Volvo XC70 Reliability, which gen? 06 - 09?

Nathan

Legacy Member
Hello!

I am looking around to replace my 98 S90 with a more practical and newer XC70, i am not rich so i am considering 06-07 years, or 08-09 (which i much prefer the face lift and interior)

Any bad points you guys are aware of either gen? I am starting my search and havent seen anything really nasty about them. Sure they are slushbox grocery getters, i guess i'm getting old :p

Also, any good places you recommend looking for used cars except kijiji and lespac? (sorry i dont change cars often; s90 3 years now, and my accord been here for 12 1/2)

Thanks!!

Those still running on the P2 platform? Based on my 8 years of XC90 experience, I'll pass on Volvo's for now simply because of the amount of things that broke down. Clubvolvoquebec.com is your friend - it's local, not for the city of Quebec. Good discounts to be had when you become a VIP member. Volvo Blainville sells good used Volvo's - they are a specialized garage/used car dealership in Blainville, not a dealership.

I have to admit that I often heard of recurring suspension parts breakage (ball joints, tie rods, etc.), the engine is usually solid

Back