Bmw M5-M3 : WPC Rod bearings?

each place that I ask they told me go oem , and those place were turner motorsport and active autowerkes , so I guess oem you can't go wrong but after a while you will need to change them again I guess...

each place that I ask they told me go oem , and those place were turner motorsport and active autowerkes , so I guess oem you can't go wrong but after a while you will need to change them again I guess...

by what i read till now, alot of ppl on forums give bad review about OEM for V10 from m5 and V8 from M3 . so i dunno . There is another company who made something diffirent to ,they say that oem wasnt engineer correctly and WPC is ok but they dont make job at 100% !! so i dunno to eho belive lol .

I think the real problem isnt the bearing really.... its how the rod was design, that's the problem , the hole in the the rod that make the oil lubricat your bearing is not big enough that why bearing need to be change after a while but bmw wont tell people this lol easy money for them

So solution is to drill slightly larger hole ?

If I had a s65 or s85 engine I would try it for me because that's what I think it's the problem , I would take the rods and bring it to a machinist and ask to drill a little bit bigger and after a while look at the bearing to see if they are any change but it not everybody that love to tear up a engine just to try this for fun to see if it will stop that bearing issue.

Do you use 10W60, if so the hole on the rod to lubricate the bearings may not be large enough for that oil viscosity.
If you have the money to do the upgrade, go for those treated bearings.

Back