C63 AMG Mercedes-Benz | weird paint 1 step polish | Detailed

cobrAAA

Shop Representative
So the owner just bought this car of the dealer and he wanted to give some ''pop'' to the paint. I can tell you the owner was thrilled when he saw the car :) The car had some very weird paint thickness which led me to believe the car was repaint, but no carfax...

1-step polish
aquapel
paint sealant

Initial condition. the car was missing gloss and pop, a bit faded ;

Some 50/50 ;

Not bad for a 1-step polish. Obviously a 1-step polish will never knock everything on a black paint, but at least it gave some nice pop to it and removed about 50% of the defect on the paint.

Now for the weird paint problem. I never scratched my head that much.. Usually when it's repaint, 3 things will happens ;

1. Orange peel ; didn't see more than OEM
2. Sanding marks ; didn't see any
3. not a good color match ; to me, they appeared pretty even

Okay so it don't appears to be repaint or they did a very good job matching the OEM paint.. but then why is the paint thickness so uneven ?

Hood ; 200 microns
both front fender ; 110 microns
both door ; 160 microns
both rear fender ; between 170-220.
trunk ; 80 microns

Like da fuck !!!?? how come so much variation ? but my biggest concern is that the thickness is symmetrical, so it's pretty much the same on both side. I really can't put the finger on it.. I'm sure the rear fender passager was repaint, but they did a very good job matching all 3 concerns i wrote before and even paint thickness is pretty similar to the other side..

So yeah it is what it is.. i completed my detail and took some after pic ;

I also offered a Valet service so i took some pictures too when I parked the car due to the different lighting, the hood had crazy reflection in person ! hard to catch because it would've shown better on a video ;

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

je dit sa comme ca mais ton reading viens p-e du fait que les panneaux serait fait de different materiaux (exemple les X5 les ailes sont en plastique)

Back