Luxury 4 cylinder SUV

Bad306

Legacy Member
I currently have a 2011 GMC Terrain.

I want to get a Luxury Suv that is very good on gas.

Any ideas?

I like the Mercedes GLK350 2010-2015 but its a 6 cylinder and very hard on gas.

I wouldnt mind getting a 6 cylinder Small/Medium SUV good on gas.

I don't know how to say this gently... but those who can afford to buy a luxury vehicle don't worry about fuel mileage or fuel costs.

I don't know how to say this gently... but those who can afford to buy a luxury vehicle don't worry about fuel mileage or fuel costs.
Esti que ça me fais rire c'est osti de commentaires là qui arrête pas de revenir...

Moi ça m'importe le milage. Si j'ai le choix entre 2 véhicule équivalent et un consomme 2L/100km de moins que l'autre, ça se peut que ça pèse dans la balance...

people who can afford luxury SUV's care about gas mileage because they care about the range. It's annoying to go fill up every 3 days vs every week.
or the company has gas allowance so the person is trying to maximize the savings.

I think the first answer needs to be....

What's your definition of "LUXURY"

some people see a fully loaded TUSCAN as a luxury car and others don't....

after you've decided what that word means to you... then you can narrow it down to what luxury's matter most (leather?heated and ventilated seats? heads up display? navi?) versus fuel economy

then you should have a list of 2 maybe 3 cars... which you should go test drive all 3 and make your final decision from there

to be honest though.... most CUV/SUVs that are AWD, no matter 2L/2.5L turbo/2.0T/3.5L all pretty much end up in the same 10-12L/100KM of consumption and can easily be more or less depending on your driving habits and right foot... so even the fuel economy can be "relative" to how you drive

good luck

Lexus NX ?

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/fr/automobiles/nx#nx200t

a3accec1e207e6a24f239177803f7df2.jpg

Last edited:
to Buy , RDX, even if V6 , its big enough and good on gas (like SRT-What Said) , used of new

LEase even if you didnt ask, , JAG F-PACE Diesel , (would not tough that thing with a 10 foot pole though without warranty)

friends wife has the NX.... its a very nice truck.... but god damn expensive as fuck...

just to have rain sensing wipers, which to me is the BASIC of the BASIC for a luxury car.... you have to jump into the "Luxury" package or "F SPORT2" or any package above that... which means 54k+minimum....

The pricing versus options of that car just doesn't make sense, they almost force you to upgrade... his wife is paying 825$ a month and its still not even fully loaded (she has the F Sport2)

Ive seen a 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class GLK250 BlueTec DIESEL GPS NAVI for 23k.

Its 2.2 4 cylinder Turbo Diesel Engine. Looks to be good on Gas.

27 MPG combined

City MPG:24 Highway MPG:32

Never had a Diesel vehicle before.

I think i will go with the Mercedes, those years seem reliable too.

I think the size of that truck + diesel, makes total sense. But make sure you have a mechanic that can maintain that car for you that's NOT the dealer....

Le X1 est vraiment bien, pas mal mieux que la génération antérieure. Plus petit, tu peux voir le Q3 mais c'est pas le meilleur produit d'Audi. Tu peux trouver un bon deal sur le Q5 car le nouveau modèle vient de sortir.

I think the size of that truck + diesel, makes total sense. But make sure you have a mechanic that can maintain that car for you that's NOT the dealer....

Is there anything to look out for in a Diesel Vehicle? Never had one before. I heard Mercedes Bluetec is very good.

Is there anything to look out for in a Diesel Vehicle? Never had one before. I heard Mercedes Bluetec is very good.

I would send a msg to Gregster and get his opinion.

Greg says GREEN LIGHT, then I'd do it
Greg says RED LIGHT, then I wouldn't
Greg says YELLOW LIGHT, then I would try to find another truck to my taste and if in the end its the best option available at the time, I would go for it and take my chances

If you go with higher end vehicles, also be prepared to shell out more on services and fixes. (some SUVs mentioned above take premium gas... if you're concerned, that's also something you should think about)

Back