2017 Edition - Your bikes/Vos motos

I think I'm going to sell my Triumph Bonneville in the spring. I love it and it's perfect but I only do 1500kms a year on it. It's a 2004 and has 10k on it. I just use it on nice days and take my gf on it. But I think I'd rather have a vintage convertible. If anybody is interested pm me .

No price... Why? I would assume that an ad without a price is way overpriced and skip it right away

Ha no , not really my price in mind is pretty reasonable . I put it up and got 10 messages with most of them sending offers that are pretty close . Honestly I was expecting with the snowstorm and time of year to have maybe 1 person contact me in a month .
Doing it this way I have the least amount of people coming to the house and gets rid of most of the low ballers and the tire kickers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha no , not really my price in mind is pretty reasonable . I put it up and got 10 messages with most of them sending offers that are pretty close . Honestly I was expecting with the snowstorm and time of year to have maybe 1 person contact me in a month .
Doing it this way I have the least amount of people coming to the house and gets rid of most of the low ballers and the tire kickers .

Good if not everyone is like me.

Prices spike in spring so I guess people try to buy now expecting a better deal, and they are eager to see the spring coming. I think the real dead season is November-december, people just stored their bike and must spend on Christmas stuff. Bought my fz6 in December, contacted the seller almost a month before I pulled the trigger and nobody else showed interest to buy it in between.

Good if not everyone is like me.

Prices spike in spring so I guess people try to buy now expecting a better deal, and they are eager to see the spring coming. I think the real dead season is November-december, people just stored their bike and must spend on Christmas stuff. Bought my fz6 in December, contacted the seller almost a month before I pulled the trigger and nobody else showed interest to buy it in between.

Yea in the dead of winter people don't have bikes on the mind. I wanted to show it early to sell it when the snow melts but I got a lot of interest in it . I'm actually even thinking of just keeping it and buying the convertible that I want as well. Thinking that I'll probably regret it and won't ever find one that's in perfect condition with low mileage . I don't really need the money , I just feel bad that it never gets ridden. In 2 seasons I rode less than 3000kms... something like 2500kms

En grand en plus!

Héhé Ouais, technologiquement, c'est pas les petites sportives d'aujourd'hui, mais j'ai roulé plusieurs années sur ZX12 et c'est un bike que j'adore... ;) (Confo, stabilité... pis ca kick quand même pas pire.) ;)

Yea in the dead of winter people don't have bikes on the mind. I wanted to show it early to sell it when the snow melts but I got a lot of interest in it . I'm actually even thinking of just keeping it and buying the convertible that I want as well. Thinking that I'll probably regret it and won't ever find one that's in perfect condition with low mileage . I don't really need the money , I just feel bad that it never gets ridden. In 2 seasons I rode less than 3000kms... something like 2500kms

You can always buy an other bike later, I'd say sell it.
I have to put up my bike for sale in the next few weeks too :(

You can always buy an other bike later, I'd say sell it.
I have to put up my bike for sale in the next few weeks too :(

I ended up taking down the post . I'm going to keep it at least for a little while . In 3 days I had 250views in the middle of winter during a snowstorm . I was offered my price in mind and 3 people that wanted to see it same day with deposits in hand . So the market is there for bikes in Quebec , I don't think you'll have trouble selling your bike if you want a fair offer .

Ma saison est commencée depuis Mercredi.

Une dérogation et on roule quelques kilomètres.
Je me suis rendu jusqu'à Chambly (en provenance de Saint-Pie) et retourné à la maison.

Belle petite balade sympathique histoire de faire patienté d'ici ce printemps. :)

0876a1bacf8b18bbabb0455492b7d322.jpg
e1689ff3b9b113d7ba64e9851b9e19eb.jpg
817bf6450b442099f5ebeb39ff678463.jpg
ed675ec179a5dac61de2a23dd531ea92.jpg

Did some mods on the ZX6R. The DRZ needs new clutch plates. will mostly ride it offroad with the offroad setup.

f9142b970640e9a9479aebe3117aeca5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

2016 edition - Your bikes/Vos motos

Mongol!!!!

T'as déjà fait un thread sur ta moto? Link?

http://www.ridaventure.ca/index.php?/topic/25791-ma-olga-ural-patrol-2006

Résumé rapide de mon histoire avec cette moto.

Comme c'est russe, j'ai déjà dû refaire le moteur vers les 20 000km. Les roulements étaient russes à cette époque et la couronne qui retiens les billes à éclater en morceaux...

J'ai donc changé les pistons, crankshaft, pompe à l'huile, tout les bearing et changé les gaskets.

Premier moteur que j'ouvrais, j'ai fait ça seul ou avec un ami qui est enseignant. Mon ami est bon mais c'est pas son métier également.

Lorsque tout remonté, elle allait très bien mais... Je sais pas..
J'entendais des bruits bizarres, j'ai donc ouvert le moteur une deuxième fois et troisième fois pour inspections.

Je devais parano et à la troisième fois, j'ai oublié de barré le lock-washer sur la flywheel. Elle a donc dévissé et scrapper le crankshaft neuf et rendant la flywheel scrape.

Donc, rechangé le crankshaft, nouvelle flywheel, de nouveaux disques de clutch tant qu'à être là! Pour finalement me rendre compte que les bruits venait de la clutch et que sûrement ELLE A TOUJOURS FAIT ÇA! C'est les disques dentés fixes dans la flywheel qui bougeaient. Mais moi, tellement parano!

Depuis, elle va super bien! Elle démarre à tout les coups et je l'adore! Ça été une belle apprentissage et pas si dispendieuses. Les pièces de Ural sont pas cher lorsque acheté en dehors du Québec.

Hier j'ai jasé une bonne heure avec le rep d'Ural, au boot de Goulet moto au salon de la moto. Assez cool comme bike, et Ural semble avoir changer pour le mieu depuis son transfert vers les USA. 2 ans de garantie, tu peux la faire reparer a nimporte qu'elle garage et envoyer le bill a Ural, plein d'options, peinture custom du manifacturier etc etc. Bref ya juste le prix qui est pas cool, a partir de 17-18k. Anyway c'est sure que je me schedule un test ride chez goulet cette année! Mais bon j'ai eu l'air bête pareil quand y ma dit que le moteur est bon pour se rendre a 30 000 Km :dunno:

Back