Donald John Trump is no longer president: what does it mean for you?

You're right, I purposely significantly lowered the number that illegal immigration costs the US. It's closer to $200 billion/year. Surely 25% of that is because of illegal immigration through Mexico.

In 2016, Mexicans made up approximately 50% of illegal US immigrants.

Were you okay with George Bush's $2.3 billion border wall that Obama and Hillary Clinton supported?

Section of wall ok. Big wall racist. Got it.

Why is it immediately racist and not just a waste of money?

You're right, I purposely significantly lowered the number that illegal immigration costs the US. It's closer to $200 billion/year. Surely 25% of that is because of illegal immigration through Mexico.
There. By your own admission a wall with Mexico would be 75% ineffective.

Were you okay with George Bush's $2.3 billion border wall that Obama and Hillary Clinton supported?

Actually i didn't give a shit about it back then because there weren't any annoying people bringing up the subject every five minutes.

Section of wall ok. Big wall racist. Got it.

There you go:

conservative-victim-card-check-one-or-more-options-below-choose-32182571.png

There. By your own admission a wall with Mexico would be 75% ineffective.

Not at all, you're twisting things again, but ineffective at what? What purpose do you think a wall on the US/Mexico border serves exactly? Keeping out Europeans or Africans that are overstaying their visas?

Who ever said a wall between the US and Mexico was a be all end all solution to illegal immigration, let alone illegal immigration from Mexico?

Actually i didn't give a shit about it back then because there weren't any annoying people bringing up the subject every five minutes.

Then stop watching CNN!

Why is it immediately racist and not just a waste of money?

Because people have used the wall as a reason to call Trump racist more than they've given any other reason for objection.

Democrats will claim it's about money, but that's pure nonsense as the last Democrat President DOUBLED the country's debt in 8 years. Liberals do nothing better than spending money that's not there. For a country with a $600 billion annual military budget, the cost of the wall is a drop in the bucket. There are plenty of reasons to oppose a wall between allied countries. Money isn't near the top of that list.

Not at all, you're twisting things again, but ineffective at what? What purpose do you think a wall on the US/Mexico border serves exactly? Keeping out Europeans or Africans that are overstaying their visas?

Who ever said a wall between the US and Mexico was a be all end all solution to illegal immigration, let alone illegal immigration from Mexico?

Then stop watching CNN!

Don't waste your time. Honestly i've met some 12 year olds who are more intellectually developed/honest than Spaceman.

See the fallacy of his counter argument is that people coming in via Visas and overstaying their welcome are of the same caliber of those illegally hoping the border. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Yes both are in the country when they shouldn't be but one of them has undergone background check(s) and was deemed worthy enough to be there in the first place, and the other is most likely (not guaranteed) to be an undesirable who will, again, likely be a burden to the American people.

The 3 main targets of the wall:
Drug runners, human traffickers and welfare leeches.

So even if 99% of the people were in the US illegally by plane and/or overstayed visas, the wall would still keep out those extremely undesirable opportunists who wouldn't get in any other way outside of running across the border.

Oh look! It's 250rocket jumping in and insulting people again. Must be monday...

Oh look, Spaceman Spiff ignoring the main argument and focusing on the trivial, must be a day that ends in "y".

I lurk for the most part these days because of asshats like you. People actually take the time to form coherent arguments (for an Off Topic section of a car forum) and then they are graced with the buffoonery that are your responses.

If you take notice, I addressed my response to Stirl to save him the time and frustration, to inform him that he's dealing with someone who's a few watts short of a light bulb when it comes to debating topics such as these. The insult as you see it was not the main goal of the post, but the explanation as to why he might not want to further engage.

To everyone else in this thread, tune in Tuesday at 9pm EST, Trump will be making an announcement about the wall. You'll get it directly from him, not twisted sound bytes by the MSM.

Oh look, Spaceman Spiff ignoring the main argument and focusing on the trivial, must be a day that ends in "y".

I lurk for the most part these days because of asshats like you. People actually take the time to form coherent arguments (for an Off Topic section of a car forum) and then they are graced with the buffoonery that are your responses.

If you take notice, I addressed my response to Stirl to save him the time and frustration, to inform him that he's dealing with someone who's a few watts short of a light bulb when it comes to debating topics such as these. The insult as you see it was not the main goal of the post, but the explanation as to why he might not want to further engage.

To everyone else in this thread, tune in Tuesday at 9pm EST, Trump will be making an announcement about the wall. You'll get it directly from him, not twisted sound bytes by the MSM.

It's ok, me and Spiff have been going back and forth for years now. He seems to love to oppose my opinions, but we can never have an actual debate because he tends either misinterpret or twist the context of my posts to fit his own opinion, and it always comes back as an out-there claim about me (don't know how many times he's called me a statist whatever TF that is) or an insult.

For the most part I too stay away from threads like this but sometimes I guess I just can't resist. Like taking a quick peek at the sun during an eclipse or something..

Don't waste your time. Honestly i've met some 12 year olds who are more intellectually developed/honest than Spaceman.

See the fallacy of his counter argument is that people coming in via Visas and overstaying their welcome are of the same caliber of those illegally hoping the border. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Yes both are in the country when they shouldn't be but one of them has undergone background check(s) and was deemed worthy enough to be there in the first place, and the other is most likely (not guaranteed) to be an undesirable who will, again, likely be a burden to the American people.

The 3 main targets of the wall:
Drug runners, human traffickers and welfare leeches.

So even if 99% of the people were in the US illegally by plane and/or overstayed visas, the wall would still keep out those extremely undesirable opportunists who wouldn't get in any other way outside of running across the border.

Wouldn't some guard towers and some thermal optics accomplish the same thing then? It's not like a tower defense game with 6000 people rushing the border per hour.

Lets be honest, in the capitalist world of the US, someone will let the cartels know about "weak points" in the detection systems for a fee.

Wouldn't some guard towers and some thermal optics accomplish the same thing then? It's not like a tower defense game with 6000 people rushing the border per hour.

Lets be honest, in the capitalist world of the US, someone will let the cartels know about "weak points" in the detection systems for a fee.

Some context:

The US / Mexico border is over 3,000km long. That would be an insane amount of towers and border agents.

There are currently 20,000 border agents.

500,000 is the amount of illegals that cross the border annually.

The border wall was a huge election if he can't build it he will lose major support with his core voter base. His speech tonight will be hilarious, full of lies and blaming the Democrats for everything he can't get done.

The networks are screwed. They don't air the speech. He will call fake news and them being partisan.

The border wall was a huge election if he can't build it he will lose major support with his core voter base. His speech tonight will be hilarious, full of lies and blaming the Democrats for everything he can't get done.

The networks are screwed. They don't air the speech. He will call fake news and them being partisan.

The networks will air the speech. If they don't, Trump fans will claim they are censoring him. If they do, Trump fans will claim they are falsely reporting the news with their fact-checking.

So basically, blame the mainstream media whatever they do.

The networks will air the speech. If they don't, Trump fans will claim they are censoring him. If they do, Trump fans will claim they are falsely reporting the news with their fact-checking.

So basically, blame the mainstream media whatever they do.

I think we can agree that MSM is always shit anyways

Il est tellement condescendant et en manque d'attention, c'est incroyable.

Criss que ça serait drôle de voir un Mexicain au loin traverser la frontière pendant qu'il parle devant le micro

Back