known for indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine gun fire with no known enemy force in the region.[6]

A charge of obstruction of justice was brought against Gallagher for alleged witness intimidation. According to the claim, Gallagher allegedly threatened to kill fellow SEALs if they reported his actions.[2] The Navy cited his text messages as attempting to undermine the investigation, with messages sent to "pass the word on those traitors", meaning cooperating witnesses, and to get them blacklisted within the special warfare community.[6][1] This resulted in him being confined in the brig for a time with heavy restrictions on his ability to communicate, although this confinement was later lessened.[2]

Gallagher was also charged with "nearly a dozen" lesser offenses.[2]

The Navy botched the investigation and more importantly, the prosecution so all he was found guilty of was posing for pictures with the dead body. The fact he got off so easy was already embarrassing enough w/o Trump intervening in his favour and re-instating his pay rate ahead of his retirement.

It may be a good move for his domestic audience, but it doesn't reflect well on the administration and military elsewhere elsewhere around the world.

Last edited:
With his Thanksgiving vacation, President Donald Trump’s golf hobby has now cost Americans an estimated $115 million in travel and security expenses ― the equivalent of 287 years of the presidential salary he frequently boasts about not taking.

Of that amount, many hundreds of thousands ― perhaps millions ― of dollars have gone into his own cash registers, as Secret Service agents, White House staff and other administration officials stay and eat at his hotels and golf courses.

The exact amount cannot be determined because the White House refuses to reveal how many Trump aides have been staying at his properties when he visits them and will not turn over receipts for the charges incurred.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-golf-trips-millions-thanksgiving_n_5ddedbefe4b0913e6f7865cf

I wouldn't feel so compelled to post this if people on here hadn't pointed out just how magnanimous Trump had been, not cashing in on his salary. Nothing says transparency in government like not turning over receipts.

ProPublica, for example, found that Mar-a-Lago charged taxpayers $546 a night for rooms ― three times the per-diem rate and the maximum allowed by federal rules ― for 24 Trump administration officials who stayed there during a visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2017.

Come on Donny, aren't you so rich that you couldn't price match the per diem rate? I thought using your property for the G7 was all about saving money for the taxpayer's sake...

Proceedings were initiated by a review board that may have resulted in Gallagher being stripped of his seal insignia (the trident) Trump decided and posted on Twitter that, for some reason (mostly political; ie catering to his base), he wouldn't allow this to happen. For context, this was after Trump overruled Gallagher's demotion to a lesser rank. The demotion was basically the outcome of Gallagher's flawed murder trial.

Spencer felt strongly that the president's interference (in spite of his prerogative as commander in chief) ahead of the proceedings undermined his role as secretary of the navy and sent the wrong message ( ie contrary to good order and discipline at large)

This was his publicly stated position. Part of the issue is that he went over his boss's head and tried to negotiate with the White House for Gallagher to retire and keep his status. Spencer's boss, Esper, didn't like him breaking the chain of command and fired him.

TLDR: Polling showed that there was likely an overlap between trump supporters and fans of the movie Zero Dark Thirty. Trump decided that a good way to "show support" for the men and women of America's armed Forces is by intervening in cases of alleged war criminals. Because even when seals go rogue, they're still seals and this must be celebrated somehow.

Here's what he was alleged to have committed according to wikipedia:

The Navy botched the investigation and more importantly, the prosecution so all he was found guilty of was posing for pictures with the dead body. The fact he got off so easy was already embarrassing enough w/o Trump intervening in his favour and re-instating his pay rate ahead of his retirement.

It may be a good move for his domestic audience, but it doesn't reflect well on the administration and military elsewhere elsewhere around the world.

long story short, you don't mess with the internal dealings of the army. you tell them what to do and you let them do it. army ranks should not be political. if they become political the integrity of the army is compromised, and you don't know what kind of result you'll get in the future.

Donald John Trump is now president: what does it mean for you?

Haha
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...ng-thanksgiving-afghanistan-a9228331.html?amp

Tl:dr
Reporter with trump derangement syndrome gets fired over fake news she wrote about trump playing golf and tweeting on thanksgiving **cough*kahos*cough**

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

It was a reasonably good guess. These things being two of his favourite activities. He’s got to be the president with the most tee time. 99% of that time spent in his own resorts.

The Secret service did a good job with their planning/ execution on that trip. Even scripted tweets and what not. Job well done.

Low effort reporter got fired for being lazy / saving face for the editors. Casualty of our modern news cycle.

It was a reasonably good guess. These things being two of his favourite activities. He’s got to be the president with the most tee time. 99% of that time spent in his own resorts.

The Secret service did a good job with their planning/ execution on that trip. Even scripted tweets and what not. Job well done.

Low effort reporter got fired for being lazy / saving face for the editors. Casualty of our modern news cycle.

It's not the fact that she did get it wrong, it's that when she found out it was wrong she modified the story without a proper retraction/correction. She should have one identified that there was a major change to the story and two, taken out the mention of golf and any other activities that were used as interference to protect his trip.

It's clear by her actions that it was a hot piece, not a factual update about the schedule of the president.

Back