Steering wheel re-wrap

Orpo

Hey guys
I want to re-wrap my steering wheel but can only find places in the US and Europe.

I'd like something local or at least in Canada.
Any ideas?

Thanks

contact upholstery shops, technically they should be able to do it, but it's really labor intensive.

pourquoi se casser la tete pour un re-wrap..trouve un en bonne shape au scrap ou sur des voitures accidentes, swap les airbags et tu es en business.

pourquoi se casser la tete pour un re-wrap..trouve un en bonne shape au scrap ou sur des voitures accidentes, swap les airbags et tu es en business.

The re-wrapped wheels are custom leather or alcantera and you can have them make it thicker and softer.
Take a look on ebay for wrapped wheels and you'll know why I want another one for my TTRS :)

contact upholstery shops, technically they should be able to do it, but it's really labor intensive.

Thanks
Im at that point now.
I would think there is a business opportunity here. I know I'm not the only one that loves thick soft leather between my hands :)

My wheel could definitely use a rewrap. Its something ive never seen done and im interrested if ever you find someone.

Someone mentioned above finding a new wheel and swapping it with the airbags. Isnt that illegal? How labor intensive would that be? Does it need inspection by saaq/caa?

My wheel could definitely use a rewrap. Its something ive never seen done and im interrested if ever you find someone.

Someone mentioned above finding a new wheel and swapping it with the airbags. Isnt that illegal? How labor intensive would that be? Does it need inspection by saaq/caa?

He was talking about getting the same steering wheel at the junkyard and swap his worn out one with it. Junkyards won't sell you the airbag as it's illegal but swapping your own airbag from your own steering wheels isn't. As for labor, it's easy but I'm pretty sure you'll need tamper proof tools.

I did mine here for my car.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/SteeringWheelCover.php

I bought a second wheel and shipped it for them to thicken it up and wrap it in Alcantara.

YA... it was expensive! If you calculate material, a second wheel, cost to wrap, exchange, shipping, etc...
It was in the $700 range!

p.s. They do offer video's of DIY if you think you can do it yourself. They will just send you the wrap for you to do it yourself.

I did mine here for my car.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/SteeringWheelCover.php

I bought a second wheel and shipped it for them to thicken it up and wrap it in Alcantara.

YA... it was expensive! If you calculate material, a second wheel, cost to wrap, exchange, shipping, etc...
It was in the $700 range!

p.s. They do offer video's of DIY if you think you can do it yourself. They will just send you the wrap for you to do it yourself.

Thanks. I'll check them out.

Your total price is very close to buying a re-wrapped wheel on eBay.

Thanks. I'll check them out.

Your total price is very close to buying a re-wrapped wheel on eBay.

Not for the type of Vehicule I drive. The OEM one for my car was about the same price but its not wrapped 100% Alcantara where mine is.

Put it this way.. I got EXACTLY what I wanted (type of stitching, color, size) for the same price as OEM but in my honest opinion, 10x nicer!

Good luck

p.s. The prices I quoted you were from 5 years ago... perhaps it could be cheaper... I remember having to ship my wheel to Poland! $$$$$

Not for the type of Vehicule I drive. The OEM one for my car was about the same price but its not wrapped 100% Alcantara where mine is.

Put it this way.. I got EXACTLY what I wanted (type of stitching, color, size) for the same price as OEM but in my honest opinion, 10x nicer!

Good luck

p.s. The prices I quoted you were from 5 years ago... perhaps it could be cheaper... I remember having to ship my wheel to Poland! $$$$$

such a pretty boy this kirk...

Back