Disc Brake Canada - YAY or NAY?

HeadBanger

MR staff member
I'm currently shopping for brakes for my car, and I just saw somebody mentioning they ordered from Disc Brake Canada.

https://www.crossdrilledrotors.ca/

I've never heard of them before myself. However they're based our of Montreal, the prices seem pretty damn good, and they offer free shipping. I'd rather pay more and be happy with my brakes than need to buy new brakes again this summer or within a year.

If anybody has any other suggestions, I'm looking for blank rotors, and probably something along the lines of Hawk HP+ or HPS. I might be getting into autocross or lapping this year, so I don't want rotors that will warp after hitting the brakes three times.

Great service from rock auto always cheap than local parts store even with shipping and exchange rate. Also more choice.

I actually ordered brakes from crossdrilledrotors.ca and I'm quite happy with my purchase. I bought the plain rotors and the ceramic pads for all 4 corners, the performance is great for normal use and the price was fair (250$ taxes in), given it was for my daily driver and not for track use

Prices from Rock Auto are about par, higher even, then I get.

I rather shop local. That way You don't have to deal with shipping headaches either.

I'm currently shopping for brakes for my car, and I just saw somebody mentioning they ordered from Disc Brake Canada.

https://www.crossdrilledrotors.ca/

I've never heard of them before myself. However they're based our of Montreal, the prices seem pretty damn good, and they offer free shipping. I'd rather pay more and be happy with my brakes than need to buy new brakes again this summer or within a year.

If anybody has any other suggestions, I'm looking for blank rotors, and probably something along the lines of Hawk HP+ or HPS. I might be getting into autocross or lapping this year, so I don't want rotors that will warp after hitting the brakes three times.

I am pretty sure that local shops , that are set up and have good stock, can meet your needs for general brake requests.
If you are looking for Hawk specific, coupled with quality discs- I am sure that Perry Performance can out perform most- if not all online suppliers.
and you can get some straight advice.

450 662 6927

Hey I Actually got some for a 335 2009, the Black XD series they were very decent for the price and you can even pick them up in Montreal, I made a mistake when I ordered (coupe sedan diff rotors) I exchanged them in person. I would compare the rotors to stoptech (essentially a drilled centric rotor)

I am pretty sure that local shops , that are set up and have good stock, can meet your needs for general brake requests.
If you are looking for Hawk specific, coupled with quality discs- I am sure that Perry Performance can out perform most- if not all online suppliers.
and you can get some straight advice.

450 662 6927
X2, j'ai pas trouvé mieux que chez Perry pour mes Hawk HPS il y a 1-2 ans, et j'ai pas trouvé mieux que Euro Parts Import pour mes disques Zimmermann non plus. Deux entreprises d'ici qui offre du service A1!

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6P en utilisant Tapatalk

X2, j'ai pas trouvé mieux que chez Perry pour mes Hawk HPS il y a 1-2 ans, et j'ai pas trouvé mieux que Euro Parts Import pour mes disques Zimmermann non plus. Deux entreprises d'ici qui offre du service A1!

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6P en utilisant Tapatalk

I am feeling the love!

Honestly, most rotors come from the same sources today. I don't think there are any rotor factories left in North America. Most of the cheap rotors you see on eBay, and websites like max brakes or cross drilled rotors are blanks built by Bendix or some other oe supplier in China, then they are shipped to Canada, machined and coated and sold for cheap online. The premium rotors you'll get at Canadian tire, Napa or eBay probably all come from exactly the same place, and marketing and boxes is what affects the price.

That said, I wouldn't mind running the rotors, just don't use their brake pads. Most of them are also economy Bendix pads. Get OEM pads for you daily driver, or hawk/ferodo/stoptech if you're tracking...

I am feeling the love!
I'll say even more, I often have an idea in mind when I walk into Perry. When I speak with Carl and hear his advices FOR MY APPLICATION, he often makes my change my mind and points my at the best product at the best price.

Plus he gives awesome service by email, which I love.

I'll say even more, I often have an idea in mind when I walk into Perry. When I speak with Carl and hear his advices FOR MY APPLICATION, he often makes my change my mind and points my at the best product at the best price.

Plus he gives awesome service by email, which I love.

Now I am gonna blush......

Back