2017 Formula One season thread

Wasn't flooded, I bike through there almost every day. Plenty of constructions around the track though.

Is grandstand 31 any good? There are groupon deals for 31 but I'm unsure about purchasing.

with the absurd budget that daddy provided and the testing program that he got in the 2014 williams, you would expect more from this guy.

in spain: massa had the first lap contact, puncture + 2 other contacts during the race. at one point he was 50 seconds behind stroll. 50 fucking seconds.

he managed to pass him on track and finish ahead.

100% true. Only reason he is there is because of the $$$ from his dad. One universal thing that every driver has to have when they get to F1 is racecraft, he has none.

All drivers come with money from somewhere.

I'm talking about those drivers versus their more experienced team mate. Lance is nowhere near fucking MASSA. Like I said compare Villeneuve & Hamilton in comparison to their team mates in their first season (Amazing car, but they did the job & kept up with their team mates)
Williams was a top 3 team in those days. Villeneuve was always driving top notch equipment, in Formula Atlantic, Indycar and when he entered F1.. Williams didn't have a great car for the 98 season based on engine and JV wanted to much cash. He mustered a few podiums with BAR then faded away. Talented in top notch rides but not so much in lesser stuff. What made Villeneuve damaged goods was he started to believe his own bullshit, he was a very toxic team mate to be around.

Regardless of Lance having his dads money he is rather humble. I dont get why everyone is pissing on a first year driver. Of course he not near the level of Massa. Massa has been in the sport for 15 years! Almost as long as Lance has been alive.

Regardless of Lance having his dads money he is rather humble. I dont get why everyone is pissing on a first year driver. Of course he not near the level of Massa. Massa has been in the sport for 15 years! Almost as long as Lance has been alive.

If you chose to skip primary school and head straight for university only because you're rich you better be ready to at the very least out-qualify your aging teammate who let's face it, is on the decline and shouldn't be too difficult to beat. He would have benefited from a season in GP3 and another season in GP2 where it's more cut throat and a great place to work on race craft. This great rush to get him into F1 is doing him no favours and just puts him under a microscope.

JV did have some good equipment but he proved himself and won in almost every Formula he participated and beat some notable drivers along the way. He even finished on the podium in Macau, a race Stroll mysteriously did not participate in last year. Very unusual for an F3 champion to miss the Superbowl of F3. Too dangerous/risky maybe? Yes, JV had some tough years in some inferior cars that mostly were unreliable. Everyone likes to dump on JV but he earned each and every victory, title, made his way up the ranks the hard way with talent and results and never used money or his father's name to get a seat.

Williams was a top 3 team in those days. Villeneuve was always driving top notch equipment, in Formula Atlantic, Indycar and when he entered F1.. Williams didn't have a great car for the 98 season based on engine and JV wanted to much cash. He mustered a few podiums with BAR then faded away. Talented in top notch rides but not so much in lesser stuff. What made Villeneuve damaged goods was he started to believe his own bullshit, he was a very toxic team mate to be around.

So what if Villeneuve had top notch equipment? Why are you focused on that? We are not bashing Lance because he's not winning races, it's because he's doing a pooor job against his teammate. Villeneuve & both did an AMAZING job their first season, against more experience teammates. BAR had a fucking shit car of course he wasn't going to win races. Again, we need to compare with teammates. Lance compared to his teammate has done nothing. He needs to do what VIL or HAM did , qualify as well or better than your teammate & finish in front of them. He crashed twice in winter testing, has had how many incidents this year already? More than VIL or HAM in their first season (superior car doesn't matter).

VIL & HAM actually had more pressure especially Lewis being in one of the best teams going up against the best driver at the time who just won his 2nd consecutive championship.

My friend taught Lance during his karting years, he is not just good enough. As for the defense of him winning the F3 championship. Great but he did it in his second season. Even Nico Hulkenberg & Nico Rosberg won GP2 championship in their first season, along with Lewis.

I don't bash on Stroll for fun, I do believe he doesn't have enough speed to be part of F1 and not just because of a lack of confidence. Monaco will be a big test for him.

Back