The Official MKV Toyota Supra Thread

C'est moi ou la photo avec le camo rouge-blanc-noir on dirait vraiment une fr-s.. on est rendu loin du concept supra ft-1...

Il y aura une version 4cyl

Deux motorisation de BMW.. Le B58 et le B48.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca..._campaign=socialflowFBPOP&utm_source=facebook

Malheureusement, ça prouve hors de tout doute que ce sera une BMW avec un badge Toyota... Pas vraiment d'exclusivité et probablement pas l'aura que la MK4 avait

Just because it will have BMW engines and possibly some BMW interior parts doesn't mean it will be a re-badged BMW. The cars will each have a completely different look and completely different driving dynamics, with the Supra being more sport oriented.

Remember, BMW is not building the cars, neither is Toyota. Each manufacturer decided how they want their respective car to perform. Calling it a re-badged BMW is not accurate IMO. Much less than calling an 86 a re-badged Subaru (which is not accurate either).

I do agree that it will probably not live up to the MKIV though. No bulletproof Getrag, no bulletproof 2JZ. It won't be able to make as much power, I doubt it will be as reliable, and it definitely won't be the giant killer that the MKIV was (which I'm fine with, the HP race has gotten stupid). I find it sad that the car will come with a 3.0 Turbo I6, yet Tada is already urging buyers to buy the 4cyl model so they can swap a 2JZ in there. That right there is some seriously backwards shit. Hello Toyota, wake up and build a 3JZ (I know, I know, profitability this, cost-cutting that)

Last edited:
Le 4 cylindre va être le retour de la Celica supra :p

Envoyé de mon Pixel en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Let's wait til we get the final specs before giving up hope. Agreed that it is looking kinda disappointing for now, but maybe in the looks dept it will win back a few points...

Btw, a 4cyl turbo is inevitable, they never would've release an n/a l6 for the base model as in the mk4

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

J’ai bien hâte de voir le poids!

La 4cyl Turbo pourrait être la FRS espérée. J’espere bien qu’il va y avoir de la sauce Toyota dans le bolide

Just because it will have BMW engines and possibly some BMW interior parts doesn't mean it will be a re-badged BMW. The cars will each have a completely different look and completely different driving dynamics, with the Supra being more sport oriented.

Remember, BMW is not building the cars, neither is Toyota. Each manufacturer decided how they want their respective car to perform. Calling it a re-badged BMW is not accurate IMO. Much less than calling an 86 a re-badged Subaru (which is not accurate either).

I do agree that it will probably not live up to the MKIV though. No bulletproof Getrag, no bulletproof 2JZ. It won't be able to make as much power, I doubt it will be as reliable, and it definitely won't be the giant killer that the MKIV was (which I'm fine with, the HP race has gotten stupid). I find it sad that the car will come with a 3.0 Turbo I6, yet Tada is already urging buyers to buy the 4cyl model so they can swap a 2JZ in there. That right there is some seriously backwards shit. Hello Toyota, wake up and build a 3JZ (I know, I know, profitability this, cost-cutting that)

As for the bullet proof engine able to handle some power I wouldn’t worry too much with a BMW engine...Engines like the s54 have been boosted for ages with stock internals while on top of it they are high compression engines. Everything is forged out of the box and ready to be abused, despite plenty of things people may not like about the brand, if there’s anyone out there able to build great engines it’s BMW.

J’ai bien hâte de voir le poids!

La 4cyl Turbo pourrait être la FRS espérée. J’espere bien qu’il va y avoir de la sauce Toyota dans le bolide
Toyota leur recette de sauce s'est gâché quand ils ont commencé à mettre trop de véhicules beige in/out sur le marché.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

Toyota leur recette de sauce s'est gâché quand ils ont commencé à mettre trop de véhicules beige in/out sur le marché.

Je ne suis pas prête à dire ça... Oui, ils sont très conservateurs, mais sur le marché mondial, ils ont continué à offrir des voitures sportives et plaisantes en plus d'être très fiables. En Amérique, on a eu la gamme <<F>> chez Lexus. Toyota offre une IS 300 avec un 4cyl Turbo RWD mais tout le monde s'en criss lol sinon:

IS-F
GS-F
RC-F
LC-F

Leur gamme de camion Hors-Route est quand même nice et ils ont un support aftermarket incroyable. Ce n'est pas si beige

ca fais 50 ans que le Beige existe chez Toyota. trouve une autre excuse.

la fin de la Supra, ca c'est une bonne excuse.

Toyota, please don't do what Dodge did to the Dart!!!!
1969-dodge-dart-specs.jpg

2013-Dodge-Dart-GT-01.jpg

ca fais 50 ans que le Beige existe chez Toyota. trouve une autre excuse.

la fin de la Supra, ca c'est une bonne excuse.
Ce que je voulais surtout dire c'est que autrefois, le plaisir de conduite Toyota l'offrait à des budgets plus accessible et à plus de modèles. Oui la gamme Lexus, oui c'est plus cher et pas accessible à tous à moins d'aller dans l'usager, ça la dessus, Lexus pousse fort et bien.

Avant il y avait la Celica, Corrola GTS et dernièrement la XRS et Matrix XRS, la MR2.

Et d'un autre sens, ça fait parti du capitalisme d'offrir plus à la majorité pour aller chercher de l'argent. Il y a encore du marché pour les "sportives" mais plus comme c'était, mais les constructeurs essaye de s'adapter parce si c'est pas eux, c'est un autre qui ira chercher ces clients qui veulent une sportive.

Tada-san... Making Toyotas fun again :D

But seriously, with regards to the "boring beige Toyotas", I find they have really come a long way in the last few years. The current 4Runner and Tacoma are just amazing. Even the Avalon and Camry are pretty nice these days.

Back