2017 Formula One season thread

Great result for Stroll. In before "because everyone crashed" comment.. The kid is solid in the wet

Bringing the car home in 1 piece in the wet is always a good sign of maturity and skill, good on him.

He was a little lucky to not get caught in the clusterfuck of the first corner. Despite it happened well ahead of him since he started 18th, it does not take much debris to damage a F1 nowadays.

https://streamable.com/oanyl

Great result for Stroll. In before "because everyone crashed" comment.. The kid is solid in the wet

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

lets not get ahead of ourselves and say he is "solid" in the wet, he first has to master the dry :D, and have a face transplant.

And Vettel squezzing Ver... not even in the race for the championship...shame on him.

I agree but put yourself in his position: This is a race, he is a race driver, he wants to win, the start is in the wet and he fought hard to get pole position. The last thing he wants is give up his first place on the first corner because then he'll be stuck behind one (or more - since Kimi was coming up fast and would've probably taken 1st place there at the speed is was coming in) driver + in the wet he'll get lots of splash = poor visibility.

Was he wrong to cut weave and squeeze left? Yes.

But in the end it's costing him more than anyone else.

My take is also: Vettel e un pirla.

Vettel is a maroon.

lets not get ahead of ourselves and say he is "solid" in the wet, he first has to master the dry :D, and have a face transplant.
He's closing in on the top 10 in points... His wet qualifying run in Monza was masterful, his driving last night was excellent and he stayed out of trouble. Its possible that he has found a new rhythms and gained confidence

I really hope Williams doesn't sign Palmer when Massa goes. There is talk that Kubica will be testing in the simulator

Vettel just threw out his title hopes.

Message to Sebastian: "You are racing Lewis for the WC, not Verstappen. It is a long race, let him go and worry about finishing in front of Lewis".

Congrats to Lewis for his 4th WC, well deserved for being cool headed.

Vettel just threw out his title hopes.

Message to Sebastian: "You are racing Lewis for the WC, not Verstappen. It is a long race, let him go and worry about finishing in front of Lewis".

Congrats to Lewis for his 4th WC, well deserved for being cool headed.

One DNF for lewis and its all up again , maybe if they were 2 races left okay but their is 6. ROS had 20+ point on lewis last year and he came back so it aint over

I think maybe Ferrari should rethink which of the two WC they will "facilitate" next year.

Kimi is more popular than Vettel and is probably a better driver but his main problem is that Kimi doesn't give a flying fuck about being WC.

I think maybe Ferrari should rethink which of the two WC they will "facilitate" next year.

Kimi is more popular than Vettel and is probably a better driver but his main problem is that Kimi doesn't give a flying fuck about being WC.

Kimi is my favorite F1 driver because he's the most honest of all. I am disappointed in Vettel, way too emotional for a German. Did Ferrari make a mistake in resigning him for 3 years?

Kimi is my favorite F1 driver because he's the most honest of all. I am disappointed in Vettel, way too emotional for a German. Did Ferrari make a mistake in resigning him for 3 years?
Vettel is just making brain dead moves that MSC did in his early years at Ferrari. Anyways if they fail to deliver the wdc this year expect another shake up. Arrivabene is just as good as Toto or Horner but Ferrari politics and toxicness will force him out. Jean Todt and Brawn did great job at shielding the team from upper management.

A key to Mercedes success is that the people in Stuttgart don't interfere with the operations of the team all that much. Do you think Dr.Z openly criticizes if something happens ? No he does not.. But Sergio sure does toss his team under the bus.

They cancelled the rest of track activities for the day because of that.

Ta'arnak... c'est vraiment de la négligence de la part de l'organisation.
EDIT: Je ne comprends pas qu'ils n'aient pas une checklist pour justement s'assurer qu'il n'y ait pas d'oubli comme ça. Peut-importe où une situation du genre arrive, à ce niveau, c'est impardonnable.

Last edited:
On another topic, I enjoy the fact that STROLL said he'd like some rain during the qualif. This kid's pretty talented on a wet track, IMO it's a good way to prove his talent and increase in maturity.

Ta'arnak... c'est vraiment de la négligence de la part de l'organisation.
EDIT: Je ne comprends pas qu'ils n'aient pas une checklist pour justement s'assurer qu'il n'y ait pas d'oubli comme ça. Peut-importe où une situation du genre arrive, à ce niveau, c'est impardonnable.
Incidents like these are what the FIA should be trying to prevent. Rather they seemed focused on other less pressing issues. Had that cover been kicked up the outcome would have been worse. Halo would have done nothing

On another topic, I enjoy the fact that STROLL said he'd like some rain during the qualif. This kid's pretty talented on a wet track, IMO it's a good way to prove his talent and increase in maturity.

Stroll is still in the "I want to prove i'm a good/safe" driver zone I think. Nobody wants to be labeled a Crashtor Maldonado.

A Rain event where is can stay back a little until the mess happens in front and then push a little, earn points, even if 5th or 8th makes him shine and look good and he earns significant experience while doing so.

Incidents like these are what the FIA should be trying to prevent. Rather they seemed focused on other less pressing issues. Had that cover been kicked up the outcome would have been worse. Halo would have done nothing

Happened here in the 1990 Group C race. Manhole cracked by a car then another one ran over it, spit part of it out and hit 2 cars following behind. One burst into flames and a miracle the driver walked away. Lucky no one was following close behind.

Ferrari where world champions go to die.. The ALO curse has struck Vettel. Gotta love Mercedes sand bagging all weekend "we are really struggling for pace"

Back